Raptorsin7

Feel Good Practices

13 posts in this topic

What practices do you do that produce good feeling?

I'm trying to cultivate feelings of joy, bliss, appreciation, gratitude etc but i'm having trouble. 

I find simple meditation on the feeling of being me isn't enough to get me bliss and joy, are there are specific meditation practices that can generate these high tier feelings?

Any other thoughts on how to feel better?

100% loving kindness, when you get enough skill it's like taking a microdose of MDMA. Do it enough and microdose will be an understatement lol. Definitely a practice you want in your toolkit whilst tripping that's for damn sure aha.

Presence/ do nothing — how relaxed are you in every activity/situation/experience?
They say we perform our best when there’s no pressure/expectation 

I just use the insight timer app for my meditations, there's heaps there for you to see what resonates most with you. I'm just doing guided ones at the moment, but either are fine. It's a very simple practice; you just bring to mind someone you love, perhaps recall a memory of feeling love and compassion, and by focussing it you kindle it more and more and send it to others with statements such as "may you be well, may you be happy, may you be peaceful and at ease". Eventually you can try and expand to yourself, strangers, and even enemies. 

Just be warned though it's really difficult at the start, many people even cry the first few times they do it, takes a lot of focus and commitment but so worth it; pairs fantastically with mindfulness. IMO it can curb a lot of the side effects people might get from this path such as nihilism. 

pushing your comfort zone (Facing fears) is probably the most underrated/overlooked feel good practices lol 

Sit down and imagine most joyful/happy/gratitude etc situation u had and be with it for sometime.

Or imagine a future situation where you will be joyful/happy/gratitude etc and be with it for sometime. Now let go.

Take a break from everything and watch the inner silence be with it for a moment fully embrace it and create happiness forcefully.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Loving Kindness Meditation

Wim Hof Method- 

Gratitude Journal

Do things you enjoy- Sports, Exercise, Gaming, read - Life is to be ENJOYED, go and have FUN :)

Awaken to love ;) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

10 hours ago, Nahm said:

Playing guitar & singing for no one at the moment, and it appears to be working.

Confirmed ?

Hint: you can sing with some cute sounding girl in Smule app for free ?

Edited by dimitri

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Find something to love, love it intensely. The ripple you send out into the universe is the ripple of energy you receive back. You are the creator, the universe is your projection, your reflection, your playground. The more you love, the more blissful you will feel.

B R E A T H E