EternalForest

Why can't people read each other's minds?

42 posts in this topic

Mind fields are not connected to each other. Every mind field is on the other hand connected to the shared field of God.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

25 minutes ago, EternalForest said:

@blankisomeone Non-dual teachers claim I am them, and they are me. This is like the non-duality mantra, yet I honestly have no idea what they're on about. For a while I've lied to myself and told myself I did, but I've recently realized...I really don't. Like, not at all.

I don’t get it either, and I refuse to blindly believe in it. Something inside me tells me its true, but I can’t really fully grasp it. When we feel the pain of others, for example, that tells me there’s a connection. I mean, how is it possible for me to feel the pain of others? The other day I was driving my car and I saw a guy walking, and then a bus drove by him on a puddle of water and almost splashed water all over the poor guy, and I startled and stepped on the brakes. Lol it was funny because for a moment it was like I was that guy, and I was about to get splashed with water!! I just thought it funny how I felt for him... I don’t know, that might be a little hint that we might in fact be one. But, yeah, like I said, I can’t really understand it, like you.

On 23.3.2020 at 11:52 PM, TylerJ said:

The self is god, there is no separation other than that which you create. 

Right now as you are reading this there is no distinction between my mind and yours. This is you “reading” my mind, literally. 

if you are not God, how could it be possible for you to know what the power of God is?

Lol that's on point.

You can reach any mind because all minds are you.

Total Awakening is omniscient, which means you can access the mind of every being in the universe. You just have to realize that they are you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@blankisomeone Well there's a difference between feeling empathy for someone and being them. I've also felt empathy for people so strongly I might as well have been them in that situation. Perhaps that's part of the key to understanding this, but I think I'm missing the point.

@Leo Gura It would help if there existed a human who could prove that these things are indeed possible. Until then, it's just a story. I'm trying to be intellectually honest.

@Commodent God can view them all yet we can't? I thought we were God?

15 hours ago, EternalForest said:

@Leo Gura It would help if there existed a human who could prove that these things are indeed possible. Until then, it's just a story. I'm trying to be intellectually honest.

That human is you.

Stop being lazy and expecting others to prove your own nature to you.

You are Infinite Consciousness, which means you are capable of Total Omniscience and infinite telepathic ability. But it takes serious work. This isn't for dabblers or naysayers.

Intellectual honesty is good. But it doesn't make you right.

Once you completely deconstruct materialism, telepathy becomes quite a reasonable possibility. QM shows us that two particles can communicate instantly across cosmic spacial distances. That's a tiny clue that Consciousness is not seperated from itself in any fundamental way. Consciousness can know all parts of itself instantly. That's what Absolute means.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I would like to be proactive about this. Deconstructing materialism is definitely something I want to get serious about, because there are interesting "cracks in the veil" I've noticed over the years, especially when I'm in certain mindstates. I find myself vacillating between the rational worldview and the nondual worldview quite often. What I lack are the direct spiritual experiences to make the nondual one hold more weight, because the way my mind is wired, logical arguments are more convincing than a Stage Turquoise teaching, but in a way the Turquoise teaching "feels" more true. In this way, I'm at odds with myself.  I think I'll end this thread here, I've gotten enough out of it. Thanks for your responses by the way, I know you're on a retreat and all.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Once you completely deconstruct materialism, telepathy becomes quite a reasonable possibility. QM shows us that two particles can communicate instantly across cosmic spacial distances. That's a tiny clue that Consciousness is not seperated from itself in any fundamental way. Consciousness can know all parts of itself instantly. That's what Absolute means.

I will contemplate this.

@EternalForest What if "creation" in an awakened state would always appear self-consistent with the universe from the point of view of the ego? I mean, by changing the universe you are also changing yourself, which could explain why there is no definitive record of a "miracle" ever happening in the history of mankind, despite the possibility that awakening could've happened an infinite number of times in many worlds.

