SickLuv

Is weed addictive for all human being ?

29 posts in this topic

Why it seams in 7 years. ( Leave school 4y ago ) My only problem with weed is my welfare is going all inside it.

My days are seeing my gf since a year and drawing painting while listening podcast. 

I need fact to know why life is better sober.

Physical reality I don't like it.

My main problem is that I feel people are pnjs. All I Can Do is lie / side truth because hard truth hurt them. 

Be aware besides weed I eat well and sleep well.

If I wasn't smoking weed I don't know what. Weed seams makes me more happy. Makes life joyful and fun. Makes me 'work hard' and smiley ( Electronic music / drawing:painting )

Working in a orange mindset is cancer to me even green are disastrous.

I follow leo since years. I even did LSD/mushroom / high dose alone. cause of this work.

I m aware of everything

I Ask god and pray for finding something highest.

It seams that god smoke pot

Edited by SickLuv

It can be and often is, but I think on this forum especially the potential for addiction is overblown. It really comes down to emotional maturity. You aren't going to be fiending for it like meth in any case scenario, lol.  

With the breeding of the plants to contain higher and higher levels of THC, I think this is playing a big part in issue on people becoming addicted. In the plants natural state of having balanced cannabinoids and terpnes, in my experience, is highly beneficial in terms of giving you a new perspective on consciousness. That being said, you only really get spiritual benefits when you use it few times and far in between. And won't take you as deep as a higher dose psychedelic trip as far as forcing radical truths on you. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@SickLuv If I understand you right you are smoking weed for a few years and asking for reasons to be sober? I don't know, get rid of it for 3 months and see how your life unfolds for you. Maybe you will like being sober more, maybe not.

No-one will tell you that your use of weed is good or bad. You have to judge that yourself. Personally I wouldn't rely on using any substance everyday unless it was absolutely needed to function. But that's me.

Here is my experience: I am 100% addicted to weed, but I take T-Breaks on a weekly basis, I smoke 4 days and don't smoke the other 3 days.

It is a trade off: Right now I have more energy, I am more intelligent, I am more verbally fluid, I have more discipline and more self control.

BUT   my stress level is higher, i have constant negative thoughts about the people that took advantage of me in the past, I want them to suffer, I want them to die, I wish bad things happen to them. These negative thoughts fill me with rage and hate. Rage and hate against them, and against me for letting it happen. They arise almost as soon as I wake up. It's like putting a pot full of water to boil.

When I am on my medicine those negative thoughts don't even come up, I just don't have them. My stress gets at a perfect level, and like you I am more creative, I am more happy and it makes my life joyful and fun.

42 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

Here is my experience: I am 100% addicted to weed, but I take T-Breaks on a weekly basis, I smoke 4 days and don't smoke the other 3 days.

It is a trade off: Right now I have more energy, I am more intelligent, I am more verbally fluid, I have more discipline and more self control.

BUT   my stress level is higher, i have constant negative thoughts about the people that took advantage of me in the past, I want them to suffer, I want them to die, I wish bad things happen to them. These negative thoughts fill me with rage and hate. Rage and hate against them, and against me for letting it happen. They arise almost as soon as I wake up. It's like putting a pot full of water to boil.

When I am on my medicine those negative thoughts don't even come up, I just don't have them. My stress gets at a perfect level, and like you I am more creative, I am more happy and it makes my life joyful and fun.

Do you see how you are covering up the issues. Not working through them? It's no better then an alcoholic. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

I smoked weed constantly for 6 years. One joint every night, more joints on weekends, parties. It helped me a lot with issues  I was going through (bipolar,self esteem etc).  I then found a men with whom I didn't smoke for more than 6  months. Just didn't feel like it. I taught him how to smoke weed,at one point, because he was really depressed about his job. (of course we ended up smoking almost every night after work).  It's been another 7 years  since then. I only smoke weed when I feel inspired to do so, and use it solely as meditation kit (once or twice a month). I chose to give it up when I noticed it made me dumb and unproductive (if your goal is to grow, staying in the same spot does not help). 

I do not believe weed creates addiction. Not more so then other addictive substances/habits, anyway. It was far more difficult to give up sugar and cocoa, alcohol and tobacco,toxic relationships, judgement etc.  I still drink a coffee everyday, so you know... caffeine to. Weed was actually the easiest addiction to quit. If you really want to understand where addiction comes from, listen/ read Gabor Mate. I know people here don't care much for him, but as far as I can see, he's talking about the same thing Leo is talking, but from his own point of view.

1 hour ago, Anna1 said:

It's no better then an alcoholic. 

Anna stop please. You don't know what you are talking about, you are making a fool out of yourself.

Edited by Arcangelo

5 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

Anna stop please. You don't know what you are talking about, you are making a fool out of yourself.

From her previous sentence I would presume that she meant that if a substance is used to avoid handling issues, issues will not be handled. Be it weed or alcohol. Of course weed is more "healthy" substance to abuse than alcohol, but I don't think that wasn't denied there.

not addictive for me, i dont like it

theres a huge part of the population that get negative effects from THC, i think im one of them

Dont look at me! Look inside!

14 hours ago, Girzo said:

@SickLuv If I understand you right you are smoking weed for a few years and asking for reasons to be sober? I don't know, get rid of it for 3 months and see how your life unfolds for you. Maybe you will like being sober more, maybe not.

No-one will tell you that your use of weed is good or bad. You have to judge that yourself. Personally I wouldn't rely on using any substance everyday unless it was absolutely needed to function. But that's me.

Yes I did in fact. I feel that life will tell me when I'll have to be doing something else. 

My problem isn't really on karma. Lol.

Problem is it cost me penny + judgement ( that I do not Care for on a mental side ) / no way to work in 'regular job'

But why 'work' in meaningless shit.

