VeganAwake

There never was a YOU

8 posts in this topic

The falling away of the separate sense of self isn't something that will happen in the future, there never was a YOU to begin with.

When that which is false is recognized to have never been, you are left with what IS True.

When you treat Maya or the illusion like it is something real that needs to fall away, it perpetuates the belief in it's illusory existence.

If there's something to be gotten rid of that means it's real right?.... NO incorrect that's part of the illusion ?

Just because something appears or feels real does not make it truthful.

Duality is not real just because Maya is so convincing.

The apparent separate waves in the ocean or the apparent separate sand castles on the beach does not mean they were truly ever separate.... the waves are still just the ocean, the sandcastles are still just the sand. 

A super convincing Mirage of a Dr Pepper soda machine in the desert does not mean it's real. ?

" the separation never occurred"

- A Course in Miracles ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

There never was a separate "me" but does that mean that there isnt a "me" who is different then "you"? Ego is still real in a sense even though its not separate from existance isnt it

4 minutes ago, DecemberFlower said:

There never was a separate "me" but does that mean that there isnt a "me" who is different then "you"? Ego is still real in a sense even though its not separate from existance isnt it

It depends on what you mean on Ego. If you want to separate certain electrical signals in your brain which produces sounds and you call that an "identity", and separate that the electrical signals of a brain 100km from you are somewhat "different". Then, yeah, they are different. But there´s nobody there. Ego is called like a "symbol" to point to certain actions than a certain process do. A false identity is created, but its a symbol, an ego is a map withouth territory :D

@DecemberFlower Ego isn't the best word, as it has so many meanings and connotations in spirituality. 

The final understanding is that you are The Self/ The Absolute, EVERYONE and EVERYTHING is, the world is merely The Self, nothing exists outside of it. 

Simultaneously you are able to have a unique human experience as a unique expression of The Absolute, and fully be YOU on a human level, despite the fact that you as a 'Little I' doesn't actually exist. Investigate and all you will find is space, silence, and emptiness, the thoughts aren't happening to someone they are just happening.

However, we can still function on a human level, if we didn't it would be impractical. 

However, when you look around, at people, you know they are literally you, your very Self, yet are also unique expressions of this. 

This rids you of any 'I'm more enlightened than you!!' 'OMG I'm so enlightened and special.' That's complete BS, there are simply beings who have truly recognized their own nature, and those who aren't conscious of this yet, but they are still The Self, how could it be any other way?

It is the greatest paradox to see that your 'Little I' literally doesn't exits and cannot be found, yet you can still experience your Uniqueness as a Human Being. I can't really put it into words. Some, lose function for a while as they Integrate like Ramana, usually, this comes from sudden spontaneous awakenings. 

But, yes you realize you don't exist and realize the true nature of your own being, but also get to live as your Unique Human. 

The Self wants you to embrace THIS as it is, and THIS includes your human experience, denying it, is simply denying reality. 

You could say it's like getting your cake and being able to eat it too. It's truly amazing :)

The Freedom of basking in the Non-Dual knowing of The Self, while simultaneously embracing and enjoying your own individuality is the final peace and joy. It's true freedom. 

Before awakening, you believe yourself to be simply a separate little me who exists in its own right and as we know this creates HUGE issues. Just look around you!

Early awakening you then realize Non-Duality, and can sometimes negate Duality, just basking in the joy of realizing the truth about reality as it is.

Full Self Realisation, realizing the truth about your own being allows you to not only bask in the Non-Dual freedom of awakening, Abide as The Self, and allow the peace and happiness that comes with that, but also embrace your individuality and humanity like never before, and enjoy 'Duality' like never before. It really is the greatest gift one could ask for. 

Non-Duality=Duality, so why deny either? 

Hope that answered your question, I tried the best I could in words, but ultimately the truth can only be experienced. This was a huge blockage and confusion for me as a seeker though, so I tried my best :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

2 hours ago, DecemberFlower said:

There's a conditioned human body that apparently seems different.

There isn't a separate 'ME' character with a story inside the body that is the illusion or Maya.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

The oneself or the higher self as some like to call it, is still just Maya the illusion of self.

The ego has convinced them they have awakened and are now the new higher self or true self lol.

This is simply a sneaky tactic of the ego to preserve itself undercover as the new true self so it can still Control the organism and perpetuate it's illusory belief in itself.

They call that the spiritual ego sometimes..(note: the spiritual ego now does loving spiritual work to help humanities hopeless situation)

What is left after true Awakening occurs does not have an agenda, life purpose or opinion on what should or shouldn't be taking place. 

Its complete wild radical freedom without an agenda, its liberation, its THIS ❤

Edited by VeganAwake

"Trapped in Spiritual Ego

The spiritual ego is a trap and an end to the spiritual path to freedom. It doesn't mean a person can't lead a happy life. It's just a life within a certain set of confines. They may be less confining and unconscious than before, but they're still a part of the prison. It's like someone getting out of the prison cell then decides that this is good enough. They can wander around the cell block. To ground this in an example, think of this as someone realizing money doesn't make them happy. They lead a simpler life, but they still hold onto desires for romance, social validation, and many other forms of emotional safety. Sure, they're not so lost in the quest for financial safety, but they're still in a trap.

That trap comes with certain rules, however. So this person is trying to do all kinds of other things now to get what he wants from those unresolved desires. He's got tons of ideas about what social validation looks like and how to get it. He has tons of behaviors regarding how he can act and how he can't act. In general, any time you think you need to be a certain way, you're falling away from the truth. The purity of spiritual freedom puts no demands on who you should be or how to act. Initially, it's scary to be that free of ego because you may find that you can't tell what you'll want or who'll you be from one day to the next. In many ways our ego controls us with that fear of the unknown.

The Fear of the Unknown

Yet, by resting in that spaciousness we find out that we can act, and we can feel and sense the most truthful way of acting when it is needed as well as knowing when action is not needed. That only comes with letting go of the spiritual ego further, and while a person can do that at any time, it's typically more pain and suffering that will force people to go deeper than just about anything else"

You can read more about the spiritual ego here:

https://www.spiritualawakeningprocess.com/2010/04/beware-spiritual-ego.html