karkaore

Insanity

38 posts in this topic

@Keyhole And it wasn't just one heartbreak. My heart broke over and over and over as reality seeped in for months. 

45 minutes ago, Artaemis said:

embodiment was 'inside my head'. 

What do you mean?

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

@SamueLSD The dream shifted and I saw higher beings for a time. But then I realized that it was 'all inside my head'. I can't really explain it except to say I was delusional :P

@SamueLSD OR I had a powerful influence on reality and I wasn't delusional. I'm still contemplating interpretations. 

17 minutes ago, Artaemis said:

@SamueLSD The Beings were full of Joy!

Were you on a psychedelic, or did this occur randomly 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

@SamueLSD Never taken a psychedelic except for a major awakening smoking weed for the first and last time. Things sort of built up from there. 

But talking about these Beings isn't really important. I see clinging in my energy. My own awakening and embodiment are what matters. 

@Keyhole 0 - ∞. That's the spectrum. Not a single digit means anything. Our minds project meaning onto 0, 1, 2, 3 and so on. So lets assume 0 is sane and ∞ is insane. Keep in mind at all times that You are assuming. From which number going from 0 to ∞ insanity starts to occur? Are all numbers insane? Are all of em sane? Which is it?? 

I am not denying any of the relative things you listed as insanity thought. However, it's not insanity. Question insanity, go through it if You want to understand what I am trying to say.

1 hour ago, Keyhole said:

@karkaoreInsanity is not that linear.

Considering I have a mental illness, and spiritual abilities - I do question it.  But I can't question it for others within that linear frame.  What I can do, however, is make a general assessment based on what I have seen in the past, what I know about my own past delusions and psychosis, what I have read, accounts from other people, how insane people live vs. healthy people.  What are their backgrounds?  What is their income status?  Do they have a community?  What is their mental illness?

It simply can't be put on a scale like that.

I wouldn't take the example so literally. It's just an example. Any number in a scale also has a .1, .01, .0000001, .2, .000002 and so on. You know what I mean. It doesn't necessarily has to be 3D either.

What does insanity actually mean in Your experience? Note, You are using Your mind as a frame of reference to justify Your beliefs. Experiencing it is another matter.

Edited by karkaore

@Keyhole

I suppose I regard 'insanity' to be closer to meeting an extremely foreign and unknown object within your consciousness that happens to be a closer fit to the divine. Along with some other things. To me, what people term 'insanity' in our culture looks more like what people think is sanity (the finite, ego self) taken to a more extreme degree. Although the two can crisscross and look similar but are different at a fundamental level. 

Edited by Artaemis

13 hours ago, Keyhole said:

If you end up with a missing toe, and grow it back let us know how you did it. :P 

For sure. :) 

I think that if we throw out the idea that insanity exists, then people who need help will not be helped in the right way.

Just recognizing it is an idea, as you said. Not sure what the right way is, or if that is, but helping resonates deeply. 

I've seen people at the psych ward who were in a complete fugue state, I've seen people who were fighting invisible monsters, terrified - completely out of "this" reality.

I think I get what you mean when you say “this” reality, and maybe that is what you can offer. 

Many of these people were homeless and ill, cast out by society - not "shamans" or people who were awakening to some greater spiritual truth.  Sick people who needed help.

I see innocent being who may or may not want help. I see that “I” have no capacity to help, if I see sick people who need help. I’m not implying at all that what resonates for me should resonate for you though. Hope you don’t take it that way.  

After a week on meds, these people were their normal selves.

Not trying to bust balls...but I assume you mean basically, less suffering, more feeling better. That’s “it”. 

It isn't that insanity doesn't exist, it's that we don't have the right tools yet to manage mental illness in an appropriate way.

It get’s difficult to actually define insanity / mental illness. If you care to, feel free to. I’d be interested. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 minute ago, Keyhole said:

I think I get what you mean when you say “this” reality, and maybe that is what you can offer. 

I mean what most people who aren't spiritual and who are neurotypical experience

Sounds like we’re both talking about Truth. 

5 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

It get’s difficult to actually define insanity / mental illness. If you care to, feel free to. I’d be interested. 

I can spot it when it is more severe, but when less so I have a hard time due to having a mixture of mental illness and spiritual awakenings myself, I don't like to define it for others - if I ever do it is usually due to an ego backlash - but in general, to decide where the line is.  I am not qualified for that, but I can offer up my own experiences with it in which insanity was a part of my reality and so I know that it is real.

Can what was be said to be real, now? That, for some, might flirt with a definition of insanity.  Some say it’s reality is a thought, now. Just an interesting contemplation perhaps. It brings to mind the book analogy, and attachment. Truly glad to hear of your healing / healed, feeling better-ness. ??

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

9 hours ago, Keyhole said:

@karkaore I find when people start this dialogue with me that they are coming from an assumptive place as to where I am at spiritually. 

Insanity in my experience is a loss of control over one's life, body and mind.  For me, it culminated about four years ago after a life of stressful people/situations - and who knows what else.  A certain something pushed me over the edge and I could not take care of myself anymore.  I couldn't keep my home clean, I spent all my time sitting on the couch, I slept on the couch, garbage piled up, animal... stuff piled up, dishes and old food covered in mold - it looked like a hoarder had lived there except I barely owned anything.  I was having panic attacks weekly.  I felt like I was going to die.  My mind wouldn't work right, like a million tabs opened up and I had no control over it and so it slowed my processing speed down to nill.  I would talk to myself in public, my affect was so flat people would look at me and have mini panic attacks because of my dull eyes.  I thought a person was talking to me on Facebook who wasn't - a delusion I have to be very mindful of still.  I tried to cut my hair in this state and it came out choppy so I shaved it bald.  I stalked someone.  I flipped out on people online.  Hypersexuality - I'd masturbate for hours just to get my body to stop feeling so insanely horny - it was a nightmare, it would keep me awake for 6 hours.  Sounds became too loud, lights were too bright.  I couldn't even focus when walking around the city.  I would smoke weed and occasionally binge drink to cope with the symptoms because they were unbearable sober.  I could not get my brain to work and no one in my family would help me.

Not fun.  Never again.  Still recovering.  Have come a long way.  I have to be mindful daily of not falling back into that.  Insanity is real.

I am so sorry You had to go through all that. Also am happy You pushed through it! 

Did not mean to judge Your spiritual development.

What You described there, is that actual insanity? Is that the actual definition of it? We must have different things in mind when we talk about "insanity". I did not mean that mental disorders doesn't exist nor have I had in mind that people who has these shouldn't be cared for.

11 hours ago, Keyhole said:

What is your definition when you think of insanity?

Well, now, the thought of insanity is all it is - a thought. I can only conceptualise the experience I've had and it probably would not be as accurate as the experience itself. When I think of insanity now what comes up is losing ones sense of self. This sounds like a classic conception, almost like a fairytale spiritual communities are talking about and stuff. But man... going through that was threatening AF. It was like reality flipped upside down. Right was left, up was down, me was other and that's what felt like going completely insane. I thought I am not coming back from this one.?