TruthandPurpose

I put Leo in my short film

45 posts in this topic

Wow, thank you so much @Serotoninluv!

I'm considering going down this path, but I'm not sure if making movies/documentaries leads to the impact I wanna create.

I think I want to evolve the consciousness of mankind and isn't knowledge (books, videos with more information) necessary to do that?

Its really good,keep on making inspiring Art.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

On 3/10/2020 at 6:05 PM, TruthandPurpose said:

I think I want to evolve the consciousness of mankind and isn't knowledge (books, videos with more information) necessary to do that?

This is just what is appearing in me right now. There are many views.

I'm trained as a cellular biologist. From 22y.o. to 45y.o., my life was dedicated to learning, researching and teaching cellular biology and genetics. So, to me "knowledge" was about how genes, proteins etc. work. There are many different models I studied, learned and created. This is the common understanding of "knowledge". We could extend this to include knowledge about societies, psychology, literature, history, philosophy etc. This type of knowledge has value. If you want to evolve the consciousness of mankind, you will need to have a certain amount of this form of knowledge. In terms of SD theory, this is stage Orange - and it can be very healthy and important.

As we evolve our consciousness, new forms of "knowing" arise. For example, I'm unable to create the video you did. I know how to use a video camera and how to edit, yet I don't have the form of creative "knowing" that you do. Someone did not show you how to do every second of that video. There were times when you "just knew". We can call it creative knowing or intuitive knowing. For example, the part with the golden moon in the background with people walking around produced an emotion in me. How did you "know" to create that? Where did you read that at 4min.13sec. in the video you should put that segment in? How did you "know" to use your facial expressions? How did you "know" not to say a single word? . . . For some of these questions you might think "I don't know. I just knew". . . That is an important type of "knowing" for one's own development  and communicating that to others. 

Learning about other people's knowing is great. I love to learn about what others have created. Yet you also have an "internal" form of knowing. Yet it's not like "I know what I'm talking about. I am right and you are wrong". It's not that type of knowledge. You get to create "knowledge" from within, just like all the geniuses that have ever lived. Just as you are learning about knowledge others have created, there will come a day when others are learning about knowledge you created. At first, it seems like "knowledge" is all external to you.

As you evolve, go deeper and expand - more "knowledge" will be revealed internally. However, ime if I want to explore this, I don't get to take ownership of it. It is something beyond "me". For example, I will walk in nature and create all sorts of models that integrate personal, social and collective consciousness. Sometimes people will ask "Where did you read that? Who wrote that?". I'll pause. . . From nobody. It just appeared. Yet if I try to take ownership of it and think "I created that myself. I am highly evolved." - it blocks future insights, creativity and spontaneous knowledge from arising.

If you want to raise consciousness of mankind. I would consider how you might express this. I would trust my intuition. I would observe: "What is my natural abilities of conceptualizing, creating, learning, expressing etc.". For me, I thought knowing and being intelligent was about knowing lots of things - lots of facts. Yet I later learned that I suck at that. It's not how my mind and spirit work. My mind is naturally oriented toward abstract thinking and I wasted thousands of hours trying to memorize facts and force my mind to function in a way that it doesn't naturally function, 

Some people help raise consciousness by writing books, others by speaking in videos, others by having one-one-one discussions, others by making film. If you desire, you can express consciousness through film (or other methods). Many films implicitly raise someone's subconscious to conscious awareness. This can be deeper than explicitly telling someone. For example, the film "Crash" had a big impact on me. As I watched the movie, I wanted to categorize the characters as the "good guys" and "bad guys". Yet each character had both an ugly and beautiful side. There would be a "bad guy" that abused another that I hated, yet later the same person would be so beautiful he brought me to tears and I loved him. Each character was so complex with aspects of both "good" and "bad". This raised my consciousness and my relationships with people changed. I never saw people the same after that movie.. . . I had read a lot about how people are a mix of good and bad. I analyzed and theorized it. I had a certain knowledge. . . Yet this knowledge was incomplete. The movie Crash never explicitly said "Each person is both ugly and beautiful". The movie did so implicitly and never said so. It brought out emotion in me. I connected with the characters. I felt anger, disgust, empathy, sorrow and love for each of the characters. This is a different form of knowledge and it can go very deep. . .

This is one reason I liked your video so much. You didn't say one single word. You never told us anything. You showed us. You didn't communicate through theory and analysis, you communicated through beingness. . . You could have created a 9min. video in which you sat in front of the camera, told your story and explained to us who you are. There would be a certain form of knowing who you are from that. . . Instead, you showed us who you are nonverbally. To me, there was a feeling of vulnerability and genuineness. There was an essence that was undisturbed by any thoughts or words from you. Here, there is also a form of knowing who you are. In a way, it feels like I know something about your essence.

