LP Journey - More Happiness

Artiekee
By Artiekee in Self-Actualization Journals,
Hey all! In this topic I would like to share my life purpose journey. Ive been lurking around on the forum for quite a while now, and Im very grateful for all the knowledge, wisdom, insights and inspiration it brought me :).   Since Im new here, just a little background story for those interested; Im a 28 year old guy from Amsterdam. Ive been playing poker professionally since I was 20. About 4 years ago I started getting interested in meditation and about 2 years ago I started doing more self-help.  This led me to Actualized.org. After watching a couple hundred hours of material, I dared to watch one of Leo’s videos about spirituality, and this was a true eye-opener for me. I started watching videos, reading books, listening to talks (mostly Eckhart Tolle and Rupert Spira), and deepening my meditations. The seed was officially planted.  This eventually led to a point, about 6 months ago, where I came to the conclusion that I wanted to quit poker. Even though the love for the game was still there, it started to feel empty, meaningless, selfish, non-contributing, just a zero-sum game for own gain.   So now what? In early december I quit as a poker player, without any idea yet what I want to do next.  — # Why quit now if you still love the game and dont know yet what to do next? # Cant you just quit poker after you know what you want to do? ‘ When playing poker, my mind is non-stop occupied with the game and Im surrounded in an environment that creates a lot of mental noise. This makes it really hard to put energy into the orientation process. So removing myself from this environment gives me much more clarity and energy to focus on the orientation.  — When I was 20 I decided to quit my study (economy) to fully focus on poker, so I don’t have any valuable degree or work experience.  About 6 months ago I bought Leo’s Life Purpose Course, at this point it’s about 80% finished.  The current idea is to spend this year on personal development, spirituality and the orientation process of my life purpose. After this year I hope to have a pretty good idea what the next step will be, but if the search takes more time I also have peace with that. — In this topic I would like to share my journey, hoping to get honest feedback from here, inspiration, wisdom, and so on. In return I hope to be able to give the same :). Ill probably update about once a week, maybe less, maybe more. Please feel free to ask anything at anytime, no need to hold back.    ❤️❤️
  • 17 replies