TheAvatarState

This Forum (what it actually is)

91 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, SOUL said:

It seems you are conflating personal truth and universal truth. We have our experience, the perception of it that we trust it is what it is and live according to it, this is a personal truth. Although, I cannot say my personal truth is your truth or anyone else's truth because we all have our personal truth.

I guess we can say that we try to align our personal truth with the universal truth but... delusion. Also, universal truth isn't absolute because absolute transcends 'truth', universal truth is what is but absolute isn't limited to what is universal truth, it's 'what is' encompasses more than just universal truth.

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

I don't really see that much benefit in the exercise of explaining the inexplicable

Hmmmm. Tell me, what's this distinction between "personal" and "universal" you're creating? If you are indeed the universe, then what use is this distinction? I agree with you that "universal truth" is but another delusion. The Absolute is..........................................................

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState  The distinction is acknowledging 'what is', this 'what is' of my experience and perspective creates my truth and the 'what is' of my truth isn't everybody's truth or universal truth, it's just my experience. I didn't create it, it just is 'what is'.

Are you suggesting your truth is everyone's truth and universal truth? Or are you playing games with words thinking you are making some mystical point? Explain.

Edited by SOUL

@SOUL What I'm saying is that your "what is" is not separate from universal truth. That is all there is. You have to imagine a universe separate from you to make this distinction. As long as you picture yourself as a being within a universe, you'll be stuck.

5 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Are you suggesting your truth is everyone's truth and universal truth?

Yes. But I don't own truth nor am I an arbiter of truth. There's no "me" here. I'm just acknowledging that my "what is" simply IS that which is the case. Our content is different, but the structure is the same. All distinctions collapse. "Personal" and "universal" collapse. Like I said, if you get caught up in my words you'll be mislead and judge what you think my perception is. But this is only a judgment of yourself.

16 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

The Absolute is..........................................................

I'm not playing word games. To say any more would be a word game. This is infinite Mind. God. I am you and what I see is me. It may seem like I'm contradicting myself from your viewpoint... but that is exactly the nature of what we're dealing with. Remember that you're just reading a dualistic translation on a screen. Stop trying. 

"I" am just a collection of words and images in your mind. The Mind. You're imagining me. You're playing with an idea that you conceptualize as a separate "human being." Intuit that.

But of course you're going to say, "But what now? That doesn't make any sense, isn't that all just a word game?" EXACTLY! Marinate in that. This was sure fun but it had to come to an end at some point ;) To conceptualize this shit any further is a distraction. That's my only message to you.   

Sent from my iEgo

47 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

What I'm saying is that your "what is" is not separate from universal truth. That is all there is. You have to imagine a universe separate from you to make this distinction. As long as you picture yourself as a being within a universe, you'll be stuck.

I didn't write 'universal truth' is separate from 'what is', reread what I wrote and become aware of what it is. Our truth, universal truth and absolute, all of which is 'what is'. The holistic 'all' of it includes the infinite facets and the whole in unity,

As long as you think others are stuck because they have differing perspective your belief is others are stuck because they don't share your perspective but it's only in your imagination they are stuck and not necessarily that they are stuck.

1 hour ago, TheAvatarState said:

Yes. But I don't own truth nor am I an arbiter of truth. There's no "me" here.

I'm completely aware of no-self mindset but you've been exhibiting plenty of selfiness in here. You logged in and keep replying...that's what is.

I'm not sure who you think you are talking to but you are still doing it and according to no-self perspective no-self is accusing no-self of judging no-self...why is no-self doing that?

if you get caught up in my words you'll be mislead and judge what you think my perception is. But this is only a judgment of yourself.

Oh the selfiness....do I need to go through the 'if you believe something it's only your belief but not what is' thing again? Yes, distinctions collapse alright yet 'what is' does not conform to our belief, we create our 'reality' because our imagination creates our perception of it.

It may seem like I'm contradicting myself from your viewpoint... but that is exactly the nature of what we're dealing with. Remember that you're just reading a dualistic translation on a screen. Stop trying.

No-self believes no-self is contradicting no-self but remember no-self is just reading a dualistic translation on a screen. No-self should stop trying to believe that.

Your belief isn't 'what is', it's what you believe it is.

It is simple. As we all operate in a dualistic manner, each of us will always be a devil / a little bit or more will be full of shit / but the path to it requires a little more 'work'. And then there are less dual wars but more forbearance and compassion.

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

I'm not sure who you think you are talking to

Ah. Instead of volleying this negative energy back and forth, I choose to leave you with a helpful tip. Not to point fingers at all, but I say this with love because it was an insight I had from studying myself and others. 

The first person to call another "selfish," "arrogant," or any other negative term like that in conversation, is exactly that himself. A self-less person does not need to point out the selfishness in others, for he knows that that selfish person would project that label right back onto him. It's not helpful and isn't true to himself and the light he sees in others. See, I noticed that when called another selfish, that came from a place of selfishness and arrogance. It's up to you whether you want to reflect or project. Peace ✌️

Sent from my iEgo

I thought / in connection with this thread / that there should be a section in this forum 'documenting' feedback from users regarding their development / growth which they have made in connection with Leo's teachings. 

Edited by tedens

7 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

Ah. Instead of volleying this negative energy back and forth, I choose to leave you with a helpful tip. Not to point fingers at all, but I say this with love because it was an insight I had from studying myself and others. 

The first person to call another "selfish," "arrogant," or any other negative term like that in conversation, is exactly that himself.

I wrote selfiness, not selfishness, as in self-iness, a word I was using for a 'self' like appearance, not the selfishness of common usage. There is no one here, the negative energy imagined you feel is from imagined others that aren't really there.

Why believe there is someone else who is doing this to you? Transcend that belief.

You are leaving a helpful insight with your self...or should I say with no self about the energy you perceive and believe exists is in imagination but not necessarily where it is imagined to be. No you studies your no self.

So it's with you, for you and expressed through you...all the no yous.

I still don't know who you think you are talking to but it is the imagination in no self to no self and anything you experience is no self perceiving. So the first person to point the finger is no self at no self.

Why does no self do that?

Hah...

Edited by SOUL

6 hours ago, tedens said:

I thought / in connection with this thread / that there should be a section in this forum 'documenting' feedback from users regarding their development / growth which they have made in connection with Leo's teachings.

I really like this idea. A place to share insights directly related to a personal growth you had. There is some of that scattered around, but this would sure make a powerful subforum. :D

Sent from my iEgo

23 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

Truth is subjective.

There is no subject / object in a non-dual state of consciousness.  There is no subject to interpret the Absolute.  The Absolute just is itself.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

The subjectivity is in our experience of our spiritual life, how we perceive it is specifically attuned to our perspective and doesn't necessarily map exactly on anyone elses.

The forum can be a place where we can explore our spiritual life with like minded people even if there is a diversity in how we express our path.