Beginner Mind

Any Rupert Spira fans here?

18 posts in this topic

I recently had a glimpse of my true nature while watching this video:

I'm extremely grateful to Rupert for showing me that the happiness I've been seeking all my life has actually been within me all along.  If he asked me to kiss his feet, I'd probably decline, but part of me would be tempted!

Edited by Beginner Mind

HUGE Rupert fan! 

back when I was a hardcore seeker I was obsessed with him for months! I think I watched like every YouTube clip and read most of his books ?

you’re certainly following the right kind of people, Rupert has certainly realised the true nature of his being, an incredible teacher also! 

However, I ended up working 1-1 with another teacher, as he so popular he doesn’t really do that, and his retreats are usually quite full and expensive, an amazing teacher none the less and his explanations are often beautiful! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

I definitely like him. He helped clear up some things I hadn’t quite worked out yet in the past. 

I think it’s certainly important to listen to all different teachers because they all have their own unique communication style that may jive better with the way you think on certain issues.  Rupert Spira has especially clear communication skills. 

Yeah went to one of events and asked him about the nature of suffering. He also helped me to become aware of awareness. 

One of my favorite teachers

Rupert is my favourite teacher.

He has some of the clearest explanations of non-duality. I especially like the kind of videos where he describes life from enlightened perspective, like this one:

Buddha At The Gas Pump's interviews with Rupert are also great.

he is amazing, crystal clear teachings, and its very pleasureable to listen to his soft murmuring voice

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, Chumbimba said:

Yeah went to one of events and asked him about the nature of suffering. He also helped me to become aware of awareness. 

One of my favorite teachers

I'm jealous.  He never visits Canada so I'll probably never meet him.  What exactly was your question and how did he respond?

When rupert walked in, my jaw completely dropped ! He just had it. I can't really describe what it is but his presence was so fucking powerful that I became super conscious just from being in his presence. He then mentioned "being aware of being aware" I had an even deeper consciousness of my true nature. Then my ego came back. Then I told him it feels like I am addicted to my suffering and he said "Are you excited to go to sleep at night" I said yeah. Then he said "Who is the one who goes to sleep" I realized that I am suffering because of my attachment to my thoughts and feelings.

Really powerful shit.

Yup huge fan of Rupert. Great guy. Very pragmatic. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

How to destroy Neo-Advaita 101 by Rupert Spira et al 

What a teacher, to me, he's like the western Ramana, if a bit wordy at times xD

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 Western Ramana is a good description.  He demonstrates great respect for Ramana's teaching.  Nisaragadatta as well.

@Beginner Mind Yes, these 2 are exemplary embodiments of the highest teachings, we are lucky to have teachers in the West of that caliber who also integrate Western life (Family, Kids, Work, Sex etc) with the tantric side of the teachings. 

I also think Rupert is Vegetarian/ Vegan, which was one of Ramana's teachings due to the equality of all sentient beings, human or not. Of course we can't be perfect in this regard, but in 2020, it's not hard to not eat animal products as a starting point :)

Rupert brought me further than any other teacher. His method of teaching is easy to understand for logical minds. I would recommend his meditations especially.

44 minutes ago, AmarSG1 said:

Rupert brought me further than any other teacher. His method of teaching is easy to understand for logical minds. I would recommend his meditations especially.

Agreed.  His meditations are special.  He is a gifted communicator.