Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Verowilleswissen

how can i fight upcoming panic attacks? I dont want fear take over me!

6 posts in this topic

What do u do against death axienty? It fucks me up in my daily life, sometimes i just randomly have that feeling of dying at any moment or being involved in a mass murder /shooting/dying in car crash / bus/ plane crash and it reduces my quality of life hugley. Its new to me I don't understand..

for example, I want to fly to russia soon with my bf, this is a huge step for me because i've never been in a plane before.

The time I booked the flight, bad dreams kept coming up related to this flight, no crash but no general positive aspects.

I keep getting bad visions and always "joke" about it with my friends like "haha, if I come back from russia..;)" so I can at least share my fear and get it kinda off my chest.

I am aware of the fact, that it all lies in god hands what will happen to me, and I can't controll how and when etc.

To my persona: i am very empathic /emotional and somewhat shy and extroverted at the same time. I love to give and want to explore. My problem is that i was strongly addicted to pot for years.I reduced it strongly and im quitting.I had pleasing experiences with mushrooms and micro dosing helped me for while but don't want to depend on that. Im currently reading the gita it helps me somewhat. . I have low self esteem due my past but trying to work on it.. Now i get those short burst of panic and if fucks me up. Any advice might me helpful. Thank u. be nice 2urself.. <3

To deal with panic attack focus on breathing, the exhale in peticular make it long and as full as comfortably possible. This activates the parasympathetic nervous system, responible bringing the body into a relaxed, healing state. At the same time notice the feelings/ thoughts you associate with anxiety, and allow the feelings giving them more space to expand. The more you grow your mindfullness muscles the easier it will be :)

Edited by OctagonOctopus

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

When I saw the title of this topic, I thought - "This is the fear!"

If you like, take a look at the title you made, take a look at your post. It is an expression the fear you talk about. In fact, it is the fear. It is right here, in front of your eyes, waiting to be met.

Can you read your own post, see where it is coming from and work with that... kindly. Like with a scared child?

I think, that the only reason why the fear is so destructive for you is, that you never faced it head on, no? You can do it here, with your writing. Don't be afraid of the fear, it's not as bad as it looks. Maybe there is even a jewel hidden inside of it, who knows?

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

@Verowilleswissen

Fear of death is one of the most difficult obstacles on the path. Everyone had it to some degree at some point.

The problem with all emotions is that in trying to run away from them, they become even more haunting. So, the solution in general is to face them head-on fearlessly, to feel them deeply without resistance, and to know that the sensation is there for your own good.

Now, with fear, it's kind of paradoxical. Because in essence, you're not afraid of death in reality. You can't fear something you don't even know. You are afraid of something you know. Something very dear to you, that you don't want to lose. What is that thing? Can you let it go? Apparently not. The title says it all. How can you win if you are fighting yourself? If you win, you lose. And if you lose, you lose. Can you see how surrendering is the only option left?

Edited by Lento

@Verowilleswissen

I agree with @Lento and also the other people posting here. Don't fight fear, you can't win, and even if you win, you lose. 

I also suffer from anxiety attacks and I also had to learn this harsh truth. But actually it isn't harsh at all!

First you fight fear and you realize this only makes it worse, so after suffering enough, you let the fighting go and you accept the fear. Once you get used to that you start to surrender to fear. This is how far I got after my second to last anxiety period and it produced great results, I was anxiety free for a couple of years.

Last September I relapsed into anxiety so I had to go through this process again, luckilly I was able to do it much faster and just after a few weeks I was doing a lot better. But this time, I went further, and I also discovered Leo and this forum. The next step in dealing with anxienty is that you have to embrace it. Nature is chaos that is in balance, if there is an unbalance, Nature will correct...and this is always brutal! The same thing is true for your mind, if there is unbalance, Nature will correct and fear is the way it does this. The only obstacle to get back to balance...is YOU, you resisting fear. You must learn to love fear and super conduct it (See video of Leo about extreme emotions). 

Right now, although the worst is over, I still do this almost daily, I look for my fears, I induce them, I embrace them, I burn through them, and I grow, like I've never grown before!

Best of luck

@Verowilleswissen

That the undesirable feeling is about the external world, rather than communicating to you regarding only the one single thought arising, right now, will keep the “fear” alive. 

Listening to the feeling, and writing on paper (out of your head)... you’ll discover you’re making it (fear) up. It’s an emotional misunderstanding.

You are in control of this, and a belief to the contrary will never resonate in feeling. 

Carry on long enough, and feeling, the source of you, will sit you down and wash you clean. It’ll take you out of your rush & hurriedness, and practically force you to let thinking go - and shift to perception & feeling.  I’d suggesting letting the term “panic attack” go, and making a dream board. See what you want in life in front of you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE