Globalcollective

Combined meditation to fight the virus

23 posts in this topic

Dose everyone on this forum want to do a combined daily Metta Bhavana meditation for the people who are ill with the virus? Metta Bhavana is basically where you actively send kind thoughts to someone or something. Thoughts of love and healing. If the whole world got together and started doing this for the sick atm maybe we could start to defeat the virus quicker. 

ideally it would be a good idea if we could all do this at the same time but because we all live in different countries it might be difficult to do this so might be best to do it based on region. How is 9:30am for everyone? 

Tips on metta, I always find it good to do some meditation before hand so I am in a good state of mind before sending the positive vibrations. 

Also might also be a good idea to create some kind of loose script for it regarding the virus. 

What is everyones thoughts?

Edit: Forgot to mention Im doing this anyway with a group of people so would be great for as many people to take part as poss. 

Edited by Globalcollective

7 minutes ago, Globalcollective said:

Dose everyone on this forum want to do a combined daily Metta Bhavana meditation for the people who are ill with the virus? Metta Bhavana is basically where you actively send kind thoughts to someone or something. Thoughts of love and healing. If the whole world got together and started doing this for the sick atm maybe we could start to defeat the virus quicker. 

ideally it would be a good idea if we could all do this at the same time but because we all live in different countries it might be difficult to do this so might be best to do it based on region. How is 9:30am for everyone? 

Tips on metta, I always find it good to do some meditation before hand so I am in a good state of mind before sending the positive vibrations. 

Also might also be a good idea to create some kind of loose script for it regarding the virus. 

What is everyones thoughts?

Its a bit of wishful thinking. Do your best to stay as the self, to enrich and help those around you, your loved ones and community, as they are the ones you will be relying on.

6 minutes ago, Spaceofawareness said:

Its a bit of wishful thinking. Do your best to stay as the self, to enrich and help those around you, your loved ones and community, as they are the ones you will be relying on.

@Spaceofawareness  Of course already doing that as well, its not going to hurt doing this too.l I'm not saying it will have to much of an affect I don't know but its worth trying. Only takes 5mins 

23 hours ago, Globalcollective said:

@Spaceofawareness  Of course already doing that as well, its not going to hurt doing this too.l I'm not saying it will have to much of an affect I don't know but its worth trying. Only takes 5mins 

If you think you can help more with your mind than with your actions go right ahead, just know, when a car is careening toward a cliff, better to hit the brakes than pray.

Just now, Spaceofawareness said:

If you think you can help more with your mind than with your actions go right ahead, just know, when a car is careening toward a cliff, better to hit the brakes than pray.

However being blissfull as a result of meditation and the relaxation promotes immune system functions. This is my first hand experience and is augmented by a light diet and fasting sometimes.

5 hours ago, Spaceofawareness said:

@Spaceofawareness Most people can't do much with there hands at all as we are all having to self isolate. Of course can volunteer to local health care system. 

Like i said before I'm not saying this will end in some miracle or stop doing everything else our gorverments are advising, its just alittle something extra.  If you don't want to be part of this thats fine or if you want to actually give helpful feedback great if not leave us be ??

I am orange. I don't do that.

But I think those types of efforts help for sure. Does that make me yellow?

51 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

I am orange. I don't do that.

But I think those types of efforts help for sure. Does that make me yellow?

Makes you more yellow then Bart Simpson 

On 17/03/2020 at 11:17 AM, Spaceofawareness said:

This person has started off a lovely and positive thread. It's a great idea. Meditating is taking action. Prayer is taking action. I love the way the original poster has just responded with even more positivity each time you have replied ??✌

20 hours ago, Petals said:

@Petals Yeah I have noticed that too with what is happening watching how some people are reacting. There is a want to want to almost bypass the issue emotionally with such practices. Anxiety and concern is unavoidable now so I feel this is off the back of that rather than wanting to bypass what is going on. if we focus in on the people who are sick and suffering, I don't see how that could be any form of bypassing as long as you take it seriously once your meditations are over. 

17 hours ago, Bill W said:

This person has started off a lovely and positive thread. It's a great idea. Meditating is taking action. Prayer is taking action. I love the way the original poster has just responded with even more positivity each time you have replied ??✌

@Bill W Thanks all blessings to you and him :) ❤️✌️

I think it's a great idea. We can all take "practical" actions and "post-practical" actions with an intention to help.

Are you suggesting 9:30am London time? That would be between 2:30am - 5:30am in the U.S. Pretty early. 

2 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

I think it's a great idea. We can all take "practical" actions and "post-practical" actions with an intention to help.

Are you suggesting 9:30am London time? That would be between 2:30am - 5:30am in the U.S. Pretty early. 

@Serotoninluv Amazing, everyone that are participating so far are just doing it 9:30am there time so feel free to do it then. We have one at 9:30am 11am an 9pm ❤️ would be great to have your mind on board. 

9 minutes ago, Globalcollective said:

@Serotoninluv Amazing, everyone that are participating so far are just doing it 9:30am there time so feel free to do it then. We have one at 9:30am 11am an 9pm ❤️ would be great to have your mind on board. 

Where is "their time"? London?. It might be helpful to specify the time zone or give times in GMT.

On 19/03/2020 at 6:52 PM, Serotoninluv said:

Where is "their time"? London?. It might be helpful to specify the time zone or give times in GMT.

Sorry, I should of been more clear. People around the world are participating so they all just following their own time in their country so it remains the same for everyone, 9:30am, 11:00am and 9pm. So far have groups in Canada, India, UK, Switzerland, Russia. 

Dose this make sense? So just start at 9:30am your time :) ❤️✌️

Is this symbolic or literal 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

4 hours ago, SamueLSD said:

Is this symbolic or literal 

@SamueLSD literal, people are doing this already, join in if you like 

6 hours ago, Globalcollective said:

@SamueLSD literal, people are doing this already, join in if you like 

24953cb72e7a207d8f9ce9bd8a6cb730.jpg

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

That's nice Keyhole. Thanks

With the group meditation. I much prefer the idea of people meditating or praying together at the same time for everyone, so we are doing it together at the same time if that makes sense, but I know it could be a challenge in terms of time zones.

I've always found meditation more powerful when done with others, either in person, or remotely like we are discussing here.