isabel

what is the difference between a state of mind and being aware of being aware?

14 posts in this topic

how do you know if you are "being aware of being aware"?

I'm not experiencing no thoughts and I don't feel like I'm nothing, I don't get the sense that there is nobody there, like they say

but sometimes my thoughts slow down and seem very tiny and far away and there is a feeling of being content in my body, is that it or no?

If you are experiencing contentment, it's possible that you are being aware of being aware.  Contentment is one of the "qualities" of Awareness.

@isabel

Are you aware? If you are, then ask you self, who is it that knows you are aware? That is the one who is aware of awareness. Likely you have never really noticed this one, because it is always been so close to you your entire life, but, it is that one in which all of this has been arising in. 

Edited by Spaceofawareness

21 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

If you are experiencing contentment, it's possible that you are being aware of being aware.  Contentment is one of the "qualities" of Awareness.

yeah, I think I'm getting tangled up in the words, awareness has no qualities they say...yet I am definitely experiencing something it is not nothing but it is different from what I was before...thank you for your comment

9 hours ago, Spaceofawareness said:

@isabel

Are you aware? If you are, then ask you self, who is it that knows you are aware? That is the one who is aware of awareness. Likely you have never really noticed this one, because it is always been so close to you your entire life, but, it is that one in which all of this has been arising in. 

I am aware but I don't know who is aware - there is definitely something 

what is that feeling of peace in the body? 

that feeling comes and goes and they say awareness is always there, it does not come and go

wait, is that feeling of peace always there? and I'm just not always noticing it?

thank you!

isnt it hard to imagine that a biological creature could delevope this awareness we have now?

if I allow for an awarness to just exist.. i find that easier to imagine...

On 3/23/2020 at 3:35 PM, ryuzaki said:

isnt it hard to imagine that a biological creature could delevope this awareness we have now?

if I allow for an awarness to just exist.. i find that easier to imagine...

right, we don't have awareness we are in awareness or our body is and the awareness is what we really are...but still I don't see myself 

On 3/23/2020 at 3:40 PM, TylerJ said:

There is only one being aware. All states of mind fall into that one being of awareness.

I'm not that far yet, I'm still trying to know what awareness is I guess, I can only see other things, I can't see myself

@isabel it is my favorite topic ?

it is very very subtle, you need to take some effort to see that thing who is being aware, it is almost impossible. It comes prior to any thought and feeling. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

1 hour ago, isabel said:

I'm still trying to know what awareness is I guess

You can't know it,you can only be it,which, you already are. It's being "veiled" by the assumption,and/or belief,that you're this person (mind,body,name and form), and, it's associated conditioning. All of which have been superimposed upon what is essentially "you". The "body" is nothing but the food that has been gathered and consumed over time.No food and water= no body. What is called your mind (i.e. psychological mind), is nothing but the impressions (i.e. conditioning) you've gathered over time. So,what you think and identify as "you",is nothing more than the accumulations of food and impressions you've gathered over time,and superimposed on what is essentially and truly "you". Form, superimposed on what is fundamentally formless.
Being prior to body and mind,who are you?

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

If you are being aware of something, no matter how subtle, that's not it. Bring yourself back, there is yet another layer. Until there isn't... :)

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

On 3/24/2020 at 7:21 PM, Galyna said:

@isabel it is my favorite topic ?

it is very very subtle, you need to take some effort to see that thing who is being aware, it is almost impossible. It comes prior to any thought and feeling. 

it's my favorite topic too, I will continue my effort, thank you!

On 3/24/2020 at 7:48 PM, Guru Fat Bastard said:

You can't know it,you can only be it,which, you already are. It's being "veiled" by the assumption,and/or belief,that you're this person (mind,body,name and form), and, it's associated conditioning. All of which have been superimposed upon what is essentially "you". The "body" is nothing but the food that has been gathered and consumed over time.No food and water= no body. What is called your mind (i.e. psychological mind), is nothing but the impressions (i.e. conditioning) you've gathered over time. So,what you think and identify as "you",is nothing more than the accumulations of food and impressions you've gathered over time,and superimposed on what is essentially and truly "you". Form, superimposed on what is fundamentally formless.
Being prior to body and mind,who are you?

prior to, okay, thank you!

On 3/24/2020 at 7:50 PM, Gili Trawangan said:

If you are being aware of something, no matter how subtle, that's not it. Bring yourself back, there is yet another layer. Until there isn't... :)

yeah, that's what I thought they were saying, so far I am only "aware of" but I am beneath one of the first layers (I think) and this is amazing, I will keep going back, thank you!