livg7046

The ‘good’ of COVID-19

104 posts in this topic

Don’t get me wrong, I most definitely think this virus is a serious threat, we need to take it seriously and many people will die.

There is nothing “good” about people dying.

But I can’t help but try to focus on what benefit this virus could have on the greater society.  I see the world coming to almost a complete hault for 2-4 weeks.  We will work together to help others in need, regardless of race, demographic, sex, age etc.  I especially see the elderly being brought to the forefront,  prioritized and made to improve their “worth”. People will learn to look inwards, focusing on close friends, family and even self. The United States will finally come to realize the necessity to elect Bernie Sanders.  Does anyone else agree?

No I don't agree at all. 

I couldn't disagree more. 

It's all the opposite of the so called good. 

This threat is only exposing the darker side of humanity more than ever. It shows how humans even in this time of need are more focused on money and economy and capitalism and profiteering. 

The government doesn't want to give paid sick leave. Even if they do, it's hardly a few days 

Nobody is giving a rat's ass to how many people are taking ill. 

This looks like the scenario of the movie Titanic. Everyone is left to fend for themselves. 

Political parties are playing the blame game and will utilize this opportunity for chest thumping and drumming up votes. Saying "I did a better job than him." 

The hospitals are not prioritizing elders. They are doing the opposite. They want to save who they can. 

People are fighting in the American supermarkets over toilet paper in the store alleys. 

It's a mayhem and chaos. And it's showing the true colors of people, government, politicians and general humanity 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Dutch guy but the general attitude of the government is dismal. Look at the American government for example. Trump wasn't taking it seriously until the whole of Europe started to scramble. 

The government is not ready to care of the homeless who are most vulnerable. 

I can see more drama unfolding. 

The shutdowns are having a big impact on our carbon footprint for the better. All those planes being grounded is an enormous air emissions saving and the impact goes far beyond that. Coal emissions in China were way down before it spread very far. 

This article is back from February 26.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/26/climate/nyt-climate-newsletter-coronavirus.html

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

After the virus, China finally has blue skies without pollution covering it.

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

The virus is also playing into people's systemic racism I'm finding as well. Within certain groups (types) of people anyway. There is a naive conflation that the virus is inherently a racially based issue (as if it couldn't have started anywhere) . Considering COVID-19 is primarily spreading in Asian countries, people are using it as an excuse and a justification to play out their racist hatred, avoiding and discriminating against Asian's in cities and towns all over the world. I've seen it happening here in Australia. This is certainly not a positive situation when it comes to racial bias and racism. 

6 minutes ago, WaterDroplet--00 said:

The virus is also playing into people's systemic racism I'm finding as well. Within certain groups (types) of people anyway. There is a naive conflation that the virus is inherently a racially based issue (as if it couldn't have started anywhere) . Considering COVID-19 is primarily spreading in Asian countries, people are using it as an excuse and a justification to play out their racist hatred, avoiding and discriminating against Asian's in cities and towns all over the world. I've seen it happening here in Australia. This is certainly not a positive situation when it comes to racial bias and racism. 

Maybe it's time for you to update yourself.  The Asian countries are showing themselves to be supreme in solving this situation.  America promised up to 500,000 tests for next week.  A few hours before, one Chinese guy donated 1,000,000 tests to the Muricans.  

@livg7046

I share your sentiment. It is a terrible situation, I feel for everyone effected, and we are clearly in it together. I also can see ‘the good’. 

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

exposing the darker side of humanity more than ever.

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

And it's showing the true colors of people, government, politicians and general humanity 

That the good. Nature works in mysterious ways. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I'm also trying to focus on the good. It feels like shit to focus on all of the fear and negativity. I agree that maybe CORVID-19 will help Bernie with the election. Tomorrow's debate could totally change the course of this election if Bernie is savvy enough or if Biden displays his cognitive decline with new depth and obviousness. By the way, don't feel guilty about seeing the good of this crisis. There is always good to be seen. Anyone who claims otherwise does not understand the duality of good and bad. 

