Spiral Wizard

Sadhguru is such an OG

89 posts in this topic

@fridjonk

Leo's teachings are very unique in that aspect of understanding the God machine. Leo is like a pure metaphysician. A scientist for consciousness. And the others are applied metaphysicians. 

Yeah, I'm in a bind atm because I feel like you learn more from listening to the energies of your wardrobe about enlightenment then you do watching videos hahaha. 1 vs 1 teaching is super nice especially with Nahm.

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is false

You can be more wake than anyone who's ever taught.

Awake as in, more conscious of reality, or has embodied the ox more than others, or both?

Is it possible to have a physical avatar and be more awake than anyone whose ever taught? Sounds like you need to be a dmt machine elf to be more awake than anyone whose ever taught. Like what the yogis say about when you awaken you leave your body or whatever.

Edited by electroBeam

8 minutes ago, DLH said:

it is up to you/us to discriminate using critical thinking to accept only that what resonates with you/our current thoughts, ideas, and beliefs.

As soon as you think about it you are beliving it, make it a concept. Direct experience of not-knowing is what truly gives truthful insights. If there is a "YOU" who's critically thinking and analyzing a thought, then it is not the Truth, it's logical thinking, yet it also is True because reality is one.  

3 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Yeah, I'm in a bind atm because I feel like you learn more from listening to the energies of your wardrobe about enlightenment then you do watching videos hahaha. 1 vs 1 teaching is super nice especially with Nahm.

Hehehe right. 

32 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@ajasatya this is kind of my point, some have simply realised the truth of their own being more deeply than others, you can’t be more awake than anyone!

@electroBeam Yeah maybe I am, my point is that, similar to you, I just wonder if the constant state chasing makes you more awake. If you want to explore consciousness and this dream, go for it, but realising your nature of your being and Self-Relalization is more what I’m interested in :) 

Having curiosity for understanding God, and being drawn to integrating a non dual perspective into every day life(living in bliss, peace and this sense of completeness and this sense of satisfaction and love and just basking in it, like basking in a pool on a hot day) are definitely 2 distinct drives. If you've got a drive for the latter, its actually possible to go beyond all of what you are drawn to, and go deeper. The question is, do you want to. 

Not saying Leo doesn't have whatever you wrote before, inflation or whatever. Its totally possible for someone to go deep into the former without the embodiment of the latter(which i guess would be a form of inflation). But its not like if you have a deep sense of curiosity and are drawn to going beyond that completeness and bliss that you're deluded. You're just different and expressing a different Self. This is how amazing This is.

41 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

some have simply realised the truth of their own being more deeply than others, you can’t be more awake than anyone!

That's an incongruity. 

5 hours ago, fridjonk said:

As soon as you think about it you are beliving it, make it a concept. Direct experience of not-knowing is what truly gives truthful insights. If there is a "YOU" who's critically thinking and analyzing a thought, then it is not the Truth, it's logical thinking, yet it also is True because reality is one.  

I hear what you are saying.  You could also say that all of God’s creations in the everything was created with one thought, which then combined many thoughts, which created an idea, which created more ideas, which created imagination, which created infinite dream states, which created physical realities from those dream states, which created "Beings" with a narrowed focus of thoughts, ideas, imaginations, beliefs, and feelings that perceive (in our reality) with there 5, or possible 6 senses to create a reality here in this physical dream on Earth.  We create our reality with thoughts, ideas, imagination, beliefs etc., they are from consciousness, and you and I become what thoughts etc., you focus on.  The critical thinking is used to decide where you want to focus your attention on; discriminating, disregarding, letting go of that which does not serve your journey towards consciousness, or suffering.  A thought does not create a belief. It is just one step in the process to a belief. Where you focus most of your attention is what becomes a belief and reality.

Edited by DLH

@fridjonk No, what I’m trying to say is everyone is The Absolute/ God/ The Self, whatever you want to call it, some are simply more conscious of this than others. No “individual” can be more awake, as there is no person who is enlightened, if you still think you’re an enlightened person, you’re not a Self-Realised, that’s what I’m trying to say. 

