SQAAD

God Why Do you allow so much Suffering and Misery? I don't get it

25 posts in this topic

If I could talk to God I would ask him why there is so much suffering, misery and pain.                                                                                                                                           I don't understand why there has to be so much fn suffering and it bothers me. 

Fear, mental illness, corruption, Poverty, beheadings etc.   I can suffer tomorrow just because someone harms me. I can be born in an abusive home. Maybe I'm so unlucky that my country is at war.                        It's very difficult for me to accept all the misery and brutality that comes with life.              On the other hand I see the beauty and intelligence behind life.        My problem is that life will never go as I want it to be. Life doesn't care what I want. I'm forced to accept all the BS that I don't like.           I have no say in the matter. I'm like a river with no choices but simply to flow. Wish I had more control. What kind of God am i ???                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               The powerlessness really gets at me sometimes. I'm forced to constantly watch a movie (my life) with no say in the matter. Just an illusion of control. And I have to deal with all the crap the movie throws at me.                      So my conclusion is yes life is beautiful but also really messed up at the same time. Nobody can deny the inherent misery and pain that comes along with life.

Edited by SQAAD

6 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

If I could talk to God I would ask him why there is so much suffering, misery and pain?                                                                                                                                              I don't understand why there has to be so much fn suffering and it bothers me. 

Fear, mental illness, corruption, beheadings etc.   I can suffer tomorrow just because someone harms me. I can be born in an abusive home. Maybe I'm so unlucky that my country is at war.                        It's very difficult for me to accept all the misery and brutality that comes with life.              On the other hand I see the beauty and intelligence behind life.        My problem is that life will never go as I want it to be. Life doesn't care what I want. I'm forced to accept all the BS that I don't like.           I have no say in the matter. I'm like a river with no choices but simply to flow. Wish I had more control. What kind of God am i ???                                                                                                             

The belief that there's an entity called God behind all of this...hmmm interesting ?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

21 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@VeganAwake God = Reality.                 ( for me.)

It sounded like God = Suffering and Misery for you. 

The attachment or belief that something needs to be a certain way is what can cause suffering.

You are correct life doesn't care what you want... do you want to go with the current or against it.

I assure you life doesn't care either way.

What's really trippy is to recognize that even against the current, is still going with the current.

You simply can't be outside of what's happening might as well accept it or not hehe...?

Edited by VeganAwake

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

I've noticed this belief in me as well... This belief being "There's an entity/consciousness/intelligence outside myself which is all -powerful and all-loving"...  I'm starting to see that as a projection of my mind... belief.  

To me, this belief doesn't make sense since the suffering, etc., you mentioned.  Maybe it's still possible that there is such a God or consciousness/intelligence, but I don't know.  It could be some weird trick God is playing or a million other things.

"I don't know" may be an honest place to start...  and a place to not necessarily leave too soon.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

You're not going to like the sound of this, but what you're experiencing is not going to be fully addressed for quite a while.

Developmentally speaking, it actually takes a lot to "overcome" what you're talking about.

People here may reply with philosophy, but frankly, in this case it's not going to help.

You can be "Enlightened" by the standards of most users on this forum and still fundamentally not having overcome what you're honestly expressing, even if those individuals won't speak about it.

You can find an answer to your question, and yet it'll still trouble you, despite you fully seeing the illusion in it.

This is an issue that is essentially of integration, and not an issue of understanding.

If it helps at all, you will eventually overcome this issue at a fundamental level, or maybe you won't.

I wonder who's it up to?

Maybe this quote will restore your spirit.

"This is what is called being on the road without leaving home, leaving home without being on the road.

Is this an ordinary person? Is this a sage? Demons and outsiders cannot discern such a person;

even Buddhas and Zen masters can do nothing."

― Hakuin Ekaku (白隠 慧鶴)

I don't get you...

Have you ever seen a teenage girl in a shopping center with too much makeup making a selfie while showing duck faces with her "girlfriends"?

Yeah, that's you a few lifetimes ago when you didn't have any suffering in your life. You totally wasted that life, you haven't done any development, any self actualization and you certainly didn't care about spirituality. 

Before you were born to this life, you made a better choice. You chose to suffer to trigger your desire of self actualization. Congratulations, that was probably your best decision in the last 50 years. Now man up to it and stop feeling sorry for yourself.

Youre judging what God should and shouldn’t allow from what is threatening to the ego.

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

23 minutes ago, Gili Trawangan said:

@Barna Lol, that imagery made me laugh.

Thanks, I gave my best :D

10 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Barna Thank you, I really liked this ?

I'm glad I could help :)

Pure Love

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

54 minutes ago, Barna said:

You chose to suffer to trigger your desire of self actualization. Congratulations, that was probably your best decision in the last 50 years. 

I agree with that but on the other hand it also triggers the desire of power and control.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Pure Love

expand please

1 minute ago, Heaven said:

I agree with that but on the other hand it also triggers the desire of power and control.

Suffering shakes up everything so that you can choose how you want to reconstruct your sand castle

2 hours ago, SQAAD said:

I'm forced to constantly watch a movie (my life) with no say in the matter. Just an illusion of control. And I have to deal with all the crap the movie throws at me. 

How can a movie throw anything at you? You either are aware it's only a show and accept everything that happens or you are not and struggle.

It seems like your understanding is correct, but you need to go waaay deeper.

My advice is do more spiritual practice and everything will eventually pan out for you. Or not. xD That's life.

1 hour ago, Heaven said:

expand please

Wake up please.

You are God.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Wake up please.

You are God.

Yeah MYSELF rockin all the time even saw bakery with name Goč but it had vertical stain on it that turned it into God got so amazed. 

@Heaven Can't be pain and suffering. How why, wake up and discover yourself. Be Love man.