Javfly33

Did Romans ever exist or not?

22 posts in this topic

Some years ago before having any moments of altered consciousness but I already had meditated for a while and listened some Leo´s videos of questioning beliefs/spirituality...etc, I was with my father in a village near my city and we were looking at a roman bridge, and I suddenly got this intuition/insight downloaded inside my mind, and I said to him "Do you realize that we actually haven´t been in the roman empire/we only have lived since x years, so we really haven´t had in real proof that romans existed?" "Yes, the proof it´s astronomically but it just feels from our experience there´s also 0% proof that they existed".

Do they?

If time is non-existent, reality exists since "I" was born. So my consciousness has created a story about a "past", which created the culture I live in (which also a creation of consciousness)

Romans existed but only in my hallucination, didn´t they?

In the moment consciousness stosp creating a story about romans and an historical past, there are no romans anymore, right?

Edited by Javfly33

7 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

there are no romans anymore, right?

Don't worry, they're not around to crucify anyone anymore. ^_^

I'm  Roman :P

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Just now, Gnosis said:

@Preety_India That's genuinely terrifying.

Indeed. Lol xD

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

10 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

If time is non-existent, reality exists since "I" was born.

You weren't born. There is no "since". There is no time.

Otherwise you believe time started with your birth - and so time must exist.

All stories and explanations are false.

1 hour ago, LastThursday said:

You weren't born. There is no "since". There is no time.

Otherwise you believe time started with your birth - and so time must exist.

@LastThursday But the body awareness is identified with it was born, wasn´t it? In that sense romans maybe existed too?

I much prefer questioning reality directly. I find my.mind makes up all kinds of ideas about how things I haven't experienced directly didn't exist. If I'm contemplating things I have never directly experienced before I always do the "compare this to my actual hand" technique which simply identifies the difference between a concept and the actual hand without making any big claims like "this concept never actually existed" your just stating a fact, this is a concept and this is my actual hand.

When questioning reality in your direct experience it gets more powerful. What is a phone, what is a computer, what are fingers, what are thumbs, what is a screen, what is sight, what is a question. Where is this question. What is this. 

Edited by Aaron p

@Aaron p

2 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

When questioning reality in your direct experience it gets more powerful. What is a phone, what is a computer, what are fingers, what are thumbs, what is a screen, what is sight, what is a question. Where is this question. What is this. 

I love it man! I found myself asking questions like this at an extremely young age in elementary school.

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

@LastThursday But the body awareness is identified with it was born, wasn´t it? In that sense romans maybe existed too?

Even if you have video evidence of your mother giving birth to you, it proves nothing. That would be you looking at a baby being born and identifying with it as you - but that thing on the screen is not you. The baby being born in the video is a facsimile and a mirage on magnetic tape (if you're older than 20).

To know if you were born, you would very literally have to go back in time and re-experience at first hand being born. So, the problem is: there is no time. All other evidence is second hand and not to be trusted no matter how convincing.

"Romans" is just a concept you have, made up of hundreds of little interconnected factoids. Romans for you, exist right now, as a mental web of concepts. All you're doing is identifying the concept "Romans" with the concept "Past".

All stories and explanations are false.

Consider that the the answer you are looking for is not necessarily "yes" or "no."

It's Love.

@Javfly33

The body does not have it’s own awareness, any more than this iPad has it’s own wifi. When my kids were younger, quite understandably, they had a tough time with distinctions of what is unseen like wifi, internet, intranet, router signal, etc. “Why is it at Starbucks but not the grocery store?!” 

@LastThursday

Probably where togetherness & technology is headed though. First the cell phone pops out, held in that tiny hand...filming the baby poppin out behind it, with a thumbs up by the other hand...”my first selfie!”. Posted. Full send. 

(Patents “afterbirth” photoshop filter.)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

The body does not have it’s own awareness, any more than this iPad has it’s own wifi. When my kids were younger, quite understandably, they had a tough time with distinctions of what is unseen like wifi, internet, intranet, router signal, etc. “Why is it at Starbucks but not the grocery store?!” 

:D 

I Love it :)

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

probably where togetherness & technology is headed though. First the cell phone pops out, held in that tiny hand...filming the baby poppin out behind it, with a thumbs up by the other hand...”my first selfie!”. Posted. Full send. 

wife, wifey, wifi whatever - its all you. ??

6 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@remember Ha! ‘Nailed it’. 

i try to distance myself from nailing depending on what - if it’s a wall and a picture which is not meant to frame anyone i guess its easier than making the decision of actually putting someone up a cross. alone the bearded variation does not always fit perfectly.

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Javfly33

Not following you in this one O.o

But this was probably pretty a stupid thread tbh.

Edited by Javfly33