crab12

People who have experienced ego death - why do you keep your money?

98 posts in this topic

@Keyhole We all deserve abundance, that's my point. 

And, yes but often that can be helped by offering help for those in financial trouble so they can also receive the teaching, this can often be sorted out with most teachers and I agree the teachings should ideally be made available to all :)

However, if you work 1-1 with soemone you deserve to be compensated for your time but could of course adjust depending on your 'students' financial situation? 

Eventually, if I ever teach I would like to focus on 1-1 Sessions as I think it's the most direct and effective and will likely charge a fee for my time, however, if someone had no money I wouldn't turn him away but would work something out so he could still receive the teaching :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 I agree totally, but at the same time, the love is yours. You own it. Nobody else does. Since it’s yours, you can sell it if you want to. Just name it after yourself, and use some words that nobody knows. You’ll make a killing man.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm What do you mean mate?

I'm confused whether this is sarcasm xD

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Seems to me like there's a shadow addiction to stage orange and an allergy to orange going on here. o.O It doesn't have to be either way. Simple as that. 

@fridjonk My point is it doesn't have to be either way, but can be whatever way that individual wants. 

If anything it was more about the integration of Stage Orange than an addiction to it, from my experience it seems Stage Orange is the most demonized in spiritual communities and one that is rarely properly integrated and it has always been this way. The stereotypical Hippie is the perfect example of this. 

I was merely stating that financial abundance doesn't mean someone isn't fully embodied or awake, and that one can have both that's all, I often end up going too extreme in my arguments that make it seem like I go to far, sorry!

I also did this when attempting to explain the human dimension of spirituality, something I'm working on in my communication :)

@LfcCharlie4 No I’m saying this respectfully in your favor. It’s obvious you ‘know the truth’, know who you really are so to speak. So you can see most people don’t. Since you know there’s no actual measuring etc...you could just write a book with like, a ‘measuring system’. Then you could basically just invent a word for what you have that moves someone up that system, and sell it. Imo, it’s genius. All those people “selling” their time wouldn’t stand a chance. 

@LfcCharlie4  Yes, I feel we're on the same page. The most important thing has to always be the student's growth and ideally their awakening, not the money you earn from them, and that's why I appreciated my teacher. I paid for each session, however, she basically told me to F off once I was done and that the next part I would need to do alone xD (in the nicest way of course) 

@Nahm

Hmm I don't think I could add anything to what I've read, who knows maybe one day I'll write a bookxD 

But, I wouldn't become a teacher to make money, if anything I'd like to be financially free by the time I teach so I wouldn't need to charge much and could compensate for those with little money. I just feel 1-1 is the most effective so that's what I'd want to focus on really, you can build a relationship and work with individuals on their individual problems. 

However, I'm only 20, I'd say this is like a decade in the future, I still have lots of integration work to do and wouldn't want to 'sell people short' in terms of teaching :) 

Ideally, I'd also like to be a holistic teacher, as I feel other areas such as Health, Fitness, Relationships etc need to applied to fully embody an awkening as we've spoken about here, and I have work to do in those areas still, I kind of want to spend my 20s building complete financial freedom, while also expanding my knowledge in those other areas as much as possible. 

It's amazing how much more time there is once we finish seeking, before I would spend SO much time reading, listening, consuming Non-Duality it literally took over my life! But, I have quite an addictive personality so maybe I'm an extreme example, but I feel this happens with most of us and it's very beautiful but can also lead to neglect in other areas, so it's nice to dive back into other things :) 

31 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

I feel we may never agree on this, but I do feel one can fully embody awakening and still have a nice house, car, basically enjoy material things such as nice food and drinks. 

I would roughly define being awake as "being conscious of your true nature". And embodied awakening as "having your actions aligned with that realisation/knowing". I think you would agree with that. But what you would probably call full embodiment, I would call 60% embodiment.

38 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Also, isn't creating a business that provides huge value already part of an embodied awakening as you are actively helping people find solutions to their needs.

