Nichts

Is Corona really so dangerous for young people?

81 posts in this topic

Don't get too pedantic. The point is simple: young people can suffer a lot from this. So don't act like you're invincible.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

If this virus is just something I (God)  is imagining, then does that make

it good? Absolute good that is.

10 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

They dont go out the window hahaha.

But the stats are not representative of the bigger picture. If you want to analyse this seriously, you need to do a lot more research.

I permanently lost my daycare spot and have an autistic child who lost all his services that he really needs in order to keep people safe. Even though my kids are the ages least likely to be affected at all, they are making heavy sacrifices (without having any choice in the matter) for the good of the whole. Mothers are forced to quit their jobs, this is setting feminism back by decades.

We are making this massive sacrifice to help hospitals from having to decide whether a naive 20 year old who think he's invincible is worth more than a 60 year old Grandfather. Looking at statistics, doing math and deciding whether or not you should take your chances is not the game we're playing here. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Leo Gura For sure! Meanwhile if people really meditate and be blissfull, eat lightly and not so frequently, you will be ok for the most part. I can tell you this because when i became vegetarian, even with the whole sweet tooth thing i have going on + good amound of meditation and bliss - for these 4-5 years i maybe have been sick for 2 days mildly. Otherwise i had like the worst flu in march of 2015. Never got really sick after that. Of course virus will do its thing but you really can make the diffrence.

I'm in Belgium where this has been going on for a while now.

Most of the deaths are people of the age 65+, younger people have died who usually had some underlying condition like asma. 

The most important thing countries can do is making sure the hospitald dont get flooded. 

Italy got flooded and now they have to choose who gets the respirator.

Shit gets bad really fast with this virus and its just getting started.

Where I live they took action rather early and there has not been an increase for a few days now but its to early to tell if it has reached its peak.

16 minutes ago, Applegarden said:

Meanwhile if people really meditate and be blissfull, eat lightly and not so frequently, you will be ok for the most part.

This is a very dangerous assumption.

You have no idea how your body will react to this new vrius.

All the meditation and tofu in the world may not save you.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is a very dangerous assumption.

You have no idea how your body will react to this new vrius.

All the meditation and tofu in the world may not save you.

People who do Dr. Joe Dispenza’s work have survived stage 4 cancer amongst many other extreme illnesses through his meditations. I get the impression that you have deep metaphysical understanding of things but you’re a bit lacking in the application part. 

@Leo Gura Yes, of course, it is/can be a dangerous assumption (and it is my assumption), however my intuition (if there ever was one) tells me, its going to be ok, and that also equates "even if i die part" as i feel. There is just sense of completeness. Isn't the non-duality counter-intuitive... :D This sense of intuition is bold but i don't know if it is naive.

1 hour ago, Applegarden said:

Of course virus will do its thing but you really can make the diffrence.

But i will leave it at this statement - happiness and bliss = optimal function of the body, which does all the work and does make the differnece so i do disagree to an extent.

However, it will probably still be something unpredictably bad that i have not experienced yet when thinking about going trough it. I mean its not nearly as bad as rabies which hijacks and disables your motor function.

Edited by Applegarden

23 minutes ago, Free Mind said:

People who do Dr. Joe Dispenza’s work have survived stage 4 cancer amongst many other extreme illnesses through his meditations. I get the impression that you have deep metaphysical understanding of things but you’re a bit lacking in the application part. 

Ramana Maharshi died of skin cancer.

So... good luck praying away the coronavirus.

1 hour ago, Applegarden said:

@Leo Gura For sure! Meanwhile if people really meditate and be blissfull, eat lightly and not so frequently, you will be ok for the most part. I can tell you this because when i became vegetarian, even with the whole sweet tooth thing i have going on + good amound of meditation and bliss - for these 4-5 years i maybe have been sick for 2 days mildly. Otherwise i had like the worst flu in march of 2015. Never got really sick after that. Of course virus will do its thing but you really can make the diffrence.

I have been eating meat the last 4-5 years and have been sick for 0 days. Must be the meat. Wonderful logic, right?

6 minutes ago, Free Mind said:

That’s because he didn’t consciously intend to heal himself. 

Maybe...

And maybe he simply could not.

@Esoteric No, you made too many assumptions here, ironically. I love the phrase "wonderful logic", your logic always changes by the information and experiences exposed to you, and we usually tend to think we are really logical and that the other is stupid. If you think i am flaud, we are both ignorant here. However, lets adress the "question" here.

First of all, good for you. However it could be meat, yes, why would you just exlude it and attempt to praise it like a gift of god or smth. But so it can be so much more other factors, i can't monitor what you do, but i can share what worked for me, and got this result.

