Mongu9719

Sadhguru disapproves of psychedelics

86 posts in this topic

The real issue here isn't whether an authority figure approves or disapproves of some method within the range of potential methods.

Rather, it's your sincerity and purity in your pursuit of Truth.

1 hour ago, Gnosis said:

@Javfly33 Psychedelics do aggravate Vata.

If you have no understanding of Ayurveda, please do not automatically disregard these statements.

All those following statements are not outrageous statements, whoever wrote them was just listing potential symptoms of Vata dominance (in an exaggerated manner).

To be clear, just meditation and self-inquiry alone can aggravate Vata; in reality, the statements are really not saying much.

Yes, in this day there seems to be fairly evident dogma and bias against the use of psychedelics; in many cases on the part of beings who haven't personally investigated the very real potential there for themselves.

It does not however, automatically mean that all the arguments are completely baseless.

I hope my statements have brought clarity to this discussion.

@Gnosis I honestly don't have any idea what is Vata. But it doesn't matter in regards with the statement of the effects on the body after using hallucinogenics. Those effects can happen with hallucinogens as well with other drugs. Check again what I reply to in regards to the quote. 

@Javfly33 Yes, that's actually precisely what I was saying.

I was simply in a manner highlighting your misperception that the author of those statements was somehow personally attacking psychedelic use.

In actuality, the author was simply speaking based on his limited understanding and all the statements align with what the author understands according to the theory and modality of Ayurveda.

If you in fact understood what Vata is, you would have seen that the author simply extrapolated those supposed symptoms from his learned knowledge of symptoms associated with Vata dominance, rather than misinterpret those statements as targeting psychedelic use directly.

Psychedelics can aggravate Vata, other psychoactive drugs can aggravate Vata; just meditation alone can aggravate Vata.

1 hour ago, Gnosis said:

The real issue here isn't whether an authority figure approves or disapproves of some method within the range of potential methods.

Having sex gives those symptoms aswell. The way you breathe too.

If you want to learn how to do psychedelics consciously, there is a way, and that way is shamanism. 

8 hours ago, Gnosis said:

Legendary ???

6 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Having sex gives those symptoms aswell. The way you breathe too.

If you want to learn how to do psychedelics consciously, there is a way, and that way is shamanism. 

Shamanism is one way with a lot  of dily dalying around cutlish attitude and bastardization of truth.  If there is authenticity and purity in your intent nothings beats solo trip.