electroBeam

Psychedelic drug = energy issues?

139 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

God is in love with himself, and wants to know more and more about himself. 

Its not about seeking, thats a human level trying to relieve suffering. Knowing more and more is about being attracted and drawn to yourself, not about relieving suffering or any human level seeking.

There's life beyond enlightenment m8. God can know himself for a million years or more.

So I would suggest you emulate God and know more about your ENTIRE self, include the parts you're running from.

But you don't need a drug to do so.  You just need to stop being afraid, and drop your resistance to what arises.

Enlightenment is simply what is, what you're resisting.  There is nothing beyond it, except in the mind.

Just cool stories.

3 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Haumea2018  I see your point.

How do you transcend the mind?

Also, the only reason I'm on the path is to become the greatest version of myself and be the BEST me I can be. If that means transcending the mind and stopping the seeking then I'm with you. But I also need to be discerning to make sure I don't get led astray on the path.

OK, let's do a thought experiment.

Think of everything you hate in your life right now.  Everything you think is not what it should be.

Now accept it. With 100% of your being.  Stop resisting it.

"But wouldn't that mean....?"

No, it wouldn't.

Accept it. Take the plunge.

@Haumea2018 Haven't you noticed yet that you ARE psychedelics?

Just like how when you fuck a woman, you're fucking yourself. When you take psychedelics, you're enlightening yourself? Psychedelics are part of the infinite imagination you've created. For yourself to experience it.

Taking psychedelics isn't running away from anything, its a beautiful, amazing strange loop. This whole you've got to do it yourself, is important to ensure you don't use external stuff to cling onto duality, but there's nothing dualistic about taking psychedelics. Its possible to see it as a non dual effort

49 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Leo Gura  That's not true. The drugs show you what's possible, then the question is how do you cultivate and embody the state without any condition. Unconditional love/being is the name of the game from here on. 

No, you are never, ever going to cultivate the level of consciousness of 5-MeO-DMT.

@Haumea2018 You are simply not Awake but acting like you are.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura  Come on Leo don't you see the error in what you're saying. It's spiritual ego, there are people who are ahead of us and they see the error in our state chasing. 

I just disagree, but we can agree to disagree.

5 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

there are people who are ahead of us and they see the error in our state chasing.

Those people are not Awake.

Anyone who tells you that Awakening is not a state, has never been truly Awake.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Would you see yourself as clear-light or "supermind", or even beyond that in integral theory? ^_^

@Leo Gura  I agree man trust me, that state you're talking about is the point of life from my view now I have no disagreements.

It's just for us how do we cultivate and embody. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Psychedelics are not about escaping the present. They are about accessing higher consciousness than humanly possible.

You will never, ever naturally access the kind of consciousness that 5-MeO-DMT can give you. Not even with 40 years of practice.

The nature of awareness is different.None psychedelic substance can give you what the practice is giving you and no practise can give you what psychedelics are giving you.Don't feel that psychedelics are the magic pill because they are not.Psychedelics are there to push your practises.What are you really looking for in your life?Psychedelic Awareness or the power of not having a choice.If you had experienced the second one then this would have been the answer for you. 

p.s. I love you

Edited by Crystalous
love

2 hours ago, Haumea2018 said:

@Raptorsin7 

I just want people to understand that enlightenment isn't a destination.  It's RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW if you drop the resistance.

Destination is in the mind, which is dualistic and projects a nonexistent future.  You don't have to do anything to get there, just understand you are ALREADY DOING SOMETHING TO BLOCK IT.

So slip into surrender.  Stop blocking it.

Very nice to meet u. I see a lot of wisdom in the knowledge that u are sharing.

I have a question:From my experience the mind is blocking itself and was blocking for all my life(24 years) until I start to be more present ,conscious and aware of the b* in my mind.

So to disidentify from those thoughts does take work no?

Thank u?

@Crystalous 

Wow “the power of not having a choice” hit me hard lol.

Can u expand pls?

Edited by Heaven

@Consilience  No it doesn't. It takes surrender to what is. There's emotional blockage that is preventing full surrender. The drugs just force the sink or swim into that surrender. I've gotten to the brink and not surrendered and just suffered the misery of a partial break through many times. 

Concentration isn't the limiting variable for me.

