Zak

The miserable state of not fitting in

9 posts in this topic

"Be different".

As easy as this statement may sound, the more harder it is to embody it in a society where the notion of being different is frowned upon.

Telling you a story that happened a few hours before. I am pretty sure everyone who will ready this, will relate to it in some way.

In my university break, we classmates usually sit together and eat while discussing and communicating about trivial things. 

One of my friends in my university is organising a gaming event, so for that reason he asked me if I enrolled in the event or not. I immediately replied, No. He then asked my if I play games. I replied, "No, I do not play games. It is a waste of time". The statement was nearly finished when everyone was looked at me at dismay. He then went like, "Oh, then how about you using Facebook or watching random Youtube videos.". I remained silent, I was like let him say whatever. He then said, "I played guitar for 5 hours per day". I was like, "Dafuqqqqqq! Waste of time".

Everyone on that group disagreed with me, while my intention was not like how they interpreted me. Everything that is not causing you to grow in one way or another is a big, giant waste of time, or is not benefiting you in your life purpose. I mean, I can not just sit and play games for 3 or 4 hours. Or sit on my ass watch Netflix. I CANT. I rarely watch movies.

I sometimes feel like It may be because of my neurosis or maybe I am a modern freaking sage. Your replies would be much appreciated. :)

I chose to no longer be a member of this forum.

2 minutes ago, Zak said:

I replied, "No, I do not play games. It is a waste of time". The statement was nearly finished when everyone was looked at me at dismay.

Do you see how the dismay was not because you don't play video games but because of the judgment that they felt from how you qualified it as a waste of time? Nobody likes to be told that they are wasting their time, and nobody likes to feel judged.

Perhaps you should consider being more diplomatic in the future. "No, I don't play video games. It's not my cup of tea." And perhaps "I prefer to read books" or whatever.. The way one expresses himself is more important than the content when it comes to human interaction.

Just something for you to consider :)

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

@Gili Trawangan Damn, thank you!

He even told me, that I have to add the phrase "In my opinion". He seriously felt bad. But I always am straight forward like that, which makes me in trouble all the time. I should be ignoring and sweeping things under the rug when it comes to human interaction. Applying filter to what I utter to me, is the hardest. 

16 hours ago, Zak said:

"I played guitar for 5 hours per day". I was like, "Dafuqqqqqq! Waste of time".

I also disagree with you.

I also judge people that play video games, specially grown up adults and specially 40+ yo adults that play video games.

Maybe people are wasting their time with playing video games, maybe they‘re not. There‘s too many layers for you to judge and too little you know about the person itself. And even if you did. Who are you to judge?

If they have fun doing what they‘re doing, what‘s the issue? If you for yourself really seek growth, then you might look into acceptance. Not only of yourself, but also others.

There‘s more to life than ‚growth’ only. Hell, sleeping would be a huge waste of time as well. Going to university can be a huge waste of time. Cleaning your room, also huge waste of time.

If you think too much, everything expect your end goal will be a huge waste of time in your eyes. Don‘t be too hard on yourself. Enjoy every minute of your life. Life is not in the future, it is now.

There is more to the little things than you might expect. Efficiency is at it‘s best if you do not care too much.

Edited by deso

Ironically your avatar is from a video game called diablo 3, I used to like diablo myself. when I get judged for playing video games I think that those people who judge are probably way too focused on surviving and can't stop to smell the flowers. 

@wk197 Oh damn man. How can you even notice that? lol.

You just explained me in a nutshell. Goddammit. 

@Zak Just a different perspective to consider...the value of practice, confidence, self assured ness, patience, mind expansion & understanding, the seeing through of nervousness / anxiety, single pointed concentration, no mind, flow state / disappearing in bliss, a body felt / known as love, freedom from psychological social conditioning, creativity, clarity in thought & communication, ease of expression, the recognition that Truth is everywhere, directly experiencing the vibrational nature of reality, discovering that if one can dream it one can experience it, etc...these were all realized by playing guitar & singing. 

Also, understanding passive income, automated processes, reinvestment, strategic thinking, flexibility & agility of thought, expanded strategizing, and I’d say the Joy of focus...mostly came from a video game. 

In hindsight, I’m so glad I didn’t judge these things.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Zak I can play video games for 12 hours and play guitar for 5 sometimes, however both are a waste of time, sure. Playing guitar feels much more rewarding, meanwhile playing multiplayer games can be really fun, intense and hard, so it can be appreciated. Meanwhile, everything that is used as a distraction to not look in and face every emotion, tought, sensation, feeling as it is or using other methods to do enlightenment work, is a waste of time. You still need to do some survival actions to keep the money rolling.