dude

From Boy To Beast

224 posts in this topic

DaytoDay

Habit Streak (1):

• Wake at 7

Woke at 7, went to school the whole day. Nothing really interesting going on. Just another day in the rat-race.

DaytoDay

Habit Streak (2):

• Wake at 7

Woke at 7, worked the whole day. Nothing really interesting going on. Just another day in the rat-race.

Then I came home didn't have the motivation to do anything so watched a leo video on neurosis and came out with this interesting list:

1. Can’t get out of bed
  2. Always want music
  3. Always want to look good
  4. Want people to like me and be cool
  5. can’t finish what I start

These are my top 5 neurosis, I have reduced most of them while doing inner work but they still remain.

DaytoDay

Habit Streak (2):

• Wake at 7

Woke at 7, worked the whole day. Nothing really interesting going on. Just another day in the rat-race.

Feeling discomfort towards society and how we structured this world, feeling like I need to understand this more.

Resistance

Habit Streak (1):

• Meditation (30 min)

Looking back I can see that my whole day I was busy resisting what I actually needed to do. Straight war of art type shit. I just resisted making my art today because I am still scared because I don't think I'm any good yet. So I played some games and watched youtube. shitted my whole day away. The only thing I did was update my work application brief. I need to find an internship for school.

DayToDay

Habit Streak (2):

• Meditation (30 min)

Woke up and applied for some internships. One called me two hours later so I have a meeting on Friday. I'm in a analytical rut again.

Saw the new Elon Musk interview on ted, straight up inspiration:

DayToDay

So I got myself an internship, quite cool to see a big corporate building from the inside the first time. Started school again and worked on that. And realized that Leo is just telling me to stop everything I'm doing and only do consciousness work. Well I want to do it but first I need to fullfill my orange needs. Get some money and go hermit vanning, yes that is still the plan. Already worked out the money so managing that currently and working as much as possible

Guess who's back

Wake at 5:15: 1

Animate: 2

Edited by dude

Guess who's not back

Reading a lot lately in the bus (have to commute 4 hours per day O_O ). Almost done with reading the book of nothingness, it is so profound. I now get where a lot of the content leo generates come's from. All the topics discussed in the book can be contemplated by yourself and there would be endless content. Genereting some content for myself too :) I got so many idea's for video's I'm now doing a course for SEO and ranking in youtube so I hope that will give me some actual traction for creating video's that actually get watched.

I really don't have a lot of free time, about 4 hours per day where I need to eat, shower and keep my social connections up. I'm quite amazed at the fact that I could still produce this video. Here it is hope you watch it and tell me what I can do better in the comment's thanks!

Not Knowing

Wow almost done reading the book of not knowing and the exercises in it are just simply said Mind Blowing. He has a guide on contemplation which is quite amazing.

Also a note to self is when actually writing down or articulating a concept to yourself or to somebody else it really really forces you to understand it yourself. So actually writing about the thinks I read really helps articulate it in my own words and I remember it way better and clearer. When you just assume you got it, you don't really got it bro.

Re-read mastery

Key 1: Teachers. When starting out teacher's help a lot. A self-thought individuals runs the possibility of reinventing the wheel and learning bad habits. When choosing a teacher hold these rules in mind:

• Look at credentials
  • Look at the amount of positive and negative feedback
  • Look at his patience with beginners

To master the teaching of slow learners is to master the thinh that your teaching to the minute detail.

Key2: the master of any game, is a master of practice. He eats practice for breakfast, lunch and dinner and he loves it. You need to learn to love your practice. Then you get better and this in turn makes you love it even more.

Key3: surrender to the path. Sometimes you need to surrender your hard won proficiencys to go to the next level. There are no experts there are only learners. its a journey, when you could see the end you won't even start.

Key4: intentionality, vision fuels a master on his jouney.

Key5: the edge, the hard thing is not just to push the envelope but also to walk the fine line of endless goalless practice and achieving your goals.

Edited by dude
Title

Concentration Of Focus

Started a new book, How to think like Leonardo Da Vinci. Really inspiring how one guy can do so much groundbreaking action in different fields. Then I just thought I could be able to do both film and programming. But quickly had to get myself out of that shit. It is always when I start thinking like that that I fall off one or the other. Currently on my free time only need to focus on film. 8 hours a day I already do programming that's enough if I would start making blog posts about that and stuff I would have way too little time.

Now a days there is so much information and so much free time that a lot of fields are over-saturated. You can't be groundbreaking in everything in today's world. You have to concentrate your focus to blink out of the masses.