Majority of teachers say this, the ones that say “I’m more awake than everyone else” e.g. Bentino Massano, have been known to be running a cult like Organization and commit sexual abuse, as by saying I’m so enlightened, you are making yourself superior. True awakening humbles you more than anything. 

im of course not saying there isn’t depth to awakening, of course there is, I’m just saying be wary of someone screaming they’re the most awake being of all time, when 1000s of masters over the ages have also warned against this, that’s all. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 If there is no individual who's more awake than another, how can there be an individual who's more conscious than another? 

Deep selflessness sometimes appears as deep selfishness. One who is deeply deeply awakened can talk about how they are better at loads of things than you. This either requires a huge ego or no ego whatsoever...the only reason someone wouldn't want to say that they are better than you at a list of things (if they actually are), would be because they care how their going to look after saying it. Someone who is really selfless won't care. They'll say things that they know will sound proud, and not care anyway...because of how selfless they are. This is leo down to a T. I can see that he just doesent give a fuck lol. Absolutely selfless. He knows that he will look incredibly proud saying (true) things like, he is more awakened than anyone else...and the funny thing is, him saying this actually proves that he is probably right! He knows he will look proud saying these truths, and he still cares more about us receiving the truth than he does about how he looks! He's selfless as fuck lol. I will hopefully be as selfless as leo some day. I'm already pretty humble, but I have a real gifting for this work it would appear. So I can't wait to continue to grow and I will also look proud doing so ?

Edited by Aaron p

I am a spiritual being having a human experience, with all my flaws, and take full ownership of who and what I am. Having said that, and this may come across the wrong way with some of you, but believe me what I am about say comes from a place of Love and Compassion. So out of respect to everyone here, some of you may want to check out some of the definitions of narcissistic tendencies etc.  Not saying anyone here has any of those tendencies, but these psychological conditions are also a part of the very fabric of the collective consciousness, and we are all vulnerable to them and can easily fall into those pitfalls when we project our “Self importance” or those of others. Just take a look of what is happening around the world and Politics! That is why shadow work is so extremely important.  

Just sharing some thoughts, ideas, and beliefs!

Edited by DLH

@fridjonk When did I say there was? 

If you’re referring to the LOC map that is just that a Map, that shows depths of awakening, and points out beings who have realised this deeply. (PS if you want to go down that route I’ve been speaking with several awakened beings who wouldn’t even regard Leo as in Non-Duality, hence why I doubt he’s the most awakened being of all time?) 

I know how it sounds though. 

Rupert says is bette than this vessel can ;) 

https://non-duality.rupertspira.com/read/who_awakens

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

4 hours ago, Gili Trawangan said:

Wtf is an OG? Are we all supposed to know what that means? 

OG always meant own goal to me. In football terms (or soccer). So I don't know how Sadhguru has scored an own goal? Unless he has done a Mooji type own goal with female followers. No idea. 

There is no need to follow someone even if the mind wants one. 

Sadhguru is in no way awake. He has his own brand that is all. He is involved in a lot of controversies in India. 

Not all Indians are supportive of him. A lot of Indians don't like him. 

Like me. I don't like him. Although I like only some of his teachings, I don't worship him. 

I don't see any need in holding someone as a spiritual messiah. 

You actualising yourself everyday, you become a good person everyday, you growing in unconditional love every day, that in my opinion is better than following any man on earth. Because they are not perfect. They are as much as fallible as the rest of us. 

I won't put a human being on a pedestal no matter how awoke or enlightened that person is considered. 

I believe each and everyone has a unique journey towards spiritual fulfillment and I think that eventually through their spiritual journeys come to one conclusion

... And that is... 

UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

You should never worship anyone.

Speaking of careful. Be careful to make definitive statements. It assumes knowing and the one thing we can know is that we can never really know anything. 

I have no opinions about Sadhguru btw. 

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

2 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

When did I say there was? 

5 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

No, what I’m trying to say is everyone is The Absolute/ God/ The Self, whatever you want to call it, some are simply more conscious of this than others. No “individual” can be more awake, as there is no person who is enlightened, if you still think you’re an enlightened person, you’re not a Self-Realised, that’s what I’m trying to say.  Who is it that is more conscious of that,  If there is nobody to be awake?

