Vipassana

3 Hour Sit ~ Quarantine challenge

85 posts in this topic

Do you feel it's working? :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard well i didnt go into it with any expectations other than to break my own limiting belief because just a month ago.. a 3 hour sit seemed outrageous. In those terms.. its definitely working 

very motivating.  

What else do you do during the day?

I find meditating for longer than 45 minutes depletes my willpower.

in my experience you should only meditating as long as you can do it with excellence and superior concentration. i find people who can have that superior concentration and excellent approach for more than 2 hours very rare. 

@herghly I have been following a strict schedule, meditation, exercise & reading in the mornings, meditation during the afternoon and skill building during the evening. I definitely understand what you mean although I have been pushing through it! does take alot of will power. 

@dvdas Yes most definitely. Quality over Quantity! This is just a temporary challenge. I usually do two 1 hour sits per day. I am solely doing this to break through some barriers i set up for myself by being habituated to doing 1 hour sits & exercise my determination muscle. 

@Vipassana Hey,

I've been wanting to do long sits, but every time my knees start hurting when i sit cross legged for long.

Just wondering, during and after the sit do you get any knee pain or joint pain?

@March yes brother after 1 hour I start getting sharp pains on my inner thighs & by the 2 hour mark, I tend to move. The pain is very temporary and goes away very quickly after I make some movement. After the sit, there is no pain at all... even during the sit.. if you sit still during the pain then its very likely that it subsides but the sometimes it can be tough. Ive done one 3 hour sit without moving so far, just sitting an experiencing the pain. 

On 04/04/2020 at 6:02 AM, Vipassana said:

@herghly I have been following a strict schedule, meditation, exercise & reading in the mornings, meditation during the afternoon and skill building during the evening. I definitely understand what you mean although I have been pushing through it! does take alot of will power. 

This is a really inspiring vision bro, my daily cycle has been pretty shitty, I gotta change things up. Thanks for inspiring!

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."

-Nikola Tesla

You are one determined fellow 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

@Vipassana Yes. I'm wondering how you schedule your day to fit in 3 hours of meditation while still being productive.

@herghly well I am in lockdown so there isn't much to do. I used to meditate 2 hours a day daily, morning and evening but now I just combined those two and added an extra hour during the day. Not much has changed other than my morning activities and evening activities are very different. Morning is all about personal development work and evenings are life purpose work. 

23 hours ago, Vipassana said:

@herghly well I am in lockdown so there isn't much to do. I used to meditate 2 hours a day daily, morning and evening but now I just combined those two and added an extra hour during the day. Not much has changed other than my morning activities and evening activities are very different. Morning is all about personal development work and evenings are life purpose work. 

Are you self employed