Yes, it certainly is a part of an embodied awakening.

39 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

I don't agree ALL money made from a business should be used to create value, SOME can also be used in one's own life,

I also don't think that all money made should be used to create value. My point is that someone who has fully embodied awakening (like perhaps Jesus) would do that.

10 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

If anything it was more about the integration of Stage Orange than an addiction to it, from my experience it seems Stage Orange is the most demonized in spiritual communities and one that is rarely properly integrated and it has always been this way. The stereotypical Hippie is the perfect example of this. 

Agreed. Green can often be the most vicious when its limits are pushed. ;) I also notice a lot of blue hate, they are quite loving I've come to notice. 

@LfcCharlie4 Ok, but you wouldn’t have to do any of that stuff if you heard what I’m saying. You’d make so much money it’d be sick. IN your knowing how impressionable people are, and that we’re each creating our own reality, and that there are beliefs out there, in God, you could literally just say you like, got a super power from God. Everyone you’re talking to wouldn’t know, because as you know they’re holding beliefs about who they are. The real beauty of it would be that the falsity would be unfalsifiable. You could literally tell people exactly what you’re really doing, and they would still believe you. 

@GreenWoods Yeah I would pretty much agree with your 'definitions.' I would maybe change the 2nd one to simply 'Living The Understanding in all areas of life.' I guess our differences lie in how this can be expressed, to me anyone doing what they love is perfectly expressing this understanding as they are simply expressing and sharing love, and through this are sharing the understanding through the power of love. That's why I mentioned a Pro Athlete could be as embodied as Jesus teaching on his mountain, they teach and express in different ways and in the way that is best suited for their unique Body/ Mind. 

Maybe Jesus would do that, there wasn't many personal finance or investment courses out there back then ;) 

@Nahm I still feel you're being sarcastic xD I just feel 1-1 Teaching > and probably am slightly biased, so it'd be the main way I wanted to teach :) 

@fridjonk  Yes, watch extreme vegan activists and you can see Green being pushed to the max, I woudn't of ever gone vegan because someone screamed at me to do so, that's the bleeding heart issue of green, that can be resolved by the systemic problem solving of Yellow I guess!

@Nahm isn't that approach a complete narcissistic manipulation? 

Aren't people smarter than this? Or do you only need a flaming passion and to preach like a maniac your lovely "word"?

Edited by TheGreekSeeker

@TheGreekSeeker Yeah I think he's joking or I've completely misunderstood him. 

I see 3 traps come up.

First. You feel that you are being pressurized into altruism: "If you don't give your money away then you are unenlightened!! Come talk to our cool enlightened club when you are a homeless bum." You should definitely not give into this pressure of putting on an altruistic act. Also I feel that the word "altruism" has an implication of self-sacrifice in it. If at some point you begin to see others as you, then helping others won't seem like altruism or self-sacrifice to you, because you are literally acting in YOUR best interest while doing it. It only appears "self-sacrificing" to others. You will want to do it, but if you don't then you don't, and it's pointless to put on an act.

Second. You worry that if you don't live like a hermit then others will judge you as unenlightened. It is irrelevant how you appear to others. What matters is you being true to yourself and expressing yourself authentically.

Third. Pathological altruism. Other people inhabit a bubble of magic too, the same kind you have to experience your life in. They have free will and they are able to provide for themselves and manage themselves. And they are in a much better position to do so than you. I don't want others be a drain on my life energy and take advantage of my generosity. I don't want co-dependent relationships and I don't want to play mommy to other adult humans.

@crab12 This was kind of what I was trying to say, but I guess it kind of came across as fighting fir Stage Orange, which it wasn't meant to. More a healthy integration of Orange and an ability to enjoy duality in a healthy way. 

