Chakra Lion

How do you Justify consuming Animal Products?

210 posts in this topic

@Harikrishnan Yes, I mean most of these stories are passed down from thousands of years ago so both mine and yours could be untrue but the message is very clear in both of them and in Ramana's picture you showed. 

Yeah, I don't preach, my whole family eats meat, as do all my friends and my GF and her family, I am very grateful they serve me Vegan food when I am round and am grateful for my mum understanding my decision to go Vegan, originally it was for Acne + Ethics, now it is, as I see it, a way of living the understanding in the realm of consuming food. 

When you do go vegan, just make sure to do your research, eat a well balanced Plant-Based diet and supplement with B12, you live in India I'm guessing so probably won't need vitamin D3 as I do over here in the UK! 

Anyways have a great day. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

On 08/03/2020 at 11:11 AM, Chakra Lion said:

Tell me what you think? How do you justify buying animal products? How could you think you are connected to the source, when you are killing the source?  

Judgement and criticism are generally unhelpful methods in attempting to change others. If you understand universal law then you understand everything is as it should be and there is no need to waste energy resenting other people's choices. 

The better question is, to what extent can you lift up humanity with your own thoughts and, by extension, your behaviour? 

It is impossible to kill the source. 

On 08/03/2020 at 5:43 PM, Serotoninluv said:

yet how would this reduce the amount of suffering I am contributing to?

From a certain perspective, driving a car is also contributing to suffering. As we are emitting known carcinogens into the atmosphere for people and animals to breathe.

I see that eating meat is different, because it is more practical to give up meat than it is to give up driving.

I personally don't eat much meat... I don't like the way that the flesh stays in my stomach. I can almost feel my body processing suffering.

My Dad occassionally brings back wild caught fish from his fishing trips.

I don't feel very guilty eating these fish.

My point is that the lines are blurry. I think it's possible to consume some meat in a sustainable way, without feeling super bad about it.

Although it may be correct that eating meat is directly contributing to evil (especially considering how disgusting factory farming is), I don't know if taking a position that demonizes people who choose to eat meat is very helpful. (Kind of like what I am sensing from @Chakra Lion)

The way I see it, the only way that we get humanity as a whole to eat less meat would be to realize that each person is on their own level of consciousness. And that veganism only arises when the mind is psychologically and spiritual developed to a certain degree.

A spiritual master who eats meat is actually contributing way more to the abolition of factory farming because he is directly contributing to the raising of consciousness of the masses.

In a weird way, if you are vegan, but you are not directly contributing to the awakening of the whole of humanity in a meaningful way. You are still ultimately responsible for the evil of factory farming. 

So, worrying about who does and doesn't eat meat is a less effective means of abolishing factory farming than worrying about how to awaken the shit out of yourself. And then how to help other humans do it to.

Hope you understand my perspective.

Cheers

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

5 hours ago, Mo0ngrass said:

Judgement and criticism are generally unhelpful methods in attempting to change others. If you understand universal law then you understand everything is as it should be and there is no need to waste energy resenting other people's choices. 

The better question is, to what extent can you lift up humanity with your own thoughts and, by extension, your behaviour? 

It is impossible to kill the source. 

@Mo0ngrass @Adam M I agree with you both totally. Judging and resenting others for their own choices is useless. But those are also reactions people have from reading something that questions their ego. Passion is easy to grow momentum and completely overtake a persons POV, becoming a very one sided perspective. Sometimes courage can make one really idiotic. I will remember to keep my head.

I did not mean to demonize, only questioning why a certain action is continued. Reading statements that cause my thoughts and rational to collide is very helpful in awakening. That’s all I was trying to do. Of course this is from my POV, reflecting what I’m passionate about, and where I’m at in life. Just like the argument that we are not killing the source or it’s an illusion. That is your POV, and in this discussion seems like a quick dismissal to not work on a certain topic. But this is a forum about actualizing and people are at different levels. Some live in a dream and some are awake. Either stage is ahead of the other and lacking behind. It’s all about balancing both stages, knowing infinite love will never die, but knowing infinite love is living in the very source you put your energy on. 

Peace & Love ❤️ 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

7 hours ago, Adam M said:

From a certain perspective, driving a car is also contributing to suffering. As we are emitting known carcinogens into the atmosphere for people and animals to breathe.

This gets into degrees, inputs of causation and responsibility - which gets very nuanced. Ultimately, everything is interconnected as One and there is no thing causing another thing. Yet this isn't very practical in a relative world. In a relative context, I want to be mindful of the impact of my actions on other beings. In the context of harm causation, my mind can be very sneaky to avoid looking at certain things it doesn't want to look at. 

@Chakra Lion I apologise if I have unknowingly pushed my ego thoughts onto you. I intended to come from a place of no ego in a thought provoking way that helped you to redirect your well intended energy inwards. 

I don't justify it. I am aware of the suffering it causes. I am not a hypocrite. 

I was a vegan for 4 years. And I used to have a feeling of moral superiority over people who eat meat. 

one day this will all be memories

You cannot justify it. All you can do is admit you are lazy, oblivious to the suffering it causes, or that you simply do not care. These 3 things are ( in a nutshell) the only reasons people continue to consume animal products.

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

Time-stamped. About the efficacy of the confrontational approach.

Glory to Israel