Michael569

Keeping your immune system strong

26 posts in this topic

I haven't been self quarantined, I've kind of still been out of the house, just staying away from people, washing my hands an excess amount ?

College has just shut so now lots of free time. I saw that London is further into the virus than us? 2 weeks almost. 

In a strange way it's nice that the earth gets chance to breath and for animals to take centre stage again for a while ?

Yeah, I had regretted suggesting my ex getting the birth control a long time ago. I was aware of the effects, then she refused to stop taking it, when I told her how bad it was. But that was just how she was. 

I had read some stuff about vitamin C not doing much unless you're deficient. Do you have an opinion on that? I don't buy any of it since I read that. But I do take the vitamin D. 

I am keeping up with almost all of that stuff. So I hope I am able to stay in good health. It seemed like I had a bit of a bug for like 3 weeks there. But not the covid 19. I am going pretty strong it seems like now though. I feel quite good overall. 

Keep in mind that getting a cold or flu like symptom is a good thing, a natural cleansing response for any food cooked or acid-forming to raise one's frequency by expelling what is no longer serving 

cold vs the cold sore  

Edited by DrewNows

On 13/03/2020 at 1:29 PM, Michael569 said:

Vitamin D (25-hydroxy vitamin D) 
Essential cofactor for immune system finction. It improves your immune system function, antibody production, lymphocyte production and prevention of autoimmune disease. Aime to get daily exposure to sun, if you are in a country where there is non, consider daily intake of 2000 international units of vitamin D3 supplement or a sublingual spray. Take it with meals in the morning. 

UPDATE ON THE TOPIC

There has been some recent research showing that Vitamin D increases the amount of protein called Angiotensin-Converting-Enzyme2 (ACE2) This protein plays a role in the body's self-regulation of blood pressure. However few members of the coronavirus family including SARS can actually hijack this enzyme through "backdoor" and use it to enter the cell. Yes vitamin D plays still a role in immune system but at this particular case it is a double-edged sword. 

Watch Chris Masterjohn PHD's latest video for more info on this. 

So I guess I am stopping Vitamin D supplementation in the highest peak of the crisis. Get sunshine instead where possible. 

Stay safe folks !

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

For me after supplementing D3 for 3 days: I feel way better with it :) But I guess I ran into a deficiency over the last months since I shifted to a vegan diet, where this is a more common theme. 

My point: I think neither "supplement with D during the corona crisis" nor "DON'T DO IT" is particularly helpful advice. 

Edited by GrowthPilgrim

@Michael569 I read his PDF and here's his basic recommnedations- 

700-1000mg of Elderberry for Maximum of 12 weeks, so pick 12 weeks where Corona will be at it's peak in your area. 

15mg/1mg Zinc/Copper taken up to 4 times per day 

Zinc Lozenges once per day, and every 2 hours when symptoms arise!

Optional Extras- Garlic, Echinacea, N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) (If you get the illness)

Seems very basic, and I'll be stopping high dose Vitamin D and C for the next few months at least, I have low doses in my Vegan Multivitamin and Omega 3s I take so going to cycle them, and take 1 one day and the other the next. 

Unless you have any other recommendations. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi