Extreme Z7

Ignorant Youtuber thinks Actualized.org is a cult

64 posts in this topic

Well. . . it was inevitable. :D

You can just tell that this guy IS REALLY STUCK and very closed-minded.

Looks like @Leo Gura will have a fun surprise when he gets back from his leave.

Edited by Extreme Z7

It takes every ounce of self control in me to NOT write a wall of text in his comment section.

Ignorance isn't bliss 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

@SamueLSD I wrote a couple of comments. Both of them were pretty short, though.

If I encountered this video a few years ago, I would have been far more immature and would have written a novel.

I watched the video (lost 10 minutes of my day) and don't see how or why it matters. It's a kid making a video with a few jokes that aren't funny.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

@Gili Trawangan  Funnily enough, I was subbed to him for a while because of a video he made a while back though I barely watched any of his vids.

He has one of those Stage Orange topical commentary/influencer type channels that sorta tends to be 'apolitical'.

I agree, he's not funny. Nor does he really put much effort into research. He doesn't even know what a 'cult' is.

Edited by Extreme Z7

Just glimped over the video. Doesnt seem to much out of touch. 

He is just seeing how Leo is dismissive towards some in this community and how he is advocating 5meo-DMT.

Actually Leo himself said that actualized.org has many similarities to the beginning of a cult/religion. Its towards the end of this video

When you watch that video you will also see how actualized.org is not a cult.

11 minutes ago, universe said:

Just glimped over the video. Doesnt seem to much out of touch. 

He is just seeing how Leo is dismissive towards some in this community and how he is advocating 5meo-DMT.

Those aren't necessarily bad things. The rules say this isn't an anything-goes free speech zone and he's advocating for a revolutionary drug that could potentially benefit humanity (allegedly).

The fact that this video is angers me is clearly an issue that I need to address

I have seen a few of his videos before. The video he did on Jay Shetty comes to my mind. He has a few points but he is mostly ignorant. He doesn't know what he is talking about.

You like Leos videos, nothing wrong with that, notice that when someone attacks that you because of that you get upset, thats just how the ego works, doesnt mean that Leos videos are bad, whatever you hold dear you will defend, no matter if its a rubber duck or a religion. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

11 minutes ago, Shiva said:

I think he is putting things out of context and deliberately misinterpreting Leo's teachings.
. . .
What do we learn from that? - Don't listen to kids on the internet who try to make money at the expense of other people and spreading misinformation.

Yeah, it's also in order to make a YouTube video he can get himself more success off of (ironically sponsored by an educational website). Part of this is simply devilry.

Oh hey that’s me! Lol. Glad it’s going mainstream. More people need to know about the cult.

He is being idiotic and ignorant. 

He knows nothing. 

Leo is a great guy and way above this ignorance. 

For this guy, it will take a million years to reach the level of Leo. 

I guess some people are plain jealous. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Neither perspective would exist if they didn't resist each other. Something something Kumbaya? Wait is that cultish? 

Mmm balance.