29 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Consilience  No it doesn't. It takes surrender to what is. There's emotional blockage that is preventing full surrender. The drugs just force the sink or swim into that surrender. I've gotten to the brink and not surrendered and just suffered the misery of a partial break through many times. 

Concentration isn't the limiting variable for me.

Can you sit for an hour straight without your attention jumping from thought to thought? A single hour. If no, your attention isnt in a position to fully integrate the existential truths psychedelics or contemplation reveal. Nevermind the fact that if you really want to embody this work, your attention needs to be hyper focused and present at all times, not just 1 hour on a meditation cushion.

For sure surrender is a component, but so is concentration. Dont be so quick to dismiss this. You should read my most recent post. 

But if you still disagree, more power to you my friend. 

3 hours ago, electroBeam said:

The biggest threat i see with psychedelics right now is forgetting to integrate them. Which could lead to dependency. And believing you need to do a dualistic thing (like taking a substance) to get non duality... which is fucked. I see that if you keep taking psychedelics without integration, the fact that its an external substance could trick yourself into clinging onto duality. You need to let the substance go and realise its imaginary and one. And truth is not coming from the substance but you. But this issue is also in meditation. Walking and sitting down in a particular pose to realise non duality? You've gotta let that dualistic idea of sitting in a pose go to realise oneness.

The prospect of clinging onto a physical substance for higher consciousness is extremely scary to me, it would sound like the most beautiful and destructive drug. 

It's sounds like the problem you can get with meditation, maybe multiplied over several times. I'll have to try psychedelics and see how they compare to meditation for me. 

That said, in spite of fear, whatever is the truth is the truth. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

26 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Consilience  What do you think of what @Haumea2018 wrote above?

It seems like you're just delaying the truth for the future WHEN your concentration is sufficient. 

I think what Haumea writes about is very important. Surrendering one’s resistance to what is really going on is a crucial step towards truth embodiment. Seeing through the duality of tripping and sobriety is super critical too. All resistance is ego. However surrender alone I have found to be unhelpful. There was a 6 month period of my spiritual and meditation journey where I was really focused on surrender. This was back when Winter Knight was around teaching about enlightenment. I never really got much out of it. 

The problem I faced was that my attention span was so unstable, I literally was in a constant state of monkey mind. The only times I felt conscious where on mushrooms or LSD. If I had just “surrendered” to monkey mind, Id still be stuck. Instead I recognized the issue and saw something needed to change.

Since then Ive been focused on attention stability, contemplation and still using psychedelics. The only significant change Ive made in my approach towards this work was a samatha based meditation practice, one focused on strengthening concentration. Not only has my tripping gotten significantly deeper, but my sober state of being is significantly “more conscious.” Having control over attention is like a super power in every single aspect of life, and Im still only scratching the surface of what super advanced focus is experienced as and capable of facilitating with consciousness work.

When I feel resistance arising, whether in meditation or life I do exactly as Haumea suggests, which is surrender to it more deeply. Or try my best. Eventually one will discover that true concentration is a surrendering to the present moment, however at my current baseline level of being, rarely is concentration experienced this way. Yet Ive had glimpses. Overall, surrender and concentration are two oscillating paths that converge into one road, which leads one towards God. This is my perspective. This is how Ive ever had awakenings on psychedelics or sober, deep surrender to being and a deep focus on being. 

@Consilience +1 dude exactly right. Surrender is just half the recipe. There's other key ingredients.

You find that when something (like surrender) is deeply useful and powerful, you tend to get extreme and just focus on that thing(like surrender) alone, because you think thats whats causing the results.

After some months, things go stale, and thats when you've exhausted that thing and look for something else. And the pattern continues.

Surrender, meditation, contemplation and energy management are all key ingredients, and there are more like psychedelics. Im up to meditation. I seriously need that in my path atm. Tried the rest, except psychedelics.

@electroBeam +1 back yes 100%! Combining multiple approaches is so crucial...

Good luck with your meditation dude. All I can say is be patient with getting results, but once you start building momentum, the snowball is real. 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Psychedelics are not about escaping the present. They are about accessing higher consciousness than humanly possible.

You will never, ever naturally access the kind of consciousness that 5-MeO-DMT can give you. Not even with 40 years of practice.

This is where you fall into your own trap ;)

B R E A T H E