Edited by StripedGiraffe

Transformation and Healing Course Coming Soon! https://www.youtube.com/c/davidmillervideos

This crisis might lead some people to think about non duality for the first time. We're all rooting for Team Human right now. 

Edited by martin_malin

There are some "good" things like the rollout of a work from home environment.
It honestly makes me realize how retarded it is that these thousands of businesses who immediately deployed working remotely didn't just do that to begin with, at least on certain days of the week. Unfortunately I'll just get a temp suspension with no pay during this period since I'm contract. Thank you giant multinational corporation for continuing to screw over contractors yet again.

3 hours ago, livg7046 said:

But I can’t help but try to focus on what benefit this virus could have on the greater society.  I see the world coming to almost a complete hault for 2-4 weeks.  We will work together to help others in need, regardless of race, demographic, sex, age etc.  I especially see the elderly being brought to the forefront,  prioritized and made to improve their “worth”. People will learn to look inwards, focusing on close friends, family and even self. The United States will finally come to realize the necessity to elect Bernie Sanders.  Does anyone else agree?

No, 99% of people are going to rot away at home and watch Netflix. The other 1% might start to build some decent habits during this time.
The young people continue to not vote, and voter suppression in major cities will continue to swing the election in Status Quo Joe's favor.

Edited by Vladz0r

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@Dutch guy but the general attitude of the government is dismal. Look at the American government for example. Trump wasn't taking it seriously until the whole of Europe started to scramble. 

The government is not ready to care of the homeless who are most vulnerable. 

I can see more drama unfolding. 

To be fair he did ban China flights, it is Europe who took no actions at all, which lead for it to spread in EU and to USA because EU was not banned in USA. 

Edited by purerogue

@purerogue  he still hasn't banned all EU flights. Flights from Ireland and UK are allowed! 

That's sad. 

Hopefully it illuminates the flaws in the American healthcare system and gets them to reflect seriously on it and strive for improvement.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Movement up the spiral is usually precipitated by a crisis. Hard times bring on strong people, as they say.

Beyond all ideas about Covid-19 there is a field, I'll meet you there

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

"Never let a good crisis go to waste"

One amazing thing about this is that is adds an argument for Unconditional/Universal Basic Income.

Another is that the dysfunction of our healthcare system is coming to the forefront.

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games

6 hours ago, Roy said:

Hopefully it illuminates the flaws in the American healthcare system and gets them to reflect seriously on it and strive for improvement.

+1  

Despite the recent response by the US, I believe the massive delay in original testing and acknowledgement will lead to a serious crisis worse than Italy's situation.  We have a very diverse population originating from more foreign places than most other countries(more international flights,etc). We are actually a few weeks behind many of the Euro countries.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/covid-19-testing/    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/487534-ohio-official-was-guesstimating-statement-that-100000-people-have  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

In the first link-focus on testing per 1 million people.

I think the 100k number from the Ohio Dr.(3 days ago) could be very reasonable.  I assume the US govt (and state govts listening to them)  would not want to advertise these numbers for anti-panic reasons, so that could be the reason we aren't hearing this from other sources.

Minimum 3 NBA players tested positive (3/appx. 360=.9%)  Celeberties and politicans including Canadian Pres., many politicians, Hanks Couple, etc. seems at least 1%.  1% of USA would be 3.5 million cases (as of several days ago, and many people still mingling in bars, restaurants, work, family get togethers, etc.)  Doubling rate is 6 days.

These are just numbers(lowball honestly), and I may be very off, but do the research for yourself.  China actually did a great job of shutting down their country and controlling their population(due to fear, communism, etc.) 

Financially, I would suggest to at least have a plan to diversify from the US dollar if you are 100% in US funds.  I don't think this is a probable scenario, but at least be ready to pull the trigger before the general mass in case the US dollar sinks.

Edited by SerpaeTetra