Nichts

Is Corona really so dangerous for young people?

81 posts in this topic

He talks about a former olympic swimmer and a 12 year old girl beginning 10:26

Another thing to keep in mind: when a hospital exceeds capacity due to the corona virus, that means there are no beds for anyone. That means no hospital bed for the 22 y.o. guy that was in a car accident who now dies. No bed for the 40 y.o. woman who had a stroke and dies. When the hospital is beyond capacity that means no beds and nearly everyone is on their own. In this situation, fatalities significantly increase for all age groups, yet they are not categorized as a coved-19 death. 

Today a 18yo boy with no pre-existing condition died in LA County, so I wouldn't be so sure of the virus being fatal only for older people.

Also according to this article from Yuval Harari the virus is getting stronger, when it first passed from bat to human the virus was still getting used to live in a human body but with time it starts to thrive and becomes even stronger so I would say it's really unpredictable and we should be extra careful, old or young.

https://time.com/5803225/yuval-noah-harari-coronavirus-humanity-leadership/

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

I suggest reading up on the history of the Spanish fly and other plagues that mankind had faced in the past. What I found interesting is that the factor that drove the high mortality rate in the Spanish flu was the following: lack of social distancing, lack of proper healthcare at the time, slow lock down of carriers and underestimating the lethality of a new pandemic (mostly viruses but sometimes bacterial and rarely fungal) to that of a common illness.

Interestingly, Australia at that time was far better than the countries with the highest mortality rate, simply because they forced all ships to dock at least a mile away from ports, so that they could send a boat with doctors to verify passengers if they have Spanish flu like symptoms or not.

@MsNobody  To be hopeful, the autopsy results weren't conclusively linked to the virus being the cause of death. Here's what NY Times stated:

"Los Angeles County Department of Public Health on Tuesday said the death, of a 17-year-old boy from Lancaster, Calif., was from the coronavirus. Hours later, it walked back that statement, saying the death would be further evaluated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“The case is complex and there may be an alternate explanation for this fatality,” the health department said in a statement."

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/24/us/california-coronavirus-death-child.html

50% of people infected in CA right now are between 18-49 years old

If you are under 40 and you think coronavirus cannot kill you within a week, you are just in denial.

Many otherwise healthy young people will die over the next 6 months. So watch your ass.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

next 6 months.

Maybe that is enough time for the sciences to find better way to treat the virus.

“every little thing is gonna be all right” 

we don’t need to give our power away #swag #F.E.A.R #trust 

is anyone else having the symptoms?

i'm not sure, but i think i caught it on 6 march.

with co-workers we went to a bar after work, to celebrate the departure of a peer from the company.

few days later i got a small fever.

co-workers had the same symptoms (some took a day off).

people we're saying "it's just a regular flu".

pain is almost imperceptible tho, i forget about it most of the day (lungs).

i'm not eligible for the test since i didn't took the plane the past 15 days.

country is in quarantine now.

Again,

"Trust in Allah but tie your camel — because Allah has no other hands than yours."

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@DrewNows What do you think about Ralph talking about Archons?

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Excuse my late response but it took a while for the admin to initiate me to this forum.

@Leo Gura 's statistic came straight from the CDC data. The CDC has professional who have devoted their lives to studying infectious disease. Here is the report which was the current hard data at the time it was cited - March 23 - I would expect periodic updates:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e2.htm?fbclid=IwAR2h0BPLU-ddHEuBSF0evZ19ILN9NnwFK5CytL_IF9nh9qnfB79K1c_pqfI#F2_down

Here were the hard facts and numbers as of March 23 for young people:

CDC reports for our age group (20-44 years old). As of now - 20% (that's 1 in 5) of 20-44 Y.O.s will need hospitalization and 12% will be in the ICU fighting for their life. The report has all age groups if you want to check yours.

Saying "What I've heard is..." and disregarding the CDC hard numbers would be disseminating misinformation similar to online bot accounts. 

It's also very disappointing to browse through this forum that should be about embodying the clime of spiral dynamics and see such stage red ideas. The "it's not as bad as the media says" Trumpian stage red rhetoric is designed to control and conquest the conduits of information. It's purpose is to undermined hard working journalists that may have information that clashes with his popularity. He wants the power to only promote one or two sources of information to bend the information to his ego. The news media is not perfect but fighting his war against the media is counter productive.

No one should freak out about the virus but we should also not give in to our ego's desire to downplay this deadly disease. I think of Leo's videos when he talks about the "middle path." This would be a great example.

Edited by tim12345
wanted to tag Leo

Boris Johnson tests positive. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Boris Johnson tests positive. 

Of course, I am not of a student of medicine but given what I've been reading about the virus online and on the threads on this forum I think he will, with the help of exclusive respirators and treatments, go through it just fine, It is a more uncertain outcome if an older American politician, with worse physical health, like Trump or Biden, would catch it or some old U.S. senator in the upcoming infection surge in the upcoming weeks.

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

A very interesting study of COVID-19 testing results from Iceland as a comparative analysis of predicting outcomes in other countries (shared by one of my friends on Facebook). 

From the Article:

What we’re learning from Iceland this week is as fascinating as it is crucial to fighting the coronavirus epidemic: That somewhere in the neighborhood of half of everyone testing positive for the coronavirus will show absolutely no symptoms.

The hard data, out of Iceland, straight from their (impressive) health ministry’s dedicated COVID-19 page:

– As of March 25, Iceland has administered 12,615 tests.
– Of those tests, Iceland has found 802 confirmed cases.
– While it might not sound like a lot, in a sparsely-populated nation of around 364,000 citizens, it’s an impressive number. They’ve nearly tested 3.4 percent of the entire country (compared to the United States, and according to the COVID-19 Project data tracker: we’ve tested 432,655 of our 327 million citizens or just a tenth of one percent of our country’s population). Iceland currently claims to have tested more citizens per capita] than any other country in the world.

Needless to say, Iceland’s efforts are revealing fascinating and potentially lifesaving details about the virus. And via BuzzFeed News, it’s how they came to the striking conclusion about symptom rates, emphasis ours:

“Early results from deCode Genetics indicate that a low proportion of the general population has contracted the virus and that about half of those who tested positive are non-symptomatic,” said [Iceland’s chief epidemiologist Thorolfur] Guðnason. “The other half displays very moderate cold-like symptoms.”

https://futurism.com/neoscope/half-coronavirus-carriers-no-symptoms?fbclid=IwAR3ZUASmtQZcE14P1UvND2e9ctrk2tflL8EOVh_HSkwPPovSHZ3oUOmcPQ4

Edited by Milos Uzelac

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks