Vipassana

3 Hour Sit ~ Quarantine challenge

85 posts in this topic

Your post motivated me to do it, started yesterday sat for 1hr. today 1hr and 15 min, its my highest.  Thank you. b/w i am doing meditation for years, but lately on some days there is  pain on knee cap not serious pain , but kind of numbness on left leg (which is placed on top of right leg every time i sit for meditation in sukhasana.) can it be due to long sits. since u sit for long hours do you have any problem like that?

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Okay not going to join for all the days, but maybe here and there a day.

I was doing for like the first 2 hours and 40 minutes mantras and the last 20 minutes or so doing nothing.

I'd be interested if the people that will do the 21 days, or close to it, describe their experiences and results at the last day.

That's great. I've struggled with the traditional posture though and like to lean up against something to support my back.

So for 3 hours, what do you end up mostly thinking about while your meditating? 

@Harikrishnan Yes at the 2 hour mark, I've had very sharp pain on my right inner thigh which makes me uncross my legs for a few minutes. Also sometime I feel intense knee pain when getting up after the sit

@Bill W mostly end up thinking about the long duration tbh, especially at the 2 hour mark when it starts to get pain however it is all part of the process! 

This is very difficult. But hey good job. 

You're doing great. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Okay another one, the timecode is a little off but close enough. First 2 hours or so is breathwork. I wanted to try if I could get some sort of breakthrough into God-consciousness or such, but that didn't work out. 
Not sure if I'll do another 3h session, maybe one with mushrooms lol

Very inspirational :) And you're sitting so still! I couldn't do that :) But I'll give it a try

@Bill W

Hey, why did you change everything? I'm not even able to message you. :/

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Today was tough my friends, 12 more days to go! I might continue 3 hour sits for a few months if I get used to sitting! 

nu