thibault

Are High Consciousness People Sexually Fluid

21 posts in this topic

Didn't know whether to post this in consciousness or sexuality.

I had a question for those who have attained high states of consciousness and might be able to share their perspective on the question of sexuality. I may just be projecting but my intuition is that someone who is highly conscious will be pretty fluid sexually if not disinterested in sex. It feels like a natural progression based on the realization that there really isn't a difference between man and woman. I understand that you could go further and say there is no difference between self and other and come to the conclusion that sex is no different than masturbation. However I'm making an assumption (and I guess it's a pretty big one) that most people will need to explore their sexuality at least a little in order to transcend it.

Basically, do higher (not highest) states of consciousness correspond with sexual fluidity or are they pretty much independent?

ive noticed that people who are very aware embrace parts of themselves that more resemble features that would typically be associated with the opposite gender. For example, men who become much much more passionate and sensitive. I have definitely noticed this with myself. Ive become very, very emotionally sensitive. Ive also become more comfortable with the thought of my heterosexuality not being as solid as i might have originally imagined. There are also different reasons that people (males in particular) become bisexual  or gay as well. This is simply from my own raw observation...males in particular seem to lean towards homosexuality when they cannot "get" females which is commonly caused by some kind of problem or weakness (may that be physical or mental). But then again, weakness in the kingdom of men is strength in the kingdom of God. But this is defo an observation of mine. 

It happens, yes. Society gave us a big part of our identity and perceptions and spiritual work can begin to deconstruct this. We become more open and honest with ourselves. 

Maybe, but I would say more to the point there are no rules and no “this will happen.”

Some people go completely celibate like Ramana Maharshi 

some go on to have wives and families like Rupert Spira, Adya, Francis Lucille, Ramaji& Amanda etc 

And some may even go on to explore Non-Monogamous relationships, or being more sexually open like you said. 

Each Body/Mind will be different and however you feel post awakening is what you should then explore, not just be like well Ramana was celibate and so are all them monks so I will be! 

Remember, each beings awakening is unique, and will have different implications, as I said someone could actually become more sexually active and explorative post awakening.

I would say the ONE common denominator is the ability for intimacy increases hugely, not just in Romantic relationships, but all forms of relationships. 

On a personal note, post awakening I am still sexually active, but keep in mind I’m a 20 year old Male, so it would be unlikely the sex drive would just drop away. The difference is (as with everything else) sex is no longer used to fill a void, or “make” you happy, it is simply a celebration of love, happiness and life between 2 (or more in some cases!) beings. 

True awakening doesn’t come with a rule book on how to live life, an awakening to the heart will basically give you this “moral code” (morals will be dropped though) “Love and do whatever you want!” 

Also, if you try and force celibacy or something unnatural you’ll just end up with sex in your shadow which will create even more issues down the line. Look at monks and priests who repress their sex drive. 

this video with Rupert explains it well-

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@thibault Sure. Just like with everything else, there is a loss of attachment to rigid definitions and identity. Attachment / identification can be difficult to let go of, yet when it is - there is expansion and new realms to explore. 

If I identify myself as an “alpha male that must be masculine, have sex 3+ times per week, be in control while in the missionary position in a bedroom”, it would be a very contracted identity. There is nothing wrong with that type of sex, it’s just very contracted and doesn’t give much space to explore and expand. 

However, openness doesn’t necessary mean every possibility will actualized. For example, as a guy expands he will be more open to various sexual expressions. He won’t judge others or himself for being sexually weird or immoral. He will come to understand the relativity of various sexual orientations. He may get curious and experiment, or maybe not. A guy that prefers heterosexual monogamy might start forming deeper heterosexual monogamous relationships as he becomes more conscious. Another guy might expand and try out bisexuality or polyamory as he becomes more conscious. Another guy could get into nondual sex in which gender is irrelevant. Another guy could lose interest in sex as being a lower level pleasure.  It just depends on the person. There is no sexual rule that one needs to follow. 

@LfcCharlie4 @Serotoninluv Thank you for your thoughtful answers. I feel like I already knew that it's different for everyone and there isn't really a clear cut answer. I am glad that you confirmed awakening can correspond with an opening of a person's sexuality as that was my initial intuition.

I certainly observed in my experience a certain fluidity of my sexuality as I became more self-accepting and authentic, my tastes in women changed and I kind of embraced a more fluid movement and way of being that a lot of people are confused with me being a homossexual or something, lots of people asks me that question.

I came to accept more thoughts of homossexual nature, which does not make me want to have sex or have sexual attraction for men but I do feel some sort of "attraction" for some men. It is hard to explain but i do feel I was something that I repressed and suppressed a lot due to some childhood events.

Later, it turned to be very authentic for me to dress and move in a kind of feminine way but at the same time I can be very masculine (not in that macho Terminator way). I am not doing it for anyone but I have to say that women love it, especially stage green and above.  

In conclusion, I am certainly way more feminine that I would think until some time ago and that's an effect of my raising consciousness.

I would say so yes. Since you are not limited to anything by now and is more open to new experiences. But it can be different from person to person. I think I saw a message before like, why does the G-spot for men are in the anus? lol

@thibault Awakening pushes you towards more authenticity and Truth in your being. So if before awakening you had repressed homosexual desires then on your path you'll have to come to terms with your authentic desires. You don't have to act on them, but you also can't repress or judge them. You see them as they are and choose to act on them if you want. 

Some people become do have changes and some don't, it varies in everyone, but what's the same in both is the acceptance of what is.

?

@thibault Yep no rules whatsoever!

In your own process, allow whatever comes up to flow! If it means testing out polyamory so be it, or if means no more sex so be it. 

