kira

how to storage LSD ?

9 posts in this topic

I am receiving a decent amount of 1P-LSD soon, and was wondering what the best way is to storage for a long period of time, seeing as i am not planning on popping everything up in a couple of weeks 

i tried to search the internet,  but there is a lot of info there contradicting each other !!! 

If it's already on paper just put it in the freezer. Works for me.

Mahadev

Light, heat and moisture are the enemies. Liquid vials should be put into a dark plastic bag before placing in the freezer; blotters should be folded to provide the lowest surface area, tightly wrapped in foil and on top of that clingfilm before placing them in  a small glass jar with a sachet of dessicant.

If you want to keep it for years and years, do what @Corpus said, making sure the jar is a sealer jar. When you need to take the acid out, let the jar sit for a few hours to warm to room temperature slowly. This will prevent condensation from forming when you open it. I like to leave the jar sealed for a day again before I put it back in the freezer. This way the dessicant has time to absorb any new moisture from the air, and it won't condense on any surfaces inside the jar. 

For desiccant you can use those silica gel packets that come in packets of certain products, or even rice grains which are extremely dry. You could also use oxygen absorbers to reduce oxidation.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish i need to be able to storage it for a min of one year: so if i understand correctly, put it in a jar sealed :

does the jar have to be vacum sealed? before putting it in the freezer ? 

leaving on room temperature before putting in the freezer

when taking it out of the freezer  leaving it also one day on room temperature before usin, 

then before putting back in the freezer leaving it sealed for a day on room temperature,

and adding a silica gel packets,

does the silica get have to go also in the freezer ? i am supposed to add it in the jar from the begining  ? before putting it in the freezer

or only after i take the jar for the first time to "unfreeze" and want to put it back in the freezer again, only at this point adding the silica gel ? 

thanks for the info, its the first time that i attempt to storage physcadelics for such a long period of time, so i want to do the best i can to Ensure the product will be as good as possible for as long as possible   

@kira Don't over-complicate this. Just put it in a mini plastic seal bag (the one that is used to keep weed in) and just put in the freezer.

Mahadev

I think this thread should be pinned or something. It covers all sort of psychedelics, not just 5 MeO DMT.

Edited by 4201

9 hours ago, kira said:

@outlandish i need to be able to storage it for a min of one year: so if i understand correctly, put it in a jar sealed :

does the jar have to be vacum sealed? before putting it in the freezer ? 

leaving on room temperature before putting in the freezer

when taking it out of the freezer  leaving it also one day on room temperature before usin, 

then before putting back in the freezer leaving it sealed for a day on room temperature,

and adding a silica gel packets,

does the silica get have to go also in the freezer ? i am supposed to add it in the jar from the begining  ? before putting it in the freezer

or only after i take the jar for the first time to "unfreeze" and want to put it back in the freezer again, only at this point adding the silica gel ?  

• You don't need to vacuum seal the jar. That would be great if you could, but it would be very difficult so don't bother trying. It just needs to be airtight
  • Leave it at room temperature, sealed with the dessicant (silica gel/rice kernels) inside, for a few hours prior to freezing. This step might be overkill.
  • When taking it out of the freezer, leave it for a few hours, until it's completely to room temperature, before opening. A day would be overkill.
  • before putting it back in freezer, same procedure as the first time you put it in.
  • silica gel goes in the jar, and sealed baggie with tightly wrapped tabs also goes in jar. Add it in the jar from the beginning before putting in freezer.
  • if you have your psychedelics in liquid solution, just freeze the whole solution, no need to use dessicant etc.

@4201 thanks for pointing that post out, I hope it is helpful to people. 

@Serotoninluv probably not necessary unless it gets noticeably less dry, but rice is cheap so you might as well replace it occasionally during a time that you're opening it up anyways. Definitely don't thaw it all out just to replace the rice though. Your jar shouldn't be leaking so there would be no point in that.

As 4201 said I made a very organized post about storage a while back, feel free to check it out: 

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.