Martin123

The issue of abuse on the forum

125 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Basically this is Leo's house. He built this house. You are invited to be a guest in his house. Lets say in my house you are expected to take off your shoes, clean up after yourself, and in this house we are devout Christians. If you come in leave your shoes on after being told otherwise, leave a mess, and start spouting off why Christianity is wrong, then we're going to have a talk. If these behaviors continue, you be asked to leave my home. This is Leos house, and he makes the rules of his house. He has very specific teachings of Reality/God. If you don't like it, go to someone elses house, and stop telling him how he should run his home. 

I get you 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

36 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Basically this is Leo's house. He built this house. You are invited to be a guest in his house. Lets say in my house you are expected to take off your shoes, clean up after yourself, and in this house we are devout Christians. If you come in leave your shoes on after being told otherwise, leave a mess, and start spouting off why Christianity is wrong, then we're going to have a talk. If these behaviors continue, you be asked to leave my home. This is Leos house, and he makes the rules of his house. He has very specific teachings of Reality/God. If you don't like it, go to someone elses house, and stop telling him how he should run his home. 

Yes. It is how it should be. I love leo locked threads to read, makes me learn so much.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

20 hours ago, Martin123 said:

Unsolicited advice is:

Heres all the judgements about you and here’s what I want you to change about yourself so I can feel differently about the ideas I have about you.

Its SO Ruuuude god yall making me so uncomfortable all I really want is to heal in peace and express myself, I love affecting others through the channeled healing energy coursing through my nervous system but this just so brutally impolite ???? I’m having a meltdown 

Sure, that's one thing it can be, but not the only. Context is important. 

5 hours ago, lmfao said:

In regards to moderation, one is inquiring into the difference between exploration and "spreading misinformation".
Radically grounded , radical openness is the desired quality of this space,  as paradoxical as that sounds. 

If you default to heavy moderation, you default to assuming bad intent and intentions. I don't even mean bad in the moral sense, I mean that you assume the other person is in the incorrect orientation/mode at the very least. You create enemies where there are none. Take this thread for example 

This guy was sharing his truth, his insight (The clickbait title isn't even that bad). Instead, Leo gives a nit-picky criticism by referencing the strange loop nature of things whilst the guy here alluded to that and was receptive to a dialogue. I saw that space as great for people exchanging concepts, and then Leo terminated it. Leo used to be a big propagator of avoiding "non-duality wars" but his approach in this regard has changed. 

What's going on I think is an ultimately utilitarian endeavour towards transforming the nature of the forum. It's a "the ends justify the means" approach. Leniency leads to the water becoming poisoned, you get bogged down in trying to convert the deluded by playing the same game as them. It's a pure waste of time. And although nobody wants to hear it, not all opinions and ideas are created equal (equal in the realm of relative standards/goals that we set). Ultimately, I think the dynamic Leo is aiming for in this forum is changing a little. He's making it closer to a school or teacher-student dynamic. 
---
That being said, I agree with more decisions of his to lock a thread than I disagree with. I'm fairly aimless and scatterbrained though because when I see these threads of people e.g. ivankiss talking about the distinction between god, the absolute, consciousness it just doesn't resonate with me and I turn off. And it's mostly in those threads where people nitpick terms like these that the locking happens.  

You have to have open mindedness that indeed their are awakened beings pointing you to awakening and there are ones that aren't there yet.  It doesn't mean there is no compassion for them.  Please understand that these teachings are out of Love and that sometimes if incomplete teachings are condoned then the full Truth may never be revealed.  And it is out of Love that truly awakened beings such as Leo are doing what they are doing.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

23 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Please understand that these teachings are out of Love and that sometimes if incomplete teachings are condoned then the full Truth may never be revealed.

The question I see becoming relevant then, is at what point does this place become a monolith of identical opinions and approaches. 
To reject what Leo says ----> Thread lock, seems to be the pattern being approached day by day. 

Whether it's the means or whether it's the goal or both that have changed for this forum, something's shifted/shifting.

It seems to me that the degree to which mental masturbation is allowed here is simply the degree to which the particular thing agrees with one man's formulation of the "highest teaching". 
Use the incorrect buzzwords or alternate definitions for things, your viewpoint is more likely to become automatically shunned. Use the correct buzzwords and "correct definitions" and your viewpoint is automatically praised, irregardless of how insightful or dumb or contextually appropriate your message is.
Considering how tentative language (every person has their own idiosyncratic grammar, structure, etc, not to mention the relative nature of it overall) is, I worry there will be too little generosity and openness to exploring or acknowledging other people's viewpoints

Sheep-like behaviour and ideological parroting is only going to become more common here. Sure the top dogs might not be that deluded in your space, but you end up setting up a system where you're left with cult-like followers. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

SO yeah... Lento got banned for quote 'questioning Leo in his absence.'... cool cool cool cool cool 'inserts Jake Parolta meme'... This isn't a cult at all, okay guys I am leaving yall. Been nice knowing you
Sending blessings of the purest and most loving light onto all souls who have touched this collective field of reality.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

1 hour ago, Martin123 said:

SO yeah... Lento got banned for quote 'questioning Leo in his absence.'

What we learn here is simple.

When you question a person, know their schedule. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

4 minutes ago, Chakra Lion said:

What we learn here is simple.

When you question a person, know their schedule. 

:D HAHA That's funny.
I hope that's a joke. 

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

5 hours ago, lmfao said:

The question I see becoming relevant then, is at what point does this place become a monolith of identical opinions and approaches. 

Thanks for the input.  Truth is Truth.  It isn't beliefs, opinions, or approaches.  And it isn't mine, or Leo's, or anyone else's.  It just is what it is.  The goal is awakening.   The shift is just a streamlining of the teaching of Truth.  If someone doesn't wanna be here they don't have to be.  No one is being told to take anything on as dogma or beliefs.  In fact it is to the contrary.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I was really excited about finding this place only to find it suspiciously similar to a cult. It's hard to find a place to share and support others on the journey that doesn't belong to one person and has people that are wanting to grow. 

I'd build a house that belonged to everyone if I knew how. Intolerance is a lack of compassion. 

11 hours ago, Martin123 said:

Lento got banned for quote 'questioning Leo in his absence.'

@Lento got banned for questioning Leo? Wtf? That mod should be banned.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

6 hours ago, Mo0ngrass said:

I was really excited about finding this place only to find it suspiciously similar to a cult. It's hard to find a place to share and support others on the journey that doesn't belong to one person and has people that are wanting to grow. 

I'd build a house that belonged to everyone if I knew how. Intolerance is a lack of compassion. 

They're hard to find but they are out there. Lots of Facebook groups are actually pretty decent. "Experiential sharing group based on teachings of David R. Hawkins", "“Demon Support” Unofficial Objective Personality Group" etc., depends on what you are into. The community around Objective Personality is SUPER active by the way. Tons of different groups and packed with supportive, growth-oriented people.

Edited by Commodent

I am myself, heaven and hell.

I don't know if anyone noticed but some supernatural stuff just went down. Its over now though. (I think)

Edited by Artaemis

@Artaemis can’t get food so I’m gonna need details? Specifically on the Forum? 

- Edgar Allen Poe 

@Artaemis A Dragon flew through the village we loved so much, but on this fresh new grass we will rebuild like so many times before. 

*burns sage throughout the forums 

- Edgar Allen Poe 

@Leo Gura Leo, please unban Lento. He doesn't deserve to be banned for this. 

Edited by Artaemis