LfcCharlie4

30 Day Wim Hof Method Challenge

133 posts in this topic

Challenge completed!

I'll say what's different, but take it for what it is, it could be related to the breathing exercises / cold showers or not. I mean, how can you know for sure, right?

Before this started, I was having a persistent fungal overgrowth that had occurred as a result of taking antibiotics. It seems to have cleared up. Again, it could have just been the natural body response with time. But it's a relief.

Another thing, and this one I find hard to believe that it's not related, is that I'm sleeping less. Come midnight, I still have a lot of energy and it takes me a while to calm down, and I fall asleep around 1am, sometimes 2am. But I still wake up every day at the same time.

I might stop for a few days now and see what happens. Anyway, happy to have done it :)

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

I went back to Kriya Yoga I feel the pranyama spinal breathing exercises are a lot more powerful

@Dutch guy @andyjohnsonman

It is great that you know what excercises work for you. Wim hof method has til now increased the duration of my meditations, as my mind gets more relaxed after the breathing excercises and cold showers. Gotta stick with what works. 

“ In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few. ”
― Shunryu Suzuki

been doing cold showers for quite some time now.

Tip: Put on 3 songs you like on your phone, and you know that when those songs are over your cold shower is over. This way i've been doing 7-8 minute cold showers with minimal effort.

Also dancing to the songs is fun and makes the shower easier (make sure you dont slip, get an antislip mat). However the real Wim Hof cold shower way is without dancing, just standing in the shower and deep breathing.

2 minutes ago, FlowerNote said:

been doing cold showers for quite some time now.

Tip: Put on 3 songs you like on your phone, and you know that when those songs are over your cold shower is over. This way i've been doing 7-8 minute cold showers with minimal effort.

Also dancing to the songs is fun and makes the shower easier (make sure you dont slip, get an antislip mat). However the real Wim Hof cold shower way is without dancing, just standing in the shower and deep breathing.

Nice tip ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

I've done the breathing method for 5 days now and keep getting bursts of euthoria at random parts of the last 3 days which last for about an hour.

Could this be related to Wim Hof method? Does anyone else experience this only a few days in?

Another thing I also notice, is I also feel somewhat severe worry and depression, almost panic attack like symptoms and then a few hours later I feel very relaxed and at peace. Could this be some kind of purging?

I started his 30 day course on Insight Timer. I am about 12 days in, doing 2 rounds breathing and am up to 60 seconds cold shower (the shower increases each day by 5 seconds). 

The showers are getting easier. I feel as though my lung capacity has increased. Feeling happier. 

I do 10 minutes of Wim Hof breathing and 3 minutes of the cold shower every day starting from the time of starting this topic. 

It's amazing ^_^

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Day 22 completed today. 3 round of breathing and 110 seconds in the cold shower. Feeling a strong wave of muscular relaxation after about 20 seconds into the cold shower. I also feel quite blissful at times when I do the practice; it seems the deeper I breathe in, the more blissful I feel. 

I measured my blood pressure before and after doing to breathing and cold shower yesterday. My blood pressure slightly increased from an "optimal" level to "normal" which I found interesting (the levels were according to a guide which came with my portable machine). I don't yet understand how blood pressure works, but when I do I might do a longer trial (perhaps 10 days) if I see it to be worthwhile. 

Wim is a great influencer for many of us here... his teachings might sound simple, but if you continue the practice, there will come a click and you will realize what this is really about. He has changed my life.

Take his course... you can learn yogic superabilities the western way :D