BETGR164128

Turmeric

12 posts in this topic

Is anyone a big fan of turmeric and would like to share their knowledge? I've just started using it twice a day in capsule form and I'm impressed with the results, better cognition, increased energy, increased blood flow, slower resting heart rate - steadier heart rate - better physical endurance, less brain fog, much better memory recall, steadier breathing, less muscle inflammation and joint inflammation, less tired through the day, better blood sugar regulation  better mood, even better hard on's (nice unexpected bonus). 

I only use it for the hard ons tbh.

Actually though, tumeric pretty magical. I use it for a lot of things, particularly for the anti inflammatory effects. Bought a organic tumeric with high curcumin content on thrive market. Started putting it on eggs, which recently learned may make the omega 3s absorb better. Also use it to potentiate my kratom here and there. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

28 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Bought a organic tumeric with high curcumin content on thrive market. Started putting it on eggs, which recently learned may make the omega 3s absorb better. 

:D

Good to hear about the omegas, I never heard that before - yet another reason to consume both eggs and turmeric! I saw on Simmett Nutrition not to buy powdered culinary turmeric because of the lead content, but am looking at a dehydrator to make my own from fresh. I've got a thermomix at home that does really nice powders. 

I use turmeric for about 6 months now, and I've recently started to use curcumin too - lowers the risk for heart disease. If you want to live healthier, I'd recommend you add curcumin into the mix too.

Good stuff for chronic problems. Not a fan of daily therapeutic doses  for healthy person thou. Sometimes, body will purposely induce an inflammatory response to repair tissues or fight a pathogen so dosing large anti-inflammatory doses all the time may lead to delayed wound healing and proliferation of invasive species. Also, turmeric alters certain parts of liver detoxification pathways so in longer terms they may become compromised. 

Small doses such as a 1/2 teaspoon into your curry pot are great but megadosing can cause problems. 

But it all depends on the amount you take and the content of curcumin in there :)

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 I appreciate your advice, I never knew those details. What about of its dealing with a low level chronic muscle problem? (something I personally have been suffering with for a few years), and then I come off it and then go back on it when I experience the issue again. Would that be ok? 

3 hours ago, BETGR164128 said:

What about of its dealing with a low level chronic muscle problem? (something I personally have been suffering with for a few years), and then I come off it and then go back on it when I experience the issue again.

Do you mean like muscle pain? Has it ever been checked? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

It's supposed to be a really potent anti-carcinogen. I can't remember the details offhand, but it's good stuff, and it tastes nice too.

Never heard that it's good for hard-ons lol. 

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

Do you mean like muscle pain? Has it ever been checked? 

Yeah it was checked by a physio and told that it was just a movement issue, I was given stretches but after trying everything for 3 years, stretches, hot and cold, sauna, healthy eating, you name it, the only thing that's worked so far is turmeric twice per day. Problem practically gone overnight.

22 hours ago, outlandish said:

It's supposed to be a really potent anti-carcinogen. I can't remember the details offhand, but it's good stuff, and it tastes nice too.

Never heard that it's good for hard-ons lol. 

+1 

From what I found:

- the optimal dose seems to be 1-1,5 teaspoons a day

- combining it with piperine (found in black pepper) makes curcumin 20 times more bioavailable

- you need to consume some dietary fat along with turmeric to properly transport it in your body

- some of the beneficial compounds get destroyed at as little as 70 Celsius, beware of that

- preferably you wanna store it in a cold dark place but it's not a big deal if you don't

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)