dude

From Boy To Beast

224 posts in this topic

YoutubeBanner_TechMike.png

Current Stage: Orange.

Impact Statement: Create applications that re-align people with their deepest truths.

Top 3 Value's:   1. Courage   2. Personal Growth   3. Independence

Habits:

• 6'o clock dayz (w. morning routine)
  • Meditation (20 min)
  • Gym (Mon, Wen, Fri)

Goals: 

• Create online business

Welcome to my actualization journal. So here's the deal, I have a big summer vacation before me and a lot of free time. So I'm going to focus myself on setting up some habits and reaching some goals this summer. Every day I color the habits green for the one's that are completed red for the one's that failed. After I completed 7 days straight green I add a habit.

Today I woke up at 10 o'clock and prepared some things for my business (Bought some wood glue and prepared things for tomorrow). After that I wrote a little bit in my other topic about my reading insights. Then I watched Leo's video about awareness, went to the gym with my buddy's and ate. After my dinner I made a profile on UpWork to maybe make some money online with my video editing skills. Tomorrow I'm going to make a product for my business.

- The Dude

@dude  If you're going to have a lot of free time, I recommend you prioritize meditation and awareness as your most valued habit if you really want your time to feel well spent.

Edited by Extreme Z7

@Extreme Z7 Thanks for reminding me ^^ , I see how important awareness actually is for creating habits so I am meditating for 1 hour. Do you recommend any type's, I think I will use strong determination sitting with observer (going meta on the voice).

Online Business:

I'm going to make a business about making longboards. Been making my own longboards for over a year and there are a lot tips and things I know. So why not help some people out.

• Green - Completed
  • Blue - Started

The Steps:

• Make product 1
    • Get everything to make the longboard
    • Make photos of creation process
    • Make checklist
    • Write book
    • Merge book with the photo's
    • Check list and book to PDF
  • Make value giving articles
    • Article 1
    • Article 2
    • Article 3
  • Make website
    • Buy hosting
    • Buy domain
    • Connect domain to host
    • Install WordPress
    • Customize WordPress
    • Write landing page
  • Make visuals
    • Make Logo
    • Make Banner
    • Make pictures
  • Make email list
    • Install plugin
    • Get email system
    • Write first value giving email
    • Write second value giving email
  • Product on site
    • Write sales
    • Get PayPal payment options
    • FTP tool
  • Marketing
    • Setup pay per click advertising
    • Setup YouTube account
    • Setup Facebook
  • Make product 2
    • Get my buddy to work with me
    • Get a good camera
    • Get all the tools
    • Checklist
    • Video production
    • Write book

@dude Personally for me, I find that my best meditation comes from doing double the time I would normally do meditation. I would normally do 1 hour but for the past week, I've been trying to get myself to do two 1 hours meditation sessions per day and I've felt a significant increase in life satisfaction. Although, granted, I've also been removing a lot of unnecessary habits that I don't want anymore so I've been having more free time lately.

As for meditation techniques, my favorite technique to raise awareness is very simple. I learned this from Rupert Spira. Just notice that experience is happening. That's it. Existence exists, don't try to comprehend it, don't try to understand or explain it, just notice that it's there.

Habits:

• 6'o clock dayz (w. morning routine) 6:03 exact
  • Meditation (20 min) 25 min exact
  • Gym (Mon, Wen, Fri)

Goals: 

• Create online business

Bzzzzzzzz

That moment when your in your strong determination sit for 25 minutes and a mosquito lands on your face.. Yhea I tried to kill em but he got away. Well maybe tomorrow I will reach my one hour goal. I also did my longboard in the press with the glue so it has to dry for 24 hours, I took some nice pictures of it. I also bought a domain name makealongboard.com and added a WordPress theme. Tomorrow I will add some sexy text and photos. Dinner was fantastic I cooked chicken put it in a wrap with tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber and sweet chili sauce.  I watched a movie and a video about the internet of things. Waking up early is awesome you get so much done before 12 o'clock your like a machine. Ho and I also did some job proposals on UpWork.

Good Night, Pray for the mosquito to stay away.

- The Dude

Online Business:

I'm going to make a business about making longboards. Been making my own longboards for over a year and there are a lot tips and things I know. So why not help some people out.