Say an awakened being wants a nice car, maybe they will opt for environmentally friendly cars such as Tesla (Example I don't know exact specs) instead of a Diesel car, and maybe they want a large home but will opt for a Stage Yellow self sustainable house that generates it's own energy using renewable sources, and has a vegtable garden and stuff like that, as this would be more beneficial and utilize less resources, it doesn't have to be as simple as Spending Money/ Desiring Things = Bad. 

But, I can see why, consumerism in excess causes lots and lots of issues, so it's all about finding that balance where we can enjoy things 'Guilt Free' without causing too much damage and actively trying to help the situation. 

In my case I went Vegan after seeing animal agriculture videos, but wasn't into spirituality at the time, and still don't think this makes me superior or more enlightened at all, I just don't want to support the animal agriculture industry and it happens you can live in optimal health with a Whole Foods Plant Based lifestyle. So, I can still enjoy the occasional treat 'Guilt Free' so to speak. 

Yeah, in terms of the Hermit approach I take a more 'Tantric' outlook in that we can experience all of life and duality in it's greatness in a conscious manner and don't need to become hermits. I often believe many of these hermits are trying to deny the 'ugly world out there' and haven't embraced the world as the very Buddha Planet, and The True Heaven, so are still potentially subtly rejecting duality!

This also happens with Cellibacy a LOT, There is 'natural cellibacy' where the Sex Drive drops away naturally e.g. Ramana Maharshi and then forced celibacy that leads to nothing but repression and shadow issues....Priests beeing pedophiles for example? In my opinion, we should never deny something that is as natural as our sex drive, but of course we can make it more conscious and loving- like anything!

Just to be clear I LOVE helping people, but I don't see to expense my own wellbeing as a result, I think that's BS to be honest, why not have both? 

Maybe that's greedy, but I feel we should be able to have our cake and eat it too ;) 

Be able to enjoy basking in pure joy of The Self/ Non-Dual Honeymoon, while also enjoying the 'Duality' of human experience and embracing being a human and a unique one at that that has a personality and interests and things they love, what fun would it be if we were all a whitewash of awareness? Pretty boring. 

Basically, egolessness doesn't mean anti-materialism.  

It means the disappearance of a one-sided, imbalanced attachment to the material.

Rejection of the material may in itself be a manifestation of some form of ego. "Hey, look at me, I'm so spiritual!" :)

The ego can manifest in many ways, and some of them resemble the traditional or popular conception of the "enlightened" or pious.

@Haumea2018 Explained what I was trying to say in about 4 lines, thank you!!

Also, heard a great phrase from R&A, in terms of Love which was a big discussion point here. 

Shift your focus to becoming a being of sharing, at at least a '51:49' split of sharing/receiving, and this can of course gradually grow, and there is NO LIMIT to love and express this understanding, but DOESN'T mean we can't receive abundance as well. Counter-intuitively the more we share, the more we often receive which allows us to share even further, and by tapping into this understanding our potential is unlimited!  

Beware thou spiritual/selfless egoic self agenda, the sneakiest of all.

It will send you on humanitarian missions to save humanity and to change the world for the better.(of course better in my opinion)

Another wolf in sheep's clothing... the ego is so sneaky... it will try to build itself up anyway it can, whether it's positive or negative for the organism.

The best way to completely rid ones self of the ego is to stop feeding it all together... Put it completely out of a job. Get entirely off the hamster wheel, deconstruct the hamster wheel, and put it in the trash compactor...

Money is completely neutral it has nothing to do with being egoless.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake It's a miracle I'm agreeing with you! :x

However, if someone feels called to humanitarian work, I feel 10000% go for it, but to force it to be 'spiritual' like you said doesn't resonate well with me. Everyone's path is different and everyone expresses love, truth and beauty in their own way :) 

THANK YOU for the last line, money is neutral, it's simply energy! It's the motivation and action behind it that means it has become associated with so many negative meanings and projections. 

Most of us likely have some unhealthy beliefs around money, unless we were lucky enough to be brought up where money wasn't ever an issue and abundance/ energy mindsets were taught...which I imagine is rare!