So i can continune to be a devil and reply you back with the same pretentions and silly sarcastic question: I said that i stopped eating meat and didn't get sick for a long while, so that HAS to be the only factor that helped me into not getting sick, besides nutrition alone, not even touching what else i ate/did and do. WoNdErFuL LoGiC, RiGhT? But now you are going to point out i mentioned that i also did meditation and took some breaks after eating so my whole fallacy has failed, nooo, my precious logic has failed me, (and you probably are the prefect being of god who can't be illogical, right)? Of course i don't think that, but the blatant "logical" attack is a bit too far, and you kinda did assume a bit more than you might want to.

Why could and couldn't meat be the reason? Or part of the factors?

It did some things to me when i stopped i can recall clearly - less need for sleep, lighter stomach/body, less anger and restlesness and suddenly my spiritual practices become so much easier to do and there was so much more bliss. Before that meditation was a exausting chore and i was waiting for it to end. And in this case, yes i think i was the meat.

1. you are vulnerable. you can't talk that away.

2. from the blog: "If you are young and catch this virus, your chances of ending up in the emergency room is 1 in 5." 

I don't think that's what the statistic means. It means: of all the severe cases, 20% are aged 20-44. it doesn't mean of all 20-44 year olds having the virus, 20% are severe cases. 

54 minutes ago, Applegarden said:

@Esoteric No, you made too many assumptions here, ironically. I love the phrase "wonderful logic", your logic always changes by the information and experiences exposed to you, and we usually tend to think we are really logical and that the other is stupid. If you think i am flaud, we are both ignorant here. However, lets adress the "question" here.

First of all, good for you. However it could be meat, yes, why would you just exlude it and attempt to praise it like a gift of god or smth. But so it can be so much more other factors, i can't monitor what you do, but i can share what worked for me, and got this result.

So i can continune to be a devil and reply you back with the same pretentions and silly sarcastic question: I said that i stopped eating meat and didn't get sick for a long while, so that HAS to be the only factor that helped me into not getting sick, besides nutrition alone, not even touching what else i ate/did and do. WoNdErFuL LoGiC, RiGhT? But now you are going to point out i mentioned that i also did meditation and took some breaks after eating so my whole fallacy has failed, nooo, my precious logic has failed me, (and you probably are the prefect being of god who can't be illogical, right)? Of course i don't think that, but the blatant "logical" attack is a bit too far, and you kinda did assume a bit more than you might want to.

Why could and couldn't meat be the reason? Or part of the factors?

It did some things to me when i stopped i can recall clearly - less need for sleep, lighter stomach/body, less anger and restlesness and suddenly my spiritual practices become so much easier to do and there was so much more bliss. Before that meditation was a exausting chore and i was waiting for it to end. And in this case, yes i think i was the meat.

Hehe

@Esoteric I guess the best thing i can say is everything i wrote is up to your intepretation and immagination. I don't think you are interested in the topic, but ofc i can be wrong with my FlAweD logic. :D

And yes what do we have here - a vaegue attempt to expose my flaws in logic again. Good job i guess.

10 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

But now you are going to point out i mentioned that i also did meditation and took some breaks after eating so my whole fallacy has failed

Well you didn't expose me for this but you did try expose me, ofc what else you will do, this is so comical and predictible. :D 

WoNdErFuL LoGiC, RiGhT?

less anger

And i suggest, try being a vegetarian if you really care to see the change if there is one, don't take my word of my FlAwEd logic. And sure this is a trigger to test if i am acctually angry or not, this may not be note to you because why would you give a fuck, but for others to see the mind games of the ego of both of us.

And i would have to an elaborate explanation to how that "less anger" works, but i get a sense you wouldn't care less, that you would even wouldn't try to go vegetarian, so i guess i am wasting my time.

Edited by Applegarden

4 minutes ago, Applegarden said:

so i guess i am wasting my time.

Yatzy

@Nichts In addition to the proximal danger of covid-19, I would also consider the broader danger. Yes, the virus is more dangerous to older people. Younger people have considerable danger, yet far less than the elderly and people with commodities. There is also the broader danger to younger people: this crisis will likely have a significant economic impact. The severity of the impact is unknown, yet there may be high unemployment and a global recession/depression. If I was young, I would be much more concerned about this than contracting the coronavirus. 

There will be lots of new life purpose opportunities created as we move forward.  For example, emerging forms of integrated, global health monitoring and care. 

7 hours ago, Applegarden said:

actually i think it might have a less severe curve if not eating dairy - its a stupid assumption regarding the severeness of the case but could be a factor - since going vegan usually it’s getting less severe if having any kind of cold, the time frame goes down. italy is one of the best countries for vegetarians to bath in yummy food but for vegans its getting difficult, means they eat a lot of milk products - its a pretty weird and bold assumption without making too much sense because there are a lot of variables which could be higher influencing the cases, but i am pretty sure that food has a lot of influence on a system regarding inflammations. and there is some probability that this is a small variable. so even though there is probably much more preventive stuff to do, its in general helpful to not eat dairy during any kind of flu or cold. although i don’t think it makes a difference on infection rate. at least in hospitals it would be maybe worth trying on that.

Edited by remember