LfcCharlie4

30 Day Wim Hof Method Challenge

133 posts in this topic

Day 3 much easier. 1 minute hot water 30 seconds cold 1 minute hot 30 seconds cold nice way of doing it.

second day 3x breathing cold shower extremities only - heat up phase wrapped in blanket, dozing off for some mins like after sauna. this time it took longer until the counter reaction of heat set in - still liking this the most.

Am I the only one that stands in the cold for like 15 minutes? o.O Maybe it's not the healthiest but I always feel supercharged after. 

18 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

Am I the only one that stands in the cold for like 15 minutes? o.O Maybe it's not the healthiest but I always feel supercharged after. 

its because probably your water doesn’t get cold enough - you’re not the only one xD

@remember Lol funny you say that cuz that's what I tell to everyone else. Showers go so cold here in Iceland during winter months it's physically impossible to stand under them in the coldest setting. And I've done Icebaths multiple times, I'd say it feels about three times as cold as an Icebath. 

So, no it's not that. :D I just really like standing there imagining myself turning into a popsicle. ?

@fridjonk well that sounds like you are already in the advanced level. its like if a kenyan stays in sauna for 45 minutes while doing some advanced sports and then going for a marathon like jogging wich also only takes him 45 mins. maybe like that.

by the way how many chili’s can you eat without crying?

3 minutes ago, remember said:

well that sounds like you are already in the advanced level. its like if a kenyan stays in sauna for 45 minutes while doing some advanced sports and then going for a marathon like jogging wich also only takes him 45 mins. maybe like that.

Spot on, well it's not like I find it easy by any means.  Since I'm already in there for 5 minutes, why not stay a little longer. ^_^

3 minutes ago, remember said:

by the way how many chili’s can you eat without crying?

Edited by fridjonk

31 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

sounds not like a number of direct experience. 

what sort of chili?

10 hours ago, dimitri said:

2020-03-26-121755_935x639.png

50 seconds O.o, you can't even get used to the water in 50 seconds . Try 5 minutes at least

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

its not about this - its about how it feels - if you want a challenge learn to do splits. :ph34r: 

that‘s something that would be a real challenge with a positive outcome which also makes some sense.

Edited by remember

1 hour ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

50 seconds O.o, you can't even get used to the water in 50 seconds . Try 5 minutes at least

Thanks for encouragement! 

Step by step, man. I haven't done cold showers for years, so I better start small.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@dimitri A good method that helps me ease in (easier than diving straight into cold shower out of bed or just sitting around for a while) is do them after breaking a sweat doing low to moderate intensity exercise in the morning. You will be nice and heated up and that initial shock isnt as bad, easy to keep deep breathing since you have already been breathing more intensely. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

4 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

@dimitri A good method that helps me ease in (easier than diving straight into cold shower out of bed or just sitting around for a while) is do them after breaking a sweat doing low to moderate intensity exercise in the morning. You will be nice and heated up and that initial shock isnt as bad, easy to keep deep breathing since you have already been breathing more intensely. 

Thanks for the tips! I usually do it at the end of hot shower.

1 minute today ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@TrynaBeTurquoise  Straight from good old Greenfield textbook, has he done any posts on Corona yet? 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Day 4. I've been feeling a lot of heat in my upper back throughout most of the day. Is it related in any way? 

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

third day, the feel was a little different each day - did 3x breathings and held the breath with exhalated lungs for 2:30 mins (record is around 9 mins, and 24 mins with pure oxygen inhalation - wonder how they do that) after the third round. full body cold shower today + heat up phase. the heat feels different if cold water was applied only at the feet and arms or concentrates also in the chest area.

@Gili Trawangan pretty sure it is because of the breathing especially - for me during the heat up phase i also today had especially heat in the upper body. in some sense you are doing cardio vascular training without doing sports for it. could be interesting to do some heart chakra meditation or yoga alongside, as it is also a physical activation of anahata.

Edited by remember

day 3 - 4 rounds breathing followed by jumping in the river for 1 minute wow that was quite the step up and i was so cold when i got out of the river that I had to do press ups to get my blood circulating

@andyjohnsonman amazing! xD

wondering where i would do that, but there is not really a place for that close by.

Edited by remember