Extreme Z7

Ignorant Youtuber thinks Actualized.org is a cult

64 posts in this topic

Looks like this kids whole shtick is to call out and criticize others with every video he makes. Not surprising he is ignorant, he's just trying to get views and isn't concerned with being open minded or actually spending time to investigate, besides the fact he was cherrypicking statements and taking Leos words totally out of context. Its an easy way to get a popular channel, those one sided criticism videos, because people feed off that negative energy. Youtube equivalent of selling your soul. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@TrynaBeTurquoise It's amazing how Leo actually predicted all of this - I recall Leo saying in a video maybe a year ago that "the devil will always twist things around, calling right as wrong, up as down, black as white"

I never really understood that fully. A part of me was still like, "How could you possibly convince yourself [and others] that black is literally white?"

Well, here we are. It's funny, I actually learned something super interesting B|

It's Love.

10 hours ago, sleeperstakes said:

The air of "spiritual superiority" was something that was picked up on in that video that can sometimes be present in Leo's videos is something that could understandably make someone think that this community is a cult. Even if it's not intentional, i can see how this would come across as obnoxious to an onlooker.

Your average normie doesn't see just "an air of spiritual superiority".

To them, this is an insane self-help guru who pushes harmful illegal drugs to the public.

They don't just disagree with his approach to Awakening, to them Awakening is not real.

Edited by Extreme Z7

You guys are silly to be surprised. Leo talks about how we're immortal and that life doesn't exist. If the mainstream actually dissected his videos, they might bring back witch-burning just for him haha.

This is actually a pretty good review from what seems to be a typical 20-year-old millennial. I liked it. 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

@LordFall Yes.

Furthermore, there is a significant level of amusement in all of this, the trick is it see through and beyond the packaging and not allow it to lead you astray; the content of the review, the content in this thread, the content of the minds at play, the content of your mind.

It's all a big joke. Existence that is, so why not surrender and join in with the laughter?

But also this thread is what can be expected from the typical [replace with description of self].

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

Of course they do, and there is nothing "wrong" with that. If you don't follow along with something or thoroughly immerse yourself in it of course you're going to judge it by it's surface appearances and project all your own biases and interpretations on it.

If I didn't first discover Leo in 2014 and stumbled into him now I would think he's bat shit crazy. You probably would too.

Don't give into the urge and feel like you have to go and defend Actualized.Org and that all those people are "just ignorant".

If you do that you'll just feed their narrative and you're missing the true point of the work here.

hrhrhtewgfegege

I've always wondered why most youtubers seem to come from the US. The US is not the spiritual capital of the world (India is) yet its the place that talks about spirituality the most. Is it a cultural norm over there to talk about everything you see?

What's interesting with that speaker, is he's calling Leo a cult, because he is rejecting materialism. In his definition of a cult, you could say materialism is a cult, and he is criticising Leo as 'being a cult' precisely because Leo is rejecting the cult that he belongs to. See how sneaky that it. When in a 'cult', or more correctly, a doctrine for too long, you forget its a doctrine, mistake it as real, and then literally flip the truth with falsehood and think the truth is the doctrine, rather than the truth. 

Edited by electroBeam

for my perception he‘s getting leos teachings pretty nice across. in some sense its ending with a question. he can only do that because he’s criticizing leo, which then in a sense criticises himself. the game for subscribers always creates some kind of personal cult, even though denying it does not make this rule less valid.

I've actually seeked out a proper commentary channel doing this exact video for years just for the hell of it lol I have no idea why someone else didn't do it first.

Pretty much what I expected though, basically spirituality = cult and drugs = illegal for ten minutes straight. I mean I don't blame him, first time I heard about enlightenment, unconditonal happiness etc it took me weeks to come to peace with the idea that it could be possible and the implications for my life. I've always been pretty openminded and interested in weird novel ideas at that.

I feel like what commentary channels do is that they act as a charismatic mouthpiece for a cultural status quo and people sharing those values come to the channel to get thier emotional responses validated. People never really go into these videos expecting to change their minds on anything as much as they just want to feel safe. Meanwhile I feel like the function of Actualized is just challenging your beliefs which would be the exact opposite.

I get the sense that people attracted to to the commentary format and the kind of selfassuring critisism are people that are anxious and really want some consistensy in life so they maybe even need this to keep functioning properly. 

(ps, not trying to say that I'm above the commentary style, I feel stuff like Kurtis Conner making fun of cheesy Instagram entrepreneurs or Country boys om tiktok can be hilarious, but I really try to remember not to throw the baby out with the bathwater while watching that stuff.)

13 hours ago, LordFall said:

You guys are silly to be surprised. Leo talks about how we're immortal and that life doesn't exist. If the mainstream actually dissected his videos, they might bring back witch-burning just for him haha.

This is actually a pretty good review from what seems to be a typical 20-year-old millennial. I liked it. 

When you use that type of language it seems shocking yes. Its so layered and nuanced that "we're immortal" and "life doesn't exist" are accurate in a certain sense but false in another. In another sense, we are mortal (referring to our ego/body/mind) we are all going to die, and life does exist, because existence and non existence are the exact same thing. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

When I was younger I used to hypothesize that Leo was some kind of Academic scientist, and his videos were some kind of experiment on the suggestibility of the human mind.

This is why I like the Zen approach. Don't talk about realizations, instead point to them.

Also: A few hundred years ago Leo and many of us would have been burned at the stake, now we get this. We can be very grateful. :D

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

Damn this guy i the typical youtuber with big ego who wants to judge and hive his opinions about everything. The dude is trapped in a so low stage plus narcissism+materialist issues that is not ready to understand Leo's concepts. Yet he is scared with the recent edgy dogmatic style that Leo adopted ultimately. Leo told himself that he was in hard-mode purging the community of trolls and other who werent ready or didnt do the job of meditating and self actualizing.

lol I just realized 4:23 he says 5-meo has high potential for abuse xD

If we are being honest though this channel does have some cult like features and it does have a lot of potential turn into a cult. I mean there are cults everywhere without people noticing they are cults. lol culture is one giant cult. 

Maybe I should show this guy what below Stage Beige ;) 

Or maybe Tier 2 and how it fits in with mars xD 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

12 hours ago, whatishappeningtome said:

Over 120K views now- I hope this does not get out of hand. 

That's fairly standard for that kind of channel. It's probably going to reach over 200K at most.

Not exactly nothing but it's not very significant either.

I'll probably only really start to get worried if it exceeds 500K.

Ow0

TiMe TYoUKnIGHt!

but seriously, if someone grows as fast as Leo or faster this will definitely not be a cult because they'll regulate it more

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~!