billiesimon

What are the DEEPEST meditation techniques and tricks?

13 posts in this topic

I've practiced meditation for a year and three months now, precisely mindfulness meditation (without labeling), in my personal variation, which is:

I sit, I let the initial monkey mind subside.

Then I concentrate on the silent gaps without thoughts and ACTIVELY try to focus on them. This generally stops A LOT of thoughts, so I actually use a proactive form of meditation to intentionally avoid thoughts.

And it works, I have had several moments of trance and even partial loss of time/space feelings.

But I want to find out a very powerful trick/method to go EASILY into deep trance, deep loss of time/space/ego, in a normal meditation session.

What techniques, music, settings etc do you suggest?

Edited by billiesimon

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

I'd personally recommend Kriya Yoga or Kundalini Yoga. They will take you deeper in a year than normal meditation ever would because you're involving the body-mind connection that's very vital. Also, shamanic breathing will take you into a deep trance. 

12 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

I'd personally recommend Kriya Yoga or Kundalini Yoga. They will take you deeper in a year than normal meditation ever would because you're involving the body-mind connection that's very vital. Also, shamanic breathing will take you into a deep trance. 

Thanks! 
I've tried Kriya a year ago, but some techniques are really complicated.

I'm going to try shamanic breathing!

Inquire in the now.

30 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

@billiesimon Shamanic breathing is most definitely the fastest way to the states you were asking for. 

You don't have to complicate Kriya Yoga too much when you're beginning btw.

Check out this awesome playlist that has helped me very much.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNm7Qr3wNOAFFFgN90Uz1KkZGl-cspwzo

Amazing compilation :o thanks!

Inquire in the now.

Check out Tantric techniques by Osho. Some deep stuff there.

HRV- Heart Rate Variability Breathing, will take you deep pretty quickly.
You enter HRV when your in/out breath's are less than 6 breaths per minute(bpm). It's not hard. All you have to do is make the out breath slightly longer than the in breath. For example, breathe in fully for a count of 4, and breathe out for a count of 6. Make sure there are no pauses on the in and out breath. Keep the breath fluid.
First sign,and good marker you are in HRV , is the hands will get "hot and heavy",another sign is tingling or slight numbness in the bottom lip. Also a "tingling" in the spine which is the dorsal vagal nerve. In fact, HRV is directly stimulating the dorsal vagal nerve.In Kriya yoga it is called the sushumna.  As you continue over several minutes, and as a result of "entering the sushumna/DVN, "great bliss" or joy will manifest.
As you continue more, the breath will become very subtle to the point of almost stopping. This has been called "the breathless state" or "the tranquil breath". At this point you're in a very deep state,but fully aware. You may also lose consciousness of the body as the senses have been drawn within and are no longer outward going.

If you want more info,I would highly recommend checking out this program  4th Phase - Tranquil Breath. It was developed by a Kriya Yogi and I can verify he definitely knows what he's talking about.  He teaches the basic HRV breathing on his  YT channel, but the "Trainquil Breath"  program goes more in depth and adds a couple of important practices not shown on the channel.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

Strong Determination Sitting for 1 Hour straight every day (Or on some days making an intensive). But you have be willing to suffer. For me personally this method is really effective to calm your mind. Because you are forced to do so ;)
But its only my experience. For other people it could be not effective.

This for me has been the best technique for deeper sitting. It's Heart rate variability and is best placed before any meditation avenue.

Heart rate variability is just lowering heart rate which has a calming effect on body and mellowed thoughts and feeling.

Gets me comfortable and easy with in myself for meditation.

Edited by Pacific Sage

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Read the book “The Mind Illuminated” and start practicing a samatha based meditation approach. Until you have an extremely stable attention span, you will be limiting (perhaps greatly limiting) the effectiveness of meditation. 

Thanks for the HRV suggestions, I'm gonna try it this week!

Thanks for the other advices too :) 

Inquire in the now.