Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jj40

How is Covid-19 an expression of love?

14 posts in this topic

I re-watched both videos on "What is Love?". I can understand that a virus which infect and kills us from a human survival perspective is seen as a terrible thing. But conceptually maybe from the perspective of the entire earth this is a good thing as it eliminates humans which seem to be a "virus" to the earth as a whole.

But saying all that I still feel sad and don't feel love towards anything that is going on. If anything I feel grateful right now to simply be sitting here writing this.

I'd be interested to hear other peoples thoughts on this.

Hope everyone is well much love. <3 

COVID-19 = accumulation of all of your thoughts about COVID-19

all thoughts = Nothing

Nothing = Bliss

Bliss = Love

QED

@jj40 Just simply from a biological perspective, the only reason you're alive right now is because thousands of generations of your ancestors fought with viruses and won, creating your robust immune system.

How can a creature have a robust immune system if it is never put to the test? And how can it be put to the test unless some people die?

Do you want your children to be sickly weaklings? Then fight that virus!

A thing cannot grow strong unless it encounters resistance.

But see, if you were weak and sickly, you would complain, "Why God? Why did you make me so weak." And yet when God tries to make you strong by infecting you with a virus, you complain too. You complain in every case. That's the game you're playing.

The virus is nicely showing the weaknesses of society as it is currently organized. The weakness of our political systems. So that your grandchildren could live in a stronger society with robust healthcare and economic systems. The healthcare and economic systems are not going to fix themselves without external pressure. Society evolves as a response to survival challenges. So here we are. Evolution is happening every day, through you! Your struggles are what makes evolution work. Which creates all of life.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Love is just a word that could have infinite interpretations..

Love could also be described as a complete 100% Unconditional Acceptance of WHAT IS ❤

Suffering is caused by the inability to accept WHAT IS..

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Leo Gura super insightful answer thank you hadn't looked at it like that before. 

Still am feeling a bit shitty about it all. I guess I'm just being naive.

I don't mind me some forced self isolation though ;)  (I'm chilling in a tent next step throw away my phone so I don't have internet. Then we are talking)

@VeganAwake So lets just try except shit for how it is and I won't feel bad or suffer. Honestly that sounds great I'll try my best. Some things are very difficult to accept though :/ 

6 hours ago, jj40 said:

@VeganAwake So lets just try except shit for how it is and I won't feel bad or suffer. Honestly that sounds great I'll try my best. Some things are very difficult to accept though :/ 

It's not like a brainwashing tactic or becoming a meditative pacifist.

It doesn't mean that you necessarily approve or like what's happening, but just dropping the initial resistance to the current situation.

Dropping the resistance takes the initial sting out of the situation and you'll suffer less while making further rational decisions.

Liberation is recognizing that 'what is' happening is all there is...

There's never going to be a better situation in the future...

The ego constantly projects there's going to somehow be a better 'what is' up ahead...

The trick is to beat the ego at its own game by asking it ......then what?

Every time the ego projects a better next moment, ask it......then what?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

if you were weak and sickly, you would complain, "Why God? Why did you make me so weak." And yet when God tries to make you strong by infecting you with a virus, you complain too. You complain in every case. That's the game you're playing.

Why God? Why did you make me a complaining creature?

Nobody would be complaining if they would feel bliss beyond ecstasy all the time

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Vulnerability is LOVE along with everything else.  The world can't handle vulnerability because the general consensus is that nature is against us, along with TIME and everything else.  

This virus wants to integrate with humanity and elevate us yet the ego is too stupid to realize it.  

This virus could open our eyes. The entire world is being put on hold, giving us an opportunity to self-reflect. Furthermore the entire world has now one common enemy, an enemy that is not as abstract as Global Warming. An enemy which effects us in the here and now.

This might teach us the lessons necessary for tackling environmental destruction and climate change, because this virus will be nothing compared to what we will face if we do not get our act together very soon.

Glory to Israel