We are always seeing something. The something I see could be a limited version of me with a limited ability to sense an enormous universe that exists completely independently of my own existence. I could see this as having been so for a duration of time and see this as proof that it has always been this way. I can see that I am completely separate from everything else for a long time and expect it to always be that way. Of all possible things that could be seen, this is one of them.

What if I want to see something other than what I have always seen, given that I firmly believe that what I see, aside from crossing a few t's and dotting a few i's, is a close approximation to the truth of how the reality I experience arises?

If this question can even be considered seriously, then the firmness of the commonly held view of reality as completely separate from me has already loosened, but it hasn't let go. There is a chink in the old armor and a new direction of exploration is now available. In this reality learning seems to takes place in steps that do not invalidate where we now stand. In this new direction, discovery is usually gradual at first because it is helpful to not completely invalidate our entire understanding of reality all at once because that would be terrifying.

The shift from one understanding of reality to another is difficult because we want it all to add up and for a while our mind is holding two understandings of reality, each seeming to compete with the other. I enjoyed Rupert's first video in the post above and he clearly describes how minds tend to notice information similar to whatever they look for the most. A mind that always looks at politics will respond in many ways to information about politics. A mind that always looks at quantum physics will respond in many ways to information about quantum physics. The aspect of mind that is ready to change will respond noticeably when it encounters the information that it can use now. The aspect of mind that is not ready to change may not respond at all even if surrounded by completely accurate information. It feels helpful to me to not search too hard where nothing is moving, and instead find where understanding is ready to move and focus there.

@EternalForest

Can I go behind the curtain? Yes. 

(Go’s behind curtain)

Hey! There’s no curtain! 

-Becomes curtain-

Wtf? How’d I do that 

Can I go behind the curtain? Yes.

(Go’s behind curtain)

Oh yeah! That’s right!

The “curtain” is the finite mind. 

Can I become a curtain though, and see into other curtains? Yes.

You’d have to see what’s behind, what’s behind all the curtains.

However, reading minds is not as fun as you think it would be. 

Which is why you became the curtain that you became. 

Telepathy is best, felt. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm :o

Just had an awful conversation, wondered about it, read what you wrote and understand the whole time I was just thinking about how she was feeling, therefore the whole conversation felt awful. Cart before the horse. :S

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Nahm Oh my God, just stop, we already know you can reads minds already. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 hours ago, AaronB said:

The aspect of mind that is not ready to change may not respond at all even if surrounded by completely accurate information. It feels helpful to me to not search too hard where nothing is moving, and instead find where understanding is ready to move and focus there.

Yes, and interest is usually a good starting point in "finding where understanding is ready to move." (I like how you phrased that :))

As Rupert mentioned near the end of the second video:  do whatever you find to be the most interesting thing to you at this time.

On 3/23/2020 at 6:06 PM, EternalForest said:

Surely if I am you and you are me, I'd be able to read your mind. But I cannot, I can only recognize what's in my own mind. That's why the whole "You are God." thing doesn't resonate with me, because if I'm God I should have the power of God. But I don't, from my honest perspective I am a limited human, who sometimes receives creative inspiration from what some might call a "higher self". But from my point of view, I'm not in awareness or control of anyone else but myself, let alone God. Can anyone help me understand this?

You are trying to imagine trans-human using human imagination. It would be like a mouse trying to imagine being a human with it’s mouse mind imagination. 

You would need to transcend your current level of imagination to have a transcendent view.

Thinking up concepts is an anchor. All constructs of mind are parts within a greater whole. Much is missed by a mind immersed in it’s creation of thoughts, images, concepts and stories. 

@EternalForest The thing with you is that you are is still stuck in the ego-self. You still see a duality between you and your mind-imagined God. First of all delete the name God, it will help you a lot. Teotl was the best description for me. Please read Leo's blog post about Teotl. God is a word filled with dogma and fantasies. Btw you still need to work on your consciousness, more meditation practices will help you with it. It just takes time.

Mahadev