Bazooka Jesus

Weed + Parsifal

16 posts in this topic

HOLY SHIT. Hooooooooooooooooly shit.

I just had what I can only call a musical awakening, and I am completely shook. I am actually trembling as I write this.

As I often do, I sat down this evening after work in order to smoke a joint and meditate; and after a few hits, it somehow dawned on me that I should listen to Richard Wagner's Parsifal Act One while doing so. And WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW. Wow, wow, wow. I have no words to describe this. It's like I heard the music for the first time in my entire life, got COMPLETELY floored by it, steamrolled by it, elevated by it, ass kicked by it, turned inside out by it, and right now, it feels exactly like I just came back from an ego death experience. I swear to Richard.

Hahahahaha! Has this happened to one of you guys before? I cannot believe this!!

Why so serious?

Haha yes! Music for me on a psychedelic is like focusing this powerful energy into a laser beam that I can direct with precision into nondual insight. 

For me without art what's the point of this work? Without sharing it's beauty?

@Ry4n Amazing.

Phew, this musical awakening caught me totally by surprise - I am still in a flabbergasted  "What the fuck was THAT?" mode. I mean, I have known Richard Wagner's Parsifal for something close to fifteen years now and have been listening to parts of it over and over again, but I never really "got" the opera in its entirety. But Jesus Christ, as I was sitting there listening to it yesterday evening, I felt like fucking lightning had struck me! It was literally as if I could hear the universe itself singing its eternally winding and modulating song of love, pain, death, rapture and salvation. DAMN.

Afterwards, I found myself wondering... is this what music sounds like when you're permanently awakened? Holy shit, if that is the case, then awakening is most definitely worth all of the struggle we're going through. Hah!

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

Pink Floyd + LSD + 1 Gram joint = hyperspace straight into the heart of the universe 

Happened to me, I was so shocked that I started crying tears of joy, and only realised that there were tears in my eyes after the feeling passed and I came back to my senses.

Here is my recount I wrote while still in shock about what the fuck just happened to me ( if you're interested ) :

Edited by SamueLSD

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

@SamueLSD Heh, nice report, man!

Yeah, weed can be a GREAT complementary tool for spirituality in general and psychedelic trips in particular; I know that most people advise against mixing these things, but for me, combining LSD or shrooms with weed has done literal wonders. (I honestly gotta say though that yesterdays unexpected trip on weed & Wagner was far more profound and shocking than the 450 μg acid trip that I had last week!)

PS - You pack one gram of weed into one single joint? Holy cow. Can you even lift it with one hand? LOL.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

We find it a beneficial combination because we are VERY familiar with the weed high, so we can handle ourselves in situations that others would completely freak out, and therefore unlock the hidden potential in it.

I'm stoked that I'm not the only one who has had this experience

For the gram joint, I got some king size Raw papers, chopped up the buds very well, and once the roll was done I continued putting weed into the end of the joint and packed it down with a little stick. Didn't even get close to finishing it though, I only just started smoking it when the wave of infinite bliss slapped my in the face, lol 

Edited by SamueLSD

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

1 hour ago, SamueLSD said:

I'm stoked that I'm not the only one who has had this experience

Same here! After having been completely caught off guard like that by a spontaneous surprise visit from the freaking Holy Ghost, it is immensely reassuring to hear that others have had similar experiences, indicating that you're at least not suffering from completely exceptional derangement, lol.

Why so serious?

20 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

indicating that you're at least not suffering from completely exceptional derangement, lol.

Haha my exact thoughts 

Hahah thats awsome man! Music and cannabis is also a really powerful mix for me ! Instrumental music for insights and meditation, I have also had some serious emotional releases listening to stuff like AC/DC several times whilst doing Breathwork. It sounds like you had a more powerful experience than Ive ever had but yeah weed and music has brought me to serious tears dozens of times!

DPT + Bach = Words cannot describe. I did that combo for years. 

I can imagine an artist like Wagner could have profound effects as well. Listening to true artists can really have amazinh effects and is very underrated as a spiritual practice. I like to walk and listen to Bach and let the music flow through the body. It has healing qualities, no doubt about it.

@Esoteric Man, I like Bach, but for me there is something very special about Wagner's frenzied soundscapes. It's almost uncanny to listen to his stuff under the influence of a psychedelic; whenever I do so, I find myself wondering... HOW?! How did that nasty and spiteful little gnome from Saxony come up with this divinely inspired music? The more I listen to it, the more I suspect that the old bastard must have had a spiritual awakening or a near death experience at some time around his adolescence; that's really the only explanation that seems to make any kind of sense whatsoever. (And yes, I totally get that Wagner is not everybody's cup of tea, just as substances like LSD or shrooms are not for everyone. I have the feeling that it takes a very special sensibility to fully 'get' his music, and some of it still sort of eludes me to this day; it's almost like one of those hidden treasure chambers in Arabian Nights that will only open if you say the right magic word, and even then it can be somewhat tricky to actually get your foot through the door and revel in the strange glistening riches lying there.)

My other favorite psychedelic composer is Ligeti; very different type of music, but equally transcendent!

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

@Nahm FUBU? You mean "fucked up beyond understanding"? (This is actually a pretty spot on description of how I feel when I listen to Wagner these days, lol)

:D

Why so serious?

Can't stop listening... good god, this is music from another planet.

Why so serious?