Annoynymous

Buttigieg has dropped out, will it help Biden?

44 posts in this topic

Candidates dropping out is not rigged. From the perspective of a moderate, why should they split up their vote between four candidates and lose?

Having it boil down to Bernie vs Biden is fine. Lets hope it’s a fair competition between the two. 

Maybe you are right. I was just getting to excited :(

1 hour ago, Lelouch Lamperouge said:

It's like not even true though. Trump is a memer

Which means that Pete dropped out immediately after he was asked (ordered) to do so. It wasn’t his decision. Which only proves that it’s about establishment vs Bernie. They all are puppets. Except Bernie who opposes them. WallStreet simply doesn’t want Bernie to win, coz Bernie is going to cut WallStreet’s throat. They only need to make a call and all puppets obey, drop out and endorse Biden. Easy!

The 'rigged' part is the super delegates being DNC head Perez appointed party insiders made up of establishment partisans and corporate lobbyists that want to keep the corrupt status quo in place by keeping the Republicrats in power instead of genuine progressives.

So let's say there's no majority with Bernie at 45%, Biden 25% and Bloomberg 20% of delegates to push the convention to a second ballot they'll swoop in to hand the nomination to a weaker candidate and literally throw out millions of voters preference so erase the democratic process.

By the other lesser centrists dropping out the establishment is hoping that the extra freed votes add percentage points to Biden and Bloomberg enough so they get above the 15% threshold in a few more states so qualify for delegates and take them from Bernie.

Both Pete and Amy probably have been promised prime appointments in a potential cabinet and increased power in the Dem party going forward if they dropped out sooner than later so they don't eat up percentage points that don't lead to delegates.

If Bernie gets the nomination he controls the direction of the party, can eliminate the super delegates and empower the young justice democrats completely changing the direction of the Democratic party for the next generation and possibly forever.

Edited by SOUL

Woah....Godwinian Host Chris Matthews to 'retire'..... he tried to take down Bernie and wound up destroying his long and storied career in the twilight of it....

Flava Flav kicked out of Public Enemy for his cease and desist letter to the Sanders campaign because fellow members will be performing at a rally in LA using the slogan 'fight the power'.... except Chuck D says that's not the reason but timing after so long is curious.

It seems if you go at him all it does is boomerang back at you, just ask Liz and Petey...the force is strong with the Bern.

Edited by SOUL

I'm sorry but I find this absolutely hilarious, regardless of what the führer has done. I like how he treats these events like a comedy routine. He's gotta improve his Crazy Bernie routine, but the mini Mike and Pocahontas ones are quite enjoyable.

we have a capacity problem in europe right now, we will have to take in the people who flee wars, maybe you guys consider fleeing to australia or some countries closer by? we will probably find a solution.

actually this time it’s not a bitter joke.

Edited by remember

People in super Tuesday primaries get out and vote.... people who have upcoming primaries get out and early vote so you can avoid the lines and any potential issues with other proof requirements, you can always go back the another day if you need something else.

I'm early voting today myself.... the establishment is lining up behind a guy who can't even form complete sentences, constantly forgets what he's saying in the middle of saying it and routinely tells people to vote for someone else...they'd rather lose to Trump but keep their power than to stand up for the people.

If you want affordable health care, living wages, educational opportunities and an empowerment of the working, middle class and the 99% then there is only one candidate to vote for, everyone else is corporate bought out and I'm not even being hyperbolic.

Bern the system!

Sanders falling like a rock in the betting markets. Biden is almost a 2:1 favorite now. 

Edited by martin_malin

If anyone but Bernie comes out on top from this I'm getting the crap outta this country ASAP. Like honestly this situation is such a joke. Plenty of my 1st world problems would be resolved quickly if I was in a different country. Looking at Japan, China, Denmark, maybe even Spain right now.

But honestly, what Obamacare's half-assed approach to healthcare, catering to the for-profit insurance companies did to the middle class is arguably worse than most of what Trump has done, in terms of policies that affect me directly. The bombings under Obama and Hillary are crazy as well. Obviously having poor relationships with Korea, the Middle East, Russia, and China aren't too good on Trump's part, but it's more the lack of infrastructure investments that I'm concerned with. Cut social security and federal student debt relief all you want, I just won't teach and I'll support my family a bit more I guess.

Edited by Vladz0r

is this for real now :S you really are scaring the shit out of me.

do something. now.

i can only watch you warp it’s utterly frustrating.

Edited by remember

I find it amazing that Warren didn't drop out before today, could have bumped up Sanders a bit.

7 hours ago, remember said:

we have a capacity problem in europe right now, we will have to take in the people who flee wars, maybe you guys consider fleeing to australia or some countries closer by? we will probably find a solution.

actually this time it’s not a bitter joke.

Fleeing to canada is a good option. Not australia, large portions of the population, and the current government, is anti immigration (as much as the UK if not more)

? i can’t sleep because i already realize this will be 4 years more of trump. it’s amazing how the big parties don’t learn. in that trump probably got it right. 

dress warmly - winter is coming.

Edited by remember

I guess it's another 4 years of Trump along with more bigoted stacked judiciary for decades which ends with ecological collapse and billions of people worldwide suffering as humanity's population dramatically shrinks for the first time in eons.

Not that it's sure that Bernie could have stopped any of this but he is the only hope to significantly address it and the only one that could beat Trump because Biden is a mumbling, bumbling shell of his former corrupt self living off Obama 'glory'.

If I didn't have inner peace and liberation I'd have justification to be concerned but my well being isn't dependent on appealing and favorable circumstances. The world will only become increasingly anathema to those that are seeking healing.

Do the inner work to find peace and liberation my friends because there's not much help coming from the outside. I've been watching and waiting for decades and it's only getting further from realization apart from inner life.

Biden still has a good chance of beating Trump.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura i think it is quite hard to predict anything, given the unpredictable nature of polical events. Anything can happen.

I have one question. If Biden wins the nomination, will you vote for him?

Edited by Annoynymous