Just PLEASE, don't repress whatever arises, if you still have a sex drive and sexual desires, the worst thing you can do is repress them, it's natural!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Someone who is "highly conscious" is content with themselves. The energy is flowing unhindered. The body is a vehicle of "God" energy, When you get there (get, as you put it, "highly conscious") you are being content with yourself. You do not need anything or anyone. The body and your clear seeing of the world makes the entire energy that it can hold to flow. You do not need anyone or anything. It is just a decision to "share" your energy with someone else. I put it in quotes because you do not actually share. You can not share Unity. It is simply unity. To be content, to reach contentment, means that you can not give and can not take anymore. You don't need to. It is unity.

There isn't a difference between a man and a woman. There isn't. Metaphysically speaking. Above it all, there isn't. But until you die (leave this planet) there IS a difference between a man and a woman. You are still being influenced by your own body and the way it is uniquely constructed. We are not the same. Not one man is the same. The body is unique and it influences you differently.

Edited by student

@Aaron p males don't become homosexual because they can't "get" females, that's a very old and conservative way of thinking and is not substantiated by anything. You can believe it though but you shouldn't state it as a fact.

As for OP, I think people who are more comfortable with themselves embrace parts of themselves that they would normally push away / ignore. They stop caring about societal norms and standards (which is still very heteronormative) this becoming less of what is expected of them and more true to their real self

@Tistepiste im not saying all guys who turn gay do so out of some kind of ailment but it is absolutely true that a lot of guys do. It is definitely an observation I have made. For whatever reason, guys who are extremely unattractive or bad at game tend to lean towards homosexuality. This has nothing to do with any kind of beliefs I have, and I don't mean to offend anyone but it's simply my observation. I'm not saying this is a bad or good thing, it's just a phenomenon that I see, and is not true for every person. Literally just a small observation of mine

Edited by Aaron p

@Aaron p So you mostly disagree with the "born this way" theory? What about the fact that many children exhibit traits that correspond with stereotypical homosexuality way before puberty? I'm not arguing that sexuality is 100% determined at birth by the way, but it does seem that it is shaped for the most part during childhood ... before any attempt is made to "get" girls.

@thibault most gays are actually “born gay”, this is definitely true. But like @Aaron p said, there are people who lean to gay sex because they cant get laid with girls. And then also, there are people who(i dont like to use this terminology) are “raised gay”. Ive seen this with my own cousins, they where raised with barbie dolls etc. And they are both gay. Now i dont really know whether they wanted this from youth, aka that they were “born gay” or that they were actually semi-forced to play with barbie dolls, and thus “became gay”. Might be a combination of both. But its definitely a grey area what causes people to be gay.

Edited by PlayTheGame

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."

-Nikola Tesla

I am a gay male.

My theory (through observation in myself and other gays):

Early childhood trauma plays a major role in developping homosexual orientation.

With childhood trauma I mean emotional neglect. The mother is not able to bond deeply enough with the baby. The emotional needs are not met, the baby feels rejected because it is not nourished. Deep inside it is left alone and maybe even in terror, because life (mother) does not provide what is needed.

This leads to uncounscious fear of all women and to fear of bonding with women. I do not say this lightly. A few years from now I still argued against this theory. But my personal experience through years of therapy revealed this to me and now I can see it in others. I have to say the therapist did not nudge me in this direction. It was simply the process of emotional dearmoring.

In addition to a neglecting mother is often a neglecting father who fails to act as a role model for healthy masculinity.

This is probably not the only reason for homosexuality but definitely one reason.

@Aaron p The weakness or problem which you observe in gays I can also see. Reminder: I am gay. This are observations and no judgements.

Most homosexual men don't feel themselves as "real men". This was the case for me until I worked on this issue for many years.

And I am still not through but can embrace my masculinity more and more. I can feel my fear of women, it is subtle, very very subtle but mighty in its effect.

Maybe I'm getting too off topic here.

So on topic: Through consciounsness work I also experience an opening in my sexuality.  I am interrested in having sex with a girl. Not really sexual attraction but I'm interrested how it would be. Years ago I was disgusted by the thought of vagina. Now I am curious.

@Marchino I feel the same way which is why I asked this question. In my case I have stopped finding guys sexually repulsive. It's not that I'm attracted to them but I would definitely say I'm open. I think it would all depend on the circumstances, it's not something I'm going to seek out just to do it.

@thibault @Marchino you know I can thoroughly say, I absolutely love the transparency that people can exercise when they lay aside their ego. I absolutely love it. Nowhere else would you get this kind of honesty. I nearly crave it. No, I used to crave it...now I literally can't stand not having it. ?♥️ . But yes in my case it's actually my karma that makes me lean towards homosexuality I think. Primarily from my mother and her father, I have inherited dark dark shadow traits and bad karma which made me an outcast. I was born with the karma and have always struggled to connect with anyone deeply. I was born with highly manipulative traits, psychotic mind, strange behavior as a child. Overly ambitious, over-involved,  overly flamboyant, unpredictable, disjointed, thinking I was better than everyone else...and completely unconscious of the whole thing. I personally don't mind if I am straight or homosexual. I don't actually find much deep pleasure in sexuality at all. But HOLY FUCK, I get SO much satisfaction in enlightenment work. When I take psychedelics, aw...it's better than anything. It's amazing. It's the love man. I've noticed that Im starting to be able to develop actual emotional connections with girls and stuff. Before it would just have been about sex. So boring. What big "hard" men don't realise is, sex is pretty easy to get. But love...true, sustained love......this can only be attained by mastering yourself. Its easy to put your dick in a whole...but love, that is the jewel that is the hardest to find. ???

Edited by Aaron p