In fact there is no problem. I'll keep being where I m. Can't beat myself for it. There is no where to go I Guess.

For me turn me perfect. No mental impairment. And makes me sleep like charm.

I try to be only smoking night' but then I don't work and focus on 'dopamintive content'

Like reading about death etc...

When I avoid weed. My brain stuck on more meaningless shit and loose focus and discipline.

I started weed for the idea of doping myself  ( motivation at hand everyday )

Weed makes me start work and loose myself in if.

On the other side. Sober I m over stimulating people with words cause I need to be entertained sort of.

I was a geek weirdo until 20y old. Never worked at home. Weed makes me quit vidéo games for 6-9hours studying reading music and starting self improvement.

When I quit last year. My old adhd me started to take over again

41 minutes ago, SickLuv said:

Problem is it cost me penny + judgement ( that I do not Care for on a mental side ) / no way to work in 'regular job'

Yeah, that judgement part sucks, but there's not really much one can do about it but let'em judge. Or show them that you can handle your life even with weed.

Does that "no way to work in 'regular job'" mean that you have to start smoking right away from morning? If that's the case, then it's of course more difficult.

For the cost part: you know, it's weed, literally. It grows anywhere. Seeds can be obtained pretty easily. If you don't want lamps and tents in your apartment, throw them outdoors in the summer.

Euh...

Yet another sample of wrong-doing set as the norm then followed by a simili-surprise, as if somehow it were meant to get right automagically!

Practically everyone who tries cannabis is thought to do it the wrong way and once we've been programmed by a socio-toxic environment to systematically abuse it's even more difficult to correct course.  Cannabis doesn't create so-called "addictions" all by itself, just look at all the self-vilification vectors associated to it for no good purpose and then please hopefully consider starting to ask the right questions.

Good day, have fun!!  B|

Yes marijuana can be extremely addictive. It's amusing how quickly heavy users who are usually so "chill" will scramble out of the woodwork to cram "science" and endless arguments in your face to try and prove otherwise. It's just the ego trying to justify the habit. Obviously, pot in comparison is one of the safest recreational drugs that exists, but this is just a deflection from the reality of what it does to people.

Far too often I see people convincing themselves they aren't addicted and they get really defensive when it's brought up. Yet they do it very frequently, the definition of a habit or addiction.

They rationalize the addiction in their mind by saying it helps them be "spiritual", it elevates their ability, and it makes them less stressed and more calm.

All that may be completely true and I won't fight that (I felt the same I used to smoke weed a lot as well), but what they need to become conscious of is that it is completely possible to attain those states regularly without depending on a substance. In most cases it is just people being lazy and using these positive states they experience as once again an excuse to justify not being able to stop.

Despite what people will say it is a low tier substance like nicotine and alcohol. It clouds the mind and distracts from the necessity of sober life needed for spiritual work. Once you get transcend the immaturity of stage orange and green attitudes towards marijuana you will see this too.

Before anyone backlashes to what I'm saying I'll point out I'm a young person who grew up smoking a lot of weed. I am fully for the legalization and decriminalization of all drugs, despise the war on drugs and the corrupt prison systems, and support social programs and rehabilitation centers. 

hrhrhtewgfegege

@SickLuv

I like being sober and I like being high, collapes the duality of sober vs high and then addiction becomes a non-issue. There are beninfits to boths sides, contemplate about what the side of yourself who thinks being high is better thinks of the side who thinks you should be sober, then look at the sober perspective looking at the high perspective. Once you got a good idea of both sides look at the big picture, the more awareness you bring to this the easier it will be to collapes the duality.  

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

On 2/25/2020 at 11:47 PM, Arcangelo said:

How did I miss this! 

I had an alcoholic mother and a step mom and dad addicted to weed growing up. They all were covering up their issues with drugs. My step mom finally went to in-pt drug rehab, because she couldn't stop the weed and was going to her job in heart surgery every day high as a kite. The fact that she didn't kill someone was a miracle.

My point was you are still an addict. You've just switched substances. You haven't worked through any issues.

You've even said on here more then once that you are the biggest pothead on Actualized.org....but I'm the fool. Yeah, whatever buddy. Keep lying to yourself. Lol

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

On 25/02/2020 at 5:54 PM, SickLuv said:

Is weed addictive for all human being ?

Nope. Weed made me feel retarded. I didn't like it.

unborn Truth

9 hours ago, ajasatya said:

Nope. Weed made me feel retarded. I didn't like it.

Lol?

Me either. I'd laugh, maybe get paranoid, eat anything in sight and sleep.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Salutations SickLuv,

On 25/02/2020 at 3:54 PM, SickLuv said:

I Ask god and pray for finding something highest.

Wrong place to look for it IMO, especially if you feel vulnerable while seeking a true sense of love anyway!  Just search the web for "Egzoset David Chiasson" in order to get a glimpse on the other side of so-called "addiction", posting it here would feel somewhat futile but i provided enough details elsewhere to convey the big picture on how bad predatory attitudes can become i believe...

Good day, have fun!!  B|

Edited by Egzoset
Read-proofing.

I was addicted to it for a short while. I’m too busy to waste time like that now. 

In Tate we trust

I'm a bit naive when it comes to weed. 

Does this weed cause a lot of health problems like high heart rate, anxiety and all that?

I have never done drugs in my life but people say weed is good. 

But since I never tried it, I'm a bit apprehensive. Is it like caffeine? 

Does it make you feel high alert or loss of sleep or some unpleasant feelings in the brain like nervousness? 

Because then I don't want to try it since I'm very sensitive and I have suffered epilepsy before. 

So not sure if it's safe for a sensitive brain. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.