Anirban657

Confused about what to sell and whom to sell

7 posts in this topic

I have been blogging for a year now. And I haven't been getting much traffic. 2 months ago I thought about creating a course on Mental Health. I planned the course and started writing and shooting videos. When I completed Module 1, I published it on my website to see if people will buy the whole course. No one is buying. 

The course is 100INR(1.35USD). And it's one module on controlling our emotions. 

I don't know what people are willing to pay for. I have 40 people in my email list but they hardly click on my email links. I asked on facebook recently what would they like me to create content on. One person answered but the answer was vague and abstract.'

I have no idea what to sell and whom to sell. 

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

It likely has nothing to do with the quality or how your are presenting your product, but you can show me what it looks like in PM if you want. I could share my opinion on it. But most likely it is just due to not having enough traffic. The people following and watching might just enjoy your free content and without many more you might just not have a person willing to buy. 

I have seen a big decline in the popularity in blogs, but that is not to say that you cannot make a popular one. I would see if you can start bringing in traffic from social media and other avenues where it could be easy to share your blog. If you are making some videos, then consider making some youtube videos that direct to your blog as well. 

Also, work on using keywords and such in your blog with https://trends.google.com/trends/?geo=US

By finding hot search terms it will help your blog become more discovered directly through search. 

8 hours ago, Average Investor said:

It likely has nothing to do with the quality or how your are presenting your product, but you can show me what it looks like in PM if you want. I could share my opinion on it. But most likely it is just due to not having enough traffic. The people following and watching might just enjoy your free content and without many more you might just not have a person willing to buy. 

I have seen a big decline in the popularity in blogs, but that is not to say that you cannot make a popular one. I would see if you can start bringing in traffic from social media and other avenues where it could be easy to share your blog. If you are making some videos, then consider making some youtube videos that direct to your blog as well. 

Also, work on using keywords and such in your blog with https://trends.google.com/trends/?geo=US

By finding hot search terms it will help your blog become more discovered directly through search. 

@Average Investor Thanks! I have been sharing my blog post on social media and on my facebook page. I have like 64 followers on my facebook page and I don't get much traffic from that. Maybe 1 person visits my blog and comments once in a while and that's about it. 

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

3 hours ago, Anirban657 said:

@Average Investor Thanks! I have been sharing my blog post on social media and on my facebook page. I have like 64 followers on my facebook page and I don't get much traffic from that. Maybe 1 person visits my blog and comments once in a while and that's about it. 

It's not how it works, bro. You need to show it where a substantial amount of people can see it. Probably close to noone watches your facebook page, hence, this is why you don't get any traffic\results. At least it is one of the reasons.

You need to think of your target audience, how exactly your product benefits them (it should benefit them a lot) and where these people are hanging out. Then you go there and market the shit out of your product focusing on volume of your outreach.

Then you collect the feedback from the market and you optimize your offering\product\messaging and other stuff. This is how it's done.

Edited by Hello from Russia

Immediately I wonder: Why are you an authority on mental health? Why should I listen to you? Why should I pay you?

These questions aren't meant to beat you down, or to make you feel unqualified.

Here's a secret about authority... it's an illusion. If people perceive you as an authority, BAM. You literally become one.

On the flip side, if people don't perceive you as an authority, who the hell are you?

So maybe the initial question is better phrased as something like, "What are you doing to give off the perception of authority?"

The reason authority is so critical is because nobody wants to invest their hard earned money into information on the internet cooked up by "a random nobody."

Even if you have the highest wisdom in the universe in neat little packages, as long as you appear to be "a random nobody," you'll only hear crickets.

It's Love.

you're forcing yourself to gain money, that won't work!

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

I think online right now the click through rate for facebook ads is like 1 out of every 200 people

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"