sunny33

Ego is the pure devil

15 posts in this topic

It claims everything. Every moment for himself. Lives in time. Think's he is enlightened but is not. This is not it. The ego will never realise realisation. Cause you are it. 

Isn't it beautiful?

You're not human, you're the universe

@sunny33 It sure is. Look at the threads Leo recently locked and you will see how incredibly sneaky the ego is ;) Lots of "prophets" on the forum. 

Ego is  heightened deception and a perfect example of how your life would be if you were what you think you are.

@sunny33 Ahh the ego awakening. Good job, that devil is very slippery to catch.

Mahadev

Creating devils is devilry. Saying this makes me a devil too. Welcome to duality. Where love masquerades as opposites and contrasts. 

The ego is a dysfunctional survival mechanism... it's endlessly needy and never satisfied more money more power more Love more Enlightenment more of everything. Feeding it any attention whether positive or negative only reinforces its existence...

Best thing to do with the Ego is recognize its unreality. When the steam has been taken out of the egos ego's sail it's slowly deflates and is rendered harmless...

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

From 'Right use of will: healing and evolving the emotional body':

EGO

Healing your disconnections and non self-acceptance is a matter of personal choice and timing, yet personal choice is not a constant,—it changes and expands as a person evolves. What may not seem right to you now may become right at any moment. Spiritual growth has been thought to require death of the ego. This is not true understanding. There is no problem wih ego. Denying the ego its right function has created disease in the ego and this disease is the problem. Death of the ego is not a necessary part of Spiritual growth.

Ego in fact is the part of you that recognizes yourself as you. The ego operates to protect your present level of ability to accept and express. Ego is as Divine as anything else. There is no problem with ego if it sees itself as evolving with the rest of you. You cannot tell the difference between yourself and anything else without ego.

@Waken I like the concept of the ego and will being the female/male aspects of duality. I had not thought of that until I looked into that book which I'm now trying to find a copy of. 

Love. 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Devil, devilry and evil are a construct of the human mind, it's a paradigm of moral dualism that does not really exist in the manifest as the mind believes it does. We assign the positions of the dualism to behaviors and identity and which ones we do assign them is influenced by so many different variables which often are ever changing.

The 'ego' has it's usefulness in the way we evolved to survive and isn't broken or dysfunctional. It's just that when we are trying to transcend the appearance of separation to perceive the unity of all things the ego doesn't help us in that endeavor and through it's nature of identity it hinders by being an obstacle in awakening to it.

One only sees this as 'evil' or 'devilry' because of assigning a pole in that moral dualism and the other pole in dualism of 'good' to the unity and...'angelic'? I guess would be a word that could be used for it that is the opposite assignment which is given to awareness that can perceive the unity that transcends the apparent separation.