Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meditationdude

Psychedelic Anxiety

19 posts in this topic

Any time I’m contemplating doing psychedelics (mushrooms in this case) I get anxious and worried and I sometimes talk myself out of doing them. Another thing that comes up is a get really bored on shrooms bc I just sit for hours in my house and do absolutely nothing. I feel like I wasting an entire day and the last few trips were pretty mild in terms of insight or growth gains.

I need someone to help convince me to take shrooms today bc I’m feeling an energy shift and I want to be more grounded again. I just don’t fucking feel like it though, help! 

If you have been sitting bored for most of your trips I think you need to up the dose.

As someone who would have struggled with anxiety a lot, I can tell you that 2 things that really fuck up your anxiety is (bad) drugs and screens. Like phones, Xbox, youtube. It's like a drug. I know that coming onto actualized.org here sometimes really helps me because it eases my anxiety looking at my phone. Of course then not facing your anxiety lessens your ability to function appropriately during stress. Weed causes SO much anxiety. It's halarious how bad weed is for your mental health and it's so accessable which makes it even worse. Also when approaching the onset of a trip you don't want to be sitting there preparing to be raped by this trip...you'll freak yourself out. The best way is to literally ease into it. Just gently move yourself slowly into the trip. Mental preparation is all well and good but I find that if you prepare for a possible bad trip too much that can actually cause you to have a bad trip. Moving slowly and gently for me is important. Approach psychedelics like you approach a hot chick your gonna fuck...you gotta ease into it slowish you don't just robotically walk in, say "female, prepare to be penetrated" hahahaha. For me it's like that with a trip, especially heavy trips on like dmt. Don't just BANG hit a crack pipe of DMT, you become comfortable with the presence of the pipe. You notice it gently. And when anxious thoughts are felt trying to pierce through your calmness you simply let them go and...in a way, love the DMT and love the floor your sitting on. I find taking time to do this really removes a lot of the hype made up by the mind about psychedelics. @Meditationdude may you cease to exist ?

@Aaron p I don’t have anxiety normally, only before psychedelics. I make a million excuses why I shouldn't do them and I psych myself out. 

that’s funny, weed does the opposite to me. Less anxious and I feel much more grounded. 

@Meditationdude temporarily you'll feel better smoking man but every time you smoke your baseline of general wellness of mind and functionality diminishes. A simple trick for revealing it is by daring someone who is a smoker to not smoke for a month. A: if you can't stop for a month that means your addicted to the drugs, which is a big fucking red flag. And B: if you stop for a month you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. You forget how normal every day sober life still feels good without drugs. That test reveals 2 things, whether your addicted (to a degree) or not, and reveals if you feel better or worse without smoking. ?? i don't know you but if your a regular smoker, give it a go...why not? Don't believe me .. test it and see ♥️

Edited by Aaron p

I know it's hard to trip consistently. I haven't been tripping for almost a year.

Maybe schedule a date beforehand and then it will be harder to bail out.

@Aaron p I understand what you’re saying. Ive been a daily smoker for years but I’ve gone weeks and months without smoking before and I’ve had those feelings of well-being without the drug. 
I am definitely addicted, I’ve never thought otherwise. I’m still working on it but I just have this problem where smoking enhances my life for the better and I don’t want to quit. Some people smoke and do nothing and eat like shit. I smoke and meditate, go workout and then cook the healthiest foods possible. This is my daily routine and it works bc I’m self employed and can do whatever I want. I’m happy and I’m still growing. 

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

Attention to what we’ve been inattentive to is power.

@Nahm ?? my suffering was so bad that I thought "there's no way this amount of suffering could be causes by such a casual drug as weed." I thought there was something wrong with my mind and that weed was easing it. But the weed was what was causing my mind to be so fucked up. Constant torture. Then one day I stopped smoking and boom. Didn't even realise how much it was affecting me. The suffering was so deep that I thought it was just straight up something wrong with my mind. That's my story with it at least

9 hours ago, Girzo said:

If you have been sitting bored for most of your trips I think you need to up the dose.

Yup

How can you be bored on shrooms???

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

For handling the anxiety I recommend an exercise called the Worst Case Scenario. Think of the worst possible result you can imagine for taking psychedelics or mushrooms, then go deeper by asking "What's so bad about that?" If the anxiety increases with your answer, you are going in the correct direction. Keep going deeper using this question until you feel like you got to the root of the anxiety, then sit with the anxiety until it passes, usually around 20 minutes or so.

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games

If 4-5 grams isn't giving you powerful and potentially life-changing experience then you either have very weak shrooms, extreme tolerance build-up or a bio-chemically distorted system. I suggest detox on raw fresh fruits and vegetables and handful or two of nuts and seeds a day with daily exercise, limit use of technology and do more inner-work, spend time with yourself, meditation, spending time in nature, grounding and other preferred forms of spiritual practice and get yourself to a very nice and purified balanced state mind/body/spirit then try again when the moment feels right.

Plant-teachers want you to do the work, if you don't do the work, they can refuse to help and can really show you something unpleasant about yourself, it can be quite traumatic if you do not respect yourself and respect the medicine.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@Meditationdude Here's a suggestion. Watch Leo's videos; watch other enlightenment teachers; practice contemplation and self-inquiry; work on meditation; study religious texts; but most of all, work on basic personal development. If you have anxiety problems, depression, or anything like that, focus on that for about six months to a year until you feel that you are ready for the advanced stuff. Maybe even do pickup if you're freaked out about it. It'll help you with confidence, anxiety, and you may end up finding the love of your life. Who knows? Once you come back to spirituality, work on that for another six months to a year, and you will be a lot more prepared for a psychedelic trip because you will have the structure and frame work to pursue it. It's certainly not easy, but once you get the ball rolling, you'll be back in no time, and you'll be a better person for it! Good luck my man.

@pluto Ya it could be weak shrooms. I’ve had peak experiences on 2.5 grams before but that was years ago. Ever since it’s been mediocre experiences and boredom. I usually sit in my room and meditate for 4-5 hours while I shroom. I don’t like being around people when I’m tripping. 

7 hours ago, Depersonilized said:

@Meditationdude Here's a suggestion. Watch Leo's videos; watch other enlightenment teachers; practice contemplation and self-inquiry; work on meditation; study religious texts; but most of all, work on basic personal development.

@Depersonilized I’ve seen all the videos, some more than once, I practice contemplation and self inquiry, I meditate daily (4 years straight), I kinda study religious texts sometimes and personal development is a huge part of my life. 

I just don’t get much from shrooms anymore. 

@Meditationdude Well there is definitely a root cause of shroom anxiety. If it's not a spiritual issue, it might be that there's just something in the back of your subconscious mind that's bothering you. Or it might be just the shrooms giving you stomach ache or a headache during the trip that you didn't notice idk. I've never had problems with anxiety on it, so I'm not really sure what to tell you. Anxiety is usually caused by something in the future that your worried about, so instead of contemplating, do the opposite and meditate. Try shrooms one more time, and if it doesn't work out come back to it later a few months from now or a year. Good luck tripping!