Sizeable Oof

yo can we get a like button for posts and topics?

11 posts in this topic

like if someone says something i liked i could ... press a like button to show the fact that i liked what was being said.

also sorry not sure where's the right place to post it if there's even such a place.

No because it promotes echo chamber mentality and what people "like" is usually dogma that confirms their biases. Makes the forum toxic. 

Also likes are relative. No post is better than the other absolutely. 

Edited by electroBeam

This forum had a liking system and even a member rank about 3 years ago. But Leo removed it because it create posting bias and honestly it just made the forum look a lot less professional . I like it this way, now all user posts are initially treated equal until they are read. :)

On 13/03/2020 at 0:47 AM, electroBeam said:

No because it promotes echo chamber mentality and what people "like" is usually dogma that confirms their biases. Makes the forum toxic. 

I see what you mean. But sometimes I just wanna let someone know I really like what they said or that I agree with them and it seems redundant to post a whole message just for that.

if there was a like button we also would need a dislike button to differentiate this whole project from facebook. i‘m actually if anything only for the dislike button.

No, I don't want this community to turn into reddit.

Wouldn't mind a reaction button.

Because instead of that I just make a new post saying something like "well said!" 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

On 3/12/2020 at 11:47 PM, electroBeam said:

Better than getting ten points for having a slightly aggressive streak in your posting whilst disagreeing with a mod, to some.

Not at all. 

Leo got rid of it for good. It was a horror show. Lot of bias and all it does is create an Echo Chamber. 

Don't need that here.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 17.3.2020 at 6:13 PM, Sizeable Oof said:

I see what you mean. But sometimes I just wanna let someone know I really like what they said or that I agree with them and it seems redundant to post a whole message just for that.

see but that also creates some kind of discussion – if people have to actually say something or leave some kind of message which at least gives impulses to reflect on oneself, i don’t know if this is a prehistoric thing with the like button - i mean just for the fun, it would be nice to have a urinating dog as a like button, for some days. then we could mark imaginary trees as our territory – did someone ever create a game with this content?

sorry it’s a weird design idea. but any other ideas? the thumbs up is really too much of a facebook rip. commenting or discussing already happens very fast and you can at least find out about motivations by follow up questions.

Edited by remember

How about a Like button just for this sub-forum?
Rather, let's call it "Upvote" button....
This let's Leo and others know the demand and relevance of the topics suggested by individuals