2 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

(PS if you want to go down that route I’ve been speaking with several awakened beings who wouldn’t even regard Leo as in Non-Duality, hence why I doubt he’s the most awakened being of all time?) 

So you take their word for it? Are you aware you are imagining those awakened people, then you project your authority onto them, why would they be correct or have any authority on judging who is the most awakened being of all time?  Fame and recognition have nothing to do with how awake a person is. They are also probably biased towards psychedelics. Just because they are your awakened buddies does not make them correct. 

Are you aware that you might be biased? Are you aware that you imagine all of reality? Are you aware that you are very early on your journey, and still project authority onto other awakened people and teachers as if they know shit, when a direct experience is the only thing that counts?  

OK, I think there is real confusion on this forum about what being "awake" entails.

Leo keeps insisting that it has to do with what appears to be a certain metaphysical understanding/knowledge -- which is basically "a story" - concepts.

But that is his opinion, his idiosyncratic definition.  As far as I know no other reknowned spiritual teacher agrees with that.  They all point to realizing The Self, or The Absolute.

So you have a choice at this point: either Leo is right and everyone else is wrong, or Leo is wrong, that he has a skewed understanding of what being awakened is.

How many other spiritual teachers have claimed supremacy in being awake?

How would one know such a thing - because of certain assumptions about what others know?

Is Leo psychic, or is he making some unwarranted inferences based on what he thinks others should have been teaching were they as "awake"?

Ultimately, this boils down to Leo's "because I say so."

There's no way to crosscheck it with other independent sources.

What would a reasonable person conclude, presented with such a stark choice?

@fridjonk No, it was actually me that brought up the conversation as I suspected for a while that Leo wasnt, I’m not doubting he’s had awakenings on these trips, but that’s very different to abiding as The Self. 

Plus I’m not talking about the most awakened being of all time, I’m merely saying Leo isn’t, I don’t really see a need for a “most awakened being of all time” like I said there’s simply those that have recognised the truth of their own being, awareness becoming aware of itself. And, I never said it mattered or had authority, and I am not saying they have anymore authority, I am just saying what we discussed, you’re free to disagree with me, it’s up to you what teacher resonates with you, I’m just sharing what I think about this. And, sorry Leo doesn’t come across at all as the most awake being of all time lol. 

Yes, I am aware I’m biased to what helped me awaken, I am aware that all of reality is simply imagined and a dream, and is simply The Self, and yes I am aware I am very early in integration work and have a lot of integration work to do.

Just to be clear I only link teachers to reflect my direct experience, maybe I should stop but I just feel since they are more experienced in verbalising these teachings they can often say things better than me, not as a means of giving away authority. There’s a reason I only usually link teachers such as Rupert, Francis, Ramaji, Ramana etc as these are Self-Realized beings, not simply awake. 

And, yes of course the 2 images you presented are equally beautiful absolutely speaking, I see what you tried to do there of course ? 

And, just to be clear I have ZERO problem against Leo at all, and I have repeatedly praised many aspects of his work, I am merely pointing out the issues I can see arising and why I don’t think he’s as awakened as he says he is, sorry. And, like I said, if you believe he is, that’s up to you. 

And to your highlighted point, it is simply Consciousness becoming aware of itself and waking up to its own being. 

@Haumea2018 I've had awakenings that match his descriptions. And it's not like he's saying something other than other teachers and masters. In fact, he's saying the exact same thing they are saying....AND MORE. 

7 minutes ago, Haumea2018 said:

that he has a skewed understanding of what being awakened is.

No, what he's basically saying is, awakening of the false ego-self is not the rock-bottom of reality. Understanding goes deeper! 

8 minutes ago, Haumea2018 said:

As far as I know no other reknowned spiritual teacher agrees with that.  They all point to realizing The Self, or The Absolute.

Because they are biased towards psychedelics! give Rupert Spira or Eckhart Tolle some 5-MeO and they will shit themselves and scream rolling on the floor.  

@LfcCharlie4 Are you open to the possibility that understanding goes deeper than you and others that have awakened to the true self are aware of?