• Green - Completed
  • Blue - Started

The Steps:

• Make product 1
    • Get everything to make the longboard
    • Make photos of creation process
    • Make checklist
    • Write book
    • Merge book with the photo's
    • Check list and book to PDF
  • Make value giving articles
    • Article 1
    • Article 2
    • Article 3
  • Make website
    • Buy hosting
    • Buy domain
    • Connect domain to host
    • Install WordPress
    • Customize WordPress
    • Write landing page
  • Make visuals
    • Make Logo
    • Make Banner
    • Make pictures
  • Make email list
    • Install plugin
    • Get email system
    • Write first value giving email
    • Write second value giving email
  • Product on site
    • Write sales
    • Get PayPal payment options
    • FTP tool
  • Marketing
    • Setup pay per click advertising
    • Setup YouTube account
    • Setup Facebook
  • Make product 2
    • Get my buddy to work with me
    • Get a good camera
    • Get all the tools
    • Checklist
    • Video production
    • Write book

My longboard has to dry now:

P6230644.JPG

Edited by dude

Productive Day

Habits:

• 6'o clock dayz (w. morning routine) 6:02 exact
  • Meditation (20 min) 20 min exact
  • Gym (Mon, Wen, Fri)

Goals: 

• Create online business

I woke up wrote a post on my readings in the Pimping Oneself topic. Then made the website look really good, http://makealongboard.com/. The I went to school, got there but there was some bad news I have to redo a lot of programming so that slows down my business tasks. Then I came back to my house. Worked on a logo for the site, and did some thinking. Then I realized again that the only thing that matters is how I see myself not how people see me. Now I'm going to eat, meditate, gym and then go out to a party so that's why I'm writing this now.

- The Dude

Rehabilitation

Habits: 3 day streak

• Gym (Mon, Wen, Fri)

Goals: 

• Create online business
  • NEW! No alcohol

Today was a slow and painfull day. I had a hangover... So I went to sleep at 4 and woke up at 7:20 (I had to be at work at 7). My boss called me I had a massive headache went to work till 12. Slept untill 5 ate watched a movie and meditated 20 minutes. I also introduced a new color blue. I turn a habit blue when I didnt have to do it. In the weekend I take a break from 6'o clock dayz because of my late nights and I have to work at 7. This way I graduately get the habit and don't snap back into old habits.

- The Dude

PS, Yesterday I did go to the gym but after my post so it is blue I can not edit the post so just imagine the green

Edited by dude

Mastery

Habits: 4 day streak

• Gym (Mon, Wen, Fri)

Goals: 

• Create online business
  • No alcohol

Did work till 11, then fine-tuned my board for 5 hours freaking mastery shit while doing that listened to the book the charisma myth. Then I ate did some chores and actually stepped on a longboard again and remembered how good the flow state is while learning new tricks freaking deliberate practice at play again. You really get a feel for the mastery process while learning a new trick. You fail a 50 times land it once fail 40 times land it twice in a row and then you fail infinitely lol. Most of the times when you step on the board the next day you can do the trick after trying 10 times. It's really weird that the same pattern happens over and over again.

- The Dude

DAMN!

Habits: 1 day streak

• Gym (Mon, Wen, Fri)

Goals: 

• Create online business
  • No alcohol: this a real problem right here <<

Wake and bake, wait wrong line... Woke up 9 o'clock, I need to say no more. Every time I say yes when someone asks me if I want to chill. The chilling part is not the problem but the next day I'm exhausted from the alcohol and the late night. After I woke up went to school to work on my project with my group did a lot of programming work from 10:00 to 16:00. Eat, gym and chill now I'm here 02:00. Yhea 6'o clock is not going to work. Tomorrow write a new post on my book topic and write some content for my site. Also got to learn somethings for school. Now I'm going to meditate and sleep.

- The Dude

^ This îs my late night song ^

Birthday

• Gym (Mon, Wen, Fri)

Goals: 

• Create online business
  • No alcohol

Not my birthday tho my sisters. Woke up really fucking late I got 9 hours of sleep from 3 to 12. Still I notice that my motivation goes down when I don't wake up early. In Holland we have the saying: A good begin is half of the work. That means a bad begin also has a big impact on my day. I need to get a schedule so I wake up on time. This way I'm more productive. I tried to work but got distracted a good way to pull myself back I noticed is that I just say NOW WORK 1 HOUR. After 1 hour take 1 hour rest and then 1 hour go hard again. With this technique I did make some content for my website. Then ate and did birthday things. I will try to stay more present so I can gradually change my behavior because when I try to go hard I snapback within a week.

- The Dude

Sick

• 6'o clock dayz (w. morning routine) woke up 6:45
  • Meditation (20 min) 
  • Gym (Mon, Wen, Fri) Decided to skip because headache.

Goals: 

• Create online business
  • No alcohol

I worked from 7 till twelve then worked on my website. Had a headache and cold the whole time, it sucked no energy to do anything so I just watched a movie. Ate and worked for my mom for an hour now I'm going to meditate and read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. It's a really interesting book. I find it quite amazing how good I held myself to my meditation. I just sit before I sleep even if its late. Maybe I should try meditating in the morning and see how it affects my day.

- The Dude

Edited by dude

Climbing

• 6'o clock dayz (w. morning routine) woke up 6:01
  • Meditation (20 min) 
  • Gym (Mon, Wen, Fri) Decided to skip because headache.

