TrynaBeTurquoise

Hilarious Commentary/Impressions on Jordan Peterson and Carnivore Diet

50 posts in this topic

Carnivore diet. is just insanity to me. I personally love to eat meat, and thats why I think its ok to kill animals. But when you scientifically create a diet to benefit yourself, which entails only eating meat aka dead animals, it gets kinda creepy to me. Because you are consciously deciding to only eat meat instead of just enjoying meat because you like meat. But ofc its all relative anyway.

I just dont understand Joe Rogan saying its a good diet because it doesn't contain carbs? because proteins turn into carbs in your body.(gluconeogenesis) So if you want to go low on carbs why not just go for an Atkins diet?

On the other hand, Eskimos almost only eat fish, and they are extremely healthy. So there might be something to the carnivore diet. It just doesn't feel like a very conscious option.

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."

-Nikola Tesla

@PlayTheGame I'm not on carnivore and I don't think it's an optimal diet for most people but it does make sense to do it, especially for people with autoimmune disorders and gut problems cause their body overreacts to many plant compounds.

Gluconeogenesis is a real thing but it's only there if your body needs it (it needs carbs for brain function etc.) 

If your body knows how to burn ketones for energy, then it won't produce glucose from protein, it'll turn protein into niacin which you will pee out.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

About 90% of my food is animal products. Beef heart, liver, kidney, tongue and muscle meat are the majority of my diet. I can't do dairy but I do like to eat avocados/leafy greens on occasion. I'm healthy as fuck and feel fantastic. 

When I first heard of carnivore I thought it was ridiculous too but I was open minded enough to try and and boy am I glad I did. 

Humans are made to eat animals. If you don't wish to kill animals for moral reason I get that but animal products are what we've lived off of for hundreds of thousands of years. That's a fact. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

On 4/7/2020 at 9:30 AM, PlayTheGame said:

Carnivore diet. is just insanity to me. I personally love to eat meat, and thats why I think its ok to kill animals. But when you scientifically create a diet to benefit yourself, which entails only eating meat aka dead animals, it gets kinda creepy to me. Because you are consciously deciding to only eat meat instead of just enjoying meat because you like meat. But ofc its all relative anyway.

I just dont understand Joe Rogan saying its a good diet because it doesn't contain carbs? because proteins turn into carbs in your body.(gluconeogenesis) So if you want to go low on carbs why not just go for an Atkins diet?

On the other hand, Eskimos almost only eat fish, and they are extremely healthy. So there might be something to the carnivore diet. It just doesn't feel like a very conscious option.

The carnivore diet wasn't "scientifically created". Humans have consumed a heavily animal based diet for bulk of our evolution. It's simply what was available. Meat is the most nutrient dense food in nature. I eat almost entirely meat and enjoy it thoroughly. 

Gluconeogenesis isn't your body turning protein into carbohydrates per se, its turned into glucose which is a subcategory of carbohydrate. The body cannot operate without glucose so it's a way for he body to develop the bare minimum to keep it functioning. Keeping glucose levels low like his is a good thing. 

Most people are overly saturated with glucose which leads to eventual insulin resistance. Emerging research is starting to uncover that insulin resistance is the root cause of all disease from metabolic syndrome, obesity, diabetes, autoimmune issues, to various cancers, etc. If one thing is obvious in the obese population it's that they over consume carbohydrates. 

The majority of the health benefits from the carnivore diet come less from only eating meat and more from the reduction of carbohydrate intake. Any way you can manage to bring carbohydrates down will result in health improvement whether that's a carnivore diet, vegan diet, keto diet, Atkins diet, etc. Now we can go down the rabbit role even further when discussing autoimmune/inflammatory issues which the carnivore diet in undeniable the superior diet due to its strict elimination protocol. 

Essentially, the carnivore diet is a great "reset" to remove any potential intolerances or sources of inflammation present in your normal diet. After you establish that new baseline on the carnivore diet you can begin to reintroduce foods and see how the body responds. Some people need to be more restrictive than others. its all depends on your unique biochemistry. 

Oh and eskimos didn't only eat fish. You can't survive on only protein (which fish are mostly protein). The majority of the eskimo diet was seal which is very high in fat. So, if you take anything from all this it's that humans are made to eat high fat, moderate protein and low carbohydrates with some variation depending on how close your ancestry was to the equator.

Hope that clears some things up(:

The game of survival cannot be won. 

9 hours ago, King Merk said:

The carnivore diet wasn't "scientifically created". Humans have consumed a heavily animal based diet for bulk of our evolution. It's simply what was available. Meat is the most nutrient dense food in nature.

That may be true, but that doesn't mean that it's healthy. Health is a combination of fitness and longevity. You can eat something that increases your biological fitness (ability to pass on your genes to the next generation) that is also detrimental for longevity, and evolution wouldn't care one bit about that. Evolution only cares about survival and reproduction, not longevity. Traits that are beneficial early in life and detrimental later in life are therefore a common occurence, and the consumption of meat seems to be a likely candidate for this. To look to evolution for dietary advice is like looking to the bible for scientific advice.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

That may be true, but that doesn't mean that it's healthy. Health is a combination of fitness and longevity. You can eat something that increases your biological fitness (ability to pass on your genes to the next generation) that is also detrimental for longevity, and evolution wouldn't care one bit about that. Evolution only cares about survival and reproduction, not longevity. Traits that are beneficial early in life and detrimental later in life are therefore a common occurence, and the consumption of meat seems to be a likely candidate for this. To look to evolution for dietary advice is like looking to the bible for scientific advice.

Factory farmed meat vs high quality organic meat are different stories. 

That analogy with the bible is also apples and oranges imo. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

5 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Factory farmed meat vs high quality organic meat are different stories. 

That analogy with the bible is also apples and oranges imo. 

The bible analogy was a bit edgy I do admit, but I just typed it out anyway to hammer the point home.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 04/04/2020 at 7:43 PM, Leo Gura said:

If it was truly unnecessary we would be able to easily eliminate it. But it's not so easy. So maybe it's more necessary than you imagine?

But its not just 'hardness' that plays a role in whether we can eliminate meat. A large part of it is beliefs, ideologies and views of the people.

Maybe its quite easy to eliminate meat from an economic and practical standpoint... but from the standpoint of christian beliefs(that animals are made from god to serve almighty humans) to rational science dogmas (of meat has vitamins that absolutely cannot be replaced with vegetables), it doesn't make sense to go to veganism, or its completely repulsive to do so, as it threatens the worldviews that we have and love to death. 

And in history, what's been harder to change? Economic systems or the worldviews of humans? Its always been the stubborn worldviews of the human race that has been the hard part. Its our attitudes, our views, our egos, our psychological and sociological development. 

Why focus so much on the economics when its not the problem?

Maybe focusing on the economics is gaslighting?

Edited by electroBeam

All I need is to hear all the ex-vegan testimonies and see how emaciated some of the youtubers (vegan foot soldier) look to know it's not a healthy diet.  

44 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

All I need is to hear all the ex-vegan testimonies and see how emaciated some of the youtubers (vegan foot soldier) look to know it's not a healthy diet.  

@SgtPepperWhy not instead look into healthy vegans, people who have made it work for decades and longer still? How can you be sure that you aren't biased unless you have looked not into what has worked from the other side of the argument, not just the negatives. Every diet can be done wrong with health consequences. Why not put your judgements at a hold until you learn more and understand why do people get into believing that its healthy?