Now that I have more experience with my own trick I know how it works better so I know where I am doomed too fail. Try to take on too much, can't do it all and then fall of and do nothing.

Fuck School

I just want to quit school and go for my film making stuff full time gosh..

Realized that it is key to first do your art and then do any other stuff you have to do like marketing for your business otherwise you will never come around to the art. You will be constantly distracting yourself with "Important stuff" and not making art. 

When you make the barrier to entry low your more prone to start.

So I did this:

Background.png

Edited by dude
Spelling

The Big Leap

The big leap is a great book for understanding self-sabotage.

My days look like this:

• 6:00 - Wake-up
  • 6:10 - Take the bus (ALWAYS READ AT LEAST 1 CHAPTER IN THE BUS)
  • 8:00 - Arrive at internship
  • 13:00 - Fuck me and my internship I don't want to do this the rest of my life....
  • 17:00 - Take bus back (ALWAYS READ AT LEAST 1 CHAPTER IN THE BUS)
  • 19:00 - Eat
  • 19:30 - Animate video's (Completed another one today, yay for me!)
  • 21:00 - Either internet-marketing, more reading, meditating or yournaling. (I sometime's treat myself with a movie.)
  • 22:30/23:00 - Sleep

I finally know how it feels to grind.

That is 4 hour's of reading per day B|, Gang Gang. Read The Book Of Not Knowing (581 pages of dense deep text) in 2 weeks.

I need more meditation and contemplation. One bus ride will be Meditation/Contemplation from now on.

I don't know if it's possible to write in someone's journal. If I can't I will just delete my message or ask a moderator to delete it.

I did not read all your pages. Just your last 3 posts. I have the feeling to see myself when I was still stuying (I got a diploma in applied maths & computing / I was fed up of it at the time / I was loving to travel and do arts and painting). I will follow your journey, Dude! Never stop to think, write your feeling, and set goals. You are on the good tracks.

If I understand well, you are studying computing. For now I want to give you a piece of advice (take it or throw it)

Do your diploma, that field is awesome. Few people have the chance to be so highly employable (it's good to feel secure in life, even if you don't "love") and you might even decide to work as a freelance to give more time for your passion

@guillaumeS You can certainly write in my journal, it is even much appreciated. ^_^

Yes my thought exactly! I will finish my school (2 more years) so I always have something to fall back on. Or a tool to give me an extra cash income.

School is not as brutal as working 9 to 5, so in the two years I have enough time to put in my side hustle.

New Video | Mastery!

The Cornerstone of True Success - Mastery

Mastery is such a foundational mindset to achieving anything in life. It is so amazingly important to keep this in mind at all times because it is so easy to forget nowadays.

Mastery state's that to achieve excellence requires massive amounts of deliberate practice and studie over and over and over and over gain. It requires you to choose a path and commit to it. a fact that is easily stated but hard to do in practice. Everybody knows that to become good at something requires a lot of practice, latle the rumour spread that to achieve international status in a skill requires 10,000 hours but rarely is this kept in mind while on the journey. It is only golssed over and quickly fades into the background. But mastery is a mindset that needs to stay in the mind long term to really be assimilated and used to it's full potential.

This is hard especially in the western culture we currently live in. It is really on the opposite side of mastery. with quick-fixes, constant climax, shortcuts and excitement. The ads on tv that show you an apparatus that will magically give you abs, just wear it daily while doing things around the house. Of course with a ripped guy using it, to show that it really works. nha that guy didn't really use that thing. He actually went to the gym daily for years, had a strict dieting schedule and read countless articles and book about muscle growth and dieting. It is sad that we rarely see the hard grueling work behind the successful people portrayed in the media. In our heads the process is distorted and this badly affects our approach to any new skill in life.

Grindin

I need to deploy patience on this journey. The impact on my life it will have is so immense that it is worth at least spending 5 years to develop. Slow down, slow but steady wins the race!

In this video I will point out why you yourself are your own worst enemy. In any area of your life where the obstacle looks external, it is actually internal. By adjusting your mindset you can dissolve any problem.

- The Dude

Awesome content man! But you gotta know there's a loot of other youtube channels with the same style of content that are pretty succesful already, maybe you gotta tweak things out and experiment a little bit with the videos

@Pernani Thanks for the support! Yhea, I'm still developing my style. I don't really know where I want to take it yet. What type of content I want to dive into, also thinking of mixing camera shots with animation. But that means a lot of extra deliberate practice in those areas too. Camera stuff. Thanks for the tip tho! Will be experimenting in the future :D