Goals: 

• Create online business
  • No alcohol

Woke up read The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective people. Made some eggs and bacon and went to school to work on my project. It's now done we have a fully functioning database and program. Now I only need to nail 1 test and then I will have done my fist year with honors 'cum laude'. Then I went home, cooked and went climbing indoors. I can now climb 5c and that's quite good I started at 5a three months ago. When your climbing you really get into a flow state you fall out the wall and reexamine how you should climb and try again. This is a approach I also should use for life. I call it going meta on life. Now I will meditate and sleep :)

- The Dude

The climbing scale in Holland is 4, 5a, 5b, 5c, 6a, 6b, 6c, 7a ..... and then you can also have 5c+ witch is just a little harder.

Revamp

8 Hour's of sleep - Sometimes I go to bed late because of my schedule so I changed it to 8 hours of sleep instead of 6'o clock days so I can get enough sleep. I will still try to go to bed in time. So 10 o'clock than I can rise at 6 again. Today went to bed around 1 o clock and woke up around 9.

Meditation (20 min) - I was in the zone and realized that maybe I could meditate in the morning and mid day because I get re-centered and see clearly what's important and what's bullshit. So that will boost my productivity.

Gym (Mon, Wen, Fri) - Have a big exam in two days and do not have a lot of time so decided to skip this. I also surfed witch is quite intensive.

Goals: 

• Create online business
  • No alcohol

Revamped the system a bit, I will talk about the habits and how they come along and in this section I will talk about my goals and how they come along. Had a great day surfed in the morning for the first time. I did great the first wave and I just jumped straight on the board and surfed it out. Then came home and studied.

- The Dude

Revamp

8 Hour's of sleep - went to bed at 11 woke up at 7 for work

Meditation (20 min) - alcohol meditation...

Gym (Mon, Wen, Fri)

Goals: 

• Create online business
  • No alcohol << Damn

Work, too much YouTube, Learn, Party, Meditate, repeat. without the YouTube and party :)

- The Dude

Sunday

8 Hour's of sleep - went to bed at 4:30 woke up at 13:30

Meditation (20 min) - I think I'm going to switch it up from do nothing to another technique. Concentrating on awareness works better for me.

Gym (Mon, Wen, Fri)

Goals: 

• Create online business
  • No alcohol

I fucking wasted my whole day on bullshit. Tried to learn but I always get distracted so I'm going to make a schedule for tomorrow. Leo's video was just what I needed for my new business. When I work for myself I do the work when I have to learn for school I procrastinate.

• 7:00 - Wake Up, Tea, Read
  • 7:30 - Learn
  • 8:00 - 10 min meditate
  • 8:30 - Learn
  • 9:00 - Eat, go to gym
  • 10:30 - Learn
  • 11:30 - 10 min meditate
  • 12:30 - Eat
  • 13:00 - Learn
  • 14:00 - 10 min meditate
  • 15:00 - Learn
  • 15:30 - Driving lesson
  • 17:00 - Learn
  • 18:00 - Eat
  • 19:00 - Meditate
  • 19:30 - Watch documentary or Read
  • 22:00 - Sleep

I am going to use this schedule tomorrow I will report back.

- The Dude

ERROR

8 Hour's of sleep - went to bed at 23:00 woke up at 7:00

Meditation (20 min) - I switched techniques to mindfulness cycles from leo's vid, I did 30 minutes first 10 and the 20 min.

Gym (Mon, Wen, Fri) - Changed from two muscle groups per day to full-body workout

Goals: 

• Create online business
  • No alcohol

There was a error yesterday with the site so I updated it today. Recap on my schedule.

• 7:00 - Wake Up, Tea, Read
  • 7:30 - Learn
  • 8:00 - 10 min meditate
  • 8:30 - Learn
  • 9:00 - Eat, go to gym
  • 10:30 - watched leo's vid on mindfullness
  • 11:30 - 10 min meditate - 20 min
  • 12:30 - Eat
  • 13:00 - Learn
  • 14:00 - 10 min meditate
  • 15:00 - Learn
  • 15:30 - Driving lesson
  • 17:00 - Learn
  • 18:00 - Eat
  • 19:00 - Meditate
  • 19:30 - Watch documentary or Read
  • 22:00 - Sleep

I love your methodical approach to setting goals and planning. I guess that is because I like planning, schedules and schemes myself although in my experience very strict schedule for the day creates a lot of tension and does not really give adequate results, however, if it works for you that is great.  One more thing that I can say for sure is that your journal has a new follower. Good luck !

@Darste Hey darste thanks for the positive feedback! Yhea a lot of the times if I don't make a schedule I end up doing nothing. I am slowly realizing that. I also saw your journal from the looks of it we have a lot in common.