Prevailer

The Neutral Consciousness state

46 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

Consciousness is comprised of multiple facets that combine into a whole that many consider 'consciousness' and if we become aware of them and their influence intimately. One facet is the self conscious and it is not very neutral, it's creating stimuli to motivate behavior to perverse the biological entity, it's acting on behalf of the body living.

The ego creates a narrative perspective to motivate behavior to preserve identity. It's an extension of the self conscious in that our identity can provide the motivation to preserve the body but it's not a necessary component because identity can 'die' while the body lives on yet when the body dies the identity dies with it.

There is another part of consciousness that we know as awareness which is the present moment facet and though the self conscious and the ego exert influence in the present to stimulate behavior in the present the conditioning of them comes from past events and often seeks to motivate for preservation into an imagined future.

Our awareness is the part of consciousness that is by it's nature neutral but this doesn't mean it remains neutral. In fact, if we are unawakened to it's place in consciousness it can very easily be co-opted by the self conscious and ego into doing it's bidding by attaching to the stimuli and identity creates and ceasing to be neutral.

If we grow aware of this transpiring we can stay present in awareness as an observer of what passes through the mind without becoming attached to it. In being a 'passive observer' in awareness we can create the inner environment instead of allowing the ego to create it and it can be one that could be referred to as neutral.

If we create imaginary conditions our mind needs to exist in to be neutral we are actually ceasing to be neutral in awareness. If we hold the perspective that things are good or bad we are taking a less than neutral position about them. This isn't to say that this is good or bad, just that it's the way it is and we can be aware of it's influence in consciousness.

Your write up is interesting....you have picked up on the point that awareness and consciousness are separate.If you have been reading my posts then you will know my views on consciousness states.I try to keep things simple.My view is that consciousness states are static.My view is that we can come out of the split consciousness state I.e. the trapped in the divided head state combined with our divided SUBCONSCIOUS thoughts.We can come out of this subconscious state into the combined consciousness state that sits in the middle but in some way outside of the split consciousness state.The individual is still trapped in this united consciousness (in the moment) state with CONSCIOUS thoughts however.The individual slides between the divided  & united consciousness states all the time,whether this be subconsciously or consciously.The individual now needs to be separated from their thoughts from within the combined consciousness state.This is a top level view.Voices/visions etc which are associated with both consciousness states is just DATA.There is a third consciousness state.Their appears to be a +/- neutral state that sits either side of the middle neutral state.Hope I haven’t  lost you completely,I do with most people.

@Prevailer I didn't say or think awareness and consciousness are separate, they are facets of a whole.

15 hours ago, Prevailer said:

@Serotoninluv I’m not interested only because I’ve been where you are pointing to already.

It's not a somewhere you go. 

10 hours ago, SOUL said:

@Prevailer I didn't say or think awareness and consciousness are separate, they are facets of a whole.

ok, apologies if I mis-quoted you. My view is that they are facets of a whole but one is static the other not static.

9 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

It's not a somewhere you go. 

It's not a somewhere you stop either.

The neutral consciousness state is a still state of mind whereby the individual chooses to consciously only listen to still thoughts created within the neutral consciousness state and not engage with thoughts that involve mind movement .i.e. involve the individual shifting to a different split consciousness state to engage with the thought.