Ingit

How to consciously ignore people !

7 posts in this topic

Is there a thing called Healthy Ignoring ? I am afraid that If I ignore people there may be hidden motive underneath and I fail up ignoring them ! I don’t want to talk a lot until I like.

?IngitScooby ?

1 hour ago, Ingit said:

Is there a thing called Healthy Ignoring ? I am afraid that If I ignore people there may be hidden motive underneath and I fail up ignoring them ! I don’t want to talk a lot until I like.

What do you mean with ignoring here? I mean, how exactly are you ignoring them?

If it's just not contributing to some conversation topics (for example, I've noticed that a lot of people enjoy having laughs from insulting other people, I tend to be quiet on those conversations), there's nothing wrong with it. If it's "ok, my friend calls and he needs help, but I can't stand his/hers this and that, so let it go to the voice mail.", it can be different story,

Edited by ttm

@ttm I feel like My certain friends will like give me occasional messages and I reply them and they will reply me after a day.... while some seems to trigger me ... they seem to tease me... Maybe thats what I al thinking....Maybe I have wrong thinking... I just want to be neutral and don’t respond... 

?IngitScooby ?

@Ingit Maybe they where just busy and didn't see your message or couldn't respond, don't jump to the idea there all out to tease you, no one cares as much about yourself as you do, they're all doing there own thing, whats neutral is not to care in the first place

7 minutes ago, IJB063 said:

@Ingit Maybe they where just busy and didn't see your message or couldn't respond, don't jump to the idea there all out to tease you, no one cares as much about yourself as you do, they're all doing there own thing, whats neutral is not to care in the first place

??? 

?IngitScooby ?

There's is no black and white answer to that question (or any question for that matter). You are ultimately connected to everybody else, so sometimes you might have to reply, other times you don't, other times you come up with a creative solution to deal with the problem. The world is alive you see. It takes skill, intelligence, awareness, to deal with social situations, (which doesn't mean you can't set yourself up in life to be more focused or whatever you want to do). How boring would life be, if there was a one solution fits all for every social situation.

As for the "healthy" aspect, basically the same answer. You can definitely seclude yourself in healthy ways, but again it takes intelligence to figure out what those are. Every situation is different, yet there are also patterns that you might find in your behavior. Explore yourself: are you being honest? Are you not?