kindayellow

Distraction a good method against rumination?

7 posts in this topic

Okay so I tend to ruminate a lot, especially at work, and obviously it has a negative effect on my life. This past week however, I've distracted myself in work by being more engaged in my work, so I've ruminated less. The effect of this has been great for me so far, I used to often get tension headaches but as of the last week I've had none.

My only concern is that, my solution is distraction, sure it depends what the distraction is I guess but I just don't know how sustainable this is long term, plus I don't want to ignore my thoughts.

Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown, ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.

“All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone.”

Distraction is the easy way out - and avoidance of growth. Face your demons. 

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

@Eph75 my rumination is all work related, it's all about not wanting to be in work, I am looking for new work, in what way is thoughts about how much I dislike my current workplace help to me?

Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown, ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.

@kindayellow

What is your dream for this life, of which the infinitude of feeling & relativity of thought are realized to be the creative experiential traction of?   

Are you making proper use of that which you are calling ‘dis-traction’?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@kindayellow No, being alone with your thoughts should not be equivalent to setting yourself on fire, tearing your world apart. The inability to be alone with our thoughts in a healthy manner is what sets our world on fire. Distraction is the defense mechanism that prevents us, in our unhealthy state of being, from setting ourselves "on fire". 

What if being alone and in equinimity with thoughts is the way to go? And how do you get there? What ideas are there that needs to be let go of that is acting as fuel to your ruminations? 

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

46 minutes ago, Chintan desai said:

@kindayellow distraction is ignorance, "in the age of knowledge, ignorance is crime"

this is ignorance.