Another thought, I get the sense that you have a sense of curiosity. I've found curiosity to be one of the most important traits for the evolution of consciousness. Curiosity and exploration. 

During your video when Leo said, “remember something that really gave you that feeling of inspiration and creativity” i instantly thought of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and to hear the intro to that album at the end of your vid, so trippy and inspiring.

great vid bro!

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."

-Nikola Tesla

wow, really touched me !

the ending was brilliant

@Serotoninluv Thank you so much for this wonderful comment! (Sorry, due to having been ill I'm responding only now. :) )

It's very interesting to me how you differenciate between different kinds of knowledge, intuitive and traditional.

If I understand these terms corretly then for me it is more pleasant to think more intuitively rather all logical, being only in my mind. Therefore you articulated something I sensed being true for myself for a long time:

On 12.3.2020 at 11:51 PM, Serotoninluv said:

My mind is naturally oriented toward abstract thinking and I wasted thousands of hours trying to memorize facts and force my mind to function in a way that it doesn't naturally function, 

But I have doubts: how do you know what you can trust? Can you trust your logical mind? The feeling of something being true? Your intuition?

For example, I will walk in nature and create all sorts of models that integrate personal, social and collective consciousness. Sometimes people will ask "Where did you read that? Who wrote that?". I'll pause. . . From nobody. It just appeared.

How can someone be sure that those models that come naturally are true?

What you said about my movie was very beautiful, thank you! :) Also what you said about the movie Crash. Yeah, I think it's true that sometimes we learn in other ways than directly saying something. However, I still have my doubt. Leo's work and book have influenced me more than movies. They made me more of a better person. I don't know if movies have that much of an impact. I think knowledge is better in that regard. But maybe movies create an opening, the first impulse that changes someones view and pursuing knowledge comes after that? But maybe I'm too neurotic about trying to change the world. ;/

Maybe I should just look for what I'm best at and most interested in and therefore I will create the most impact. I can't be really good at something that doesn't feel natural to me.

I'm also considering making documentaries, combining knowledge and art. Traditional and intuitive knowing. Intellect and emotions.

Another thought, I get the sense that you have a sense of curiosity.

Yes, I am very curious, how did you know that? :D Curiosity is one of my top strengths.

I almost want Leo to get trendy, kind of like Alan Watts.

@Vladz0r Yeah that would be great :) But I don't think it'll happen because Leo is more informative while Alan Watts is more of a poet.

6 hours ago, TruthandPurpose said:

@Serotoninluv

But I have doubts: how do you know what you can trust? Can you trust your logical mind? The feeling of something being true? Your intuition?

How can someone be sure that those models that come naturally are true?

What is trust and truth?

How do you know if you can trust a birdsong? How do you know if the taste of an apple is true?

All the models I create are like sandcastles. They have what some call "relative truth", yet ultimately they all wash back into the ocean. A wonderful interplay between form and formless.

@Serotoninluv

Leo's work and book have influenced me more than movies. They made me more of a better person. I don't know if movies have that much of an impact. I think knowledge is better in that regard. But maybe movies create an opening, the first impulse that changes someones view and pursuing knowledge comes after that? But maybe I'm too neurotic about trying to change the world. ;/

I would consider Leo's videos to be movies, just a different form of movie. That type of expression can be effective. Perhaps your mode of expression is similar, or you could create your own novel form of expression. You could integrate what you like about Leo's form with other forms of you like. Is not creativity a transformation of previous form into novel form?

@Serotoninluv

I'm also considering making documentaries, combining knowledge and art. Traditional and intuitive knowing. Intellect and emotions.

I'm a sucker for anything integrated. It's how my mind works. 

@Serotoninluv Curiosity is one of my top strengths.

If I could only pack four items for a journey, curiosity would be one of them. 

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

What is trust and truth?

Great question to contemplate.

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

You could integrate what you like about Leo's form with other forms of you like.

Yes! Nice idea!

4 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I'm a sucker for anything integrated.

Ohh me too! 

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

It's how my mind works.

How exactly do you mean that? How did you discover that?

8 hours ago, TruthandPurpose said:

(Sorry, due to having been ill I'm responding only now. :) )

CORONAVIRUS!

I'm sorry lol! Marking this thread for later :D

It's Love.

Great film. I loved the moon shot - how did you achieve that?