Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maxman

9 to 5 Job OR Self employed

6 posts in this topic

I know what my life purpose is. I want to be a yoga teacher. But working on that first requires a lot of learning and practice myself. Till then, how do I start earning? I have two options.
1) A secure 9 to 5 job which gives me steady and good pay. So maybe I can work on my life purpose in the remaining time of the day and weekends.
2) Freelancing/passive income methods like blogging or youtubing/business/stock trading - Here I'll have to start low. Learn new skills. The pay won't be steady. Chances are some months I won't make enough to survive. Also learning stuff about my life purpose requires money to attend classes, coaching etc. Not sure if I'll be able to make that much through freelancing.
So the dilemma is : What is worse?
Lack of time and freedom as is in the case of the secure job or lack of steady and good pay (enough to pay for my learning expenses)?
Though I know even in freelancing if I work smart and take wise decisions and learn from my mistakes, I will be able to make more money that I would in the 9 to 5 job. But then again there's the risk of failure. I don't want to get so caught up in survival when freelancing that I don't get money and even time to work on my life purpose.
I am 24 and this would be the first time I'd be working to earn. Would I have enough energy and time to work on my life purpose after I come home from my 9 to 5 job? If I choose freelancing, will I be able to earn enough money and would I be left with time to work on my life purpose?
What do I do? Which of the 2 options is more conducive for me being able to work on my life purpose?

You're not gonna be able to earn instant money via biz. Freelancing will earn you much less than you imagine.

I would look for a reasonable job and develop skills on the side until such time that your skills can provide genuine value to people.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Maxman Dream board. Your answer will arise from all your unique wants, derived of all your experiences of what you do not want. At the stage you’re at, you must see this and flip that script. Don’t attempt to do this in your head, or on paper. 

Thinking like this:

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

So the dilemma is : What is worse?

This is indicative of the ‘learning what you don’t want phase’, and you’re trying to use these faculties of mind in the what you do want phase. It won’t work. You can not experience the answer in the same mindset in which the question arose. All of creation reflects this truth, inseparable from your own life and choices. 

A hypothetical example of what can arise...a reiki practitioner takes two classes, and experiences a few session. They heal themselves, which is a fantastic ‘aside’. Like anything, practice & experience are key. However, this amount of time relative to income sources / other avenues, is shorter by years. Where I work, one of the new practitioners works two hours (two appointments) a day, five days a week, charging sixty dollars per hour. She went from the idea, to making money, in one month - because she understood that don’t want, vs want thingy. That’s $600 / week, $31,200 / annual. There is also a massage therapist ($80 / hr), a life coach ($80 / hr), and yoga instructors who are at about the same place in terms of money / time, with income potentially fluctuating more due to charging less per person for the class. The healing of these modalities is relative to each individual. One option is all of them. 

In that healing, the mind opens up, more than what could be imagined prior to the experience. That, combined with the vantage point of the unfolding, via the experiencing of the dream board...inspire inherently. Such a person could open their own facility, charge self employed practitioners rent by room, and make six figures....healed...and assisting others interested in the same. Keep in mind, this is just a hypothetical example. The intention is to collapse some dualities between income, healing, passion, and calling. 

“I don't want to get so caught up in survival when freelancing that I don't get money and even time to work on my life purpose.”

Then choose a better feeling, inclusive, thought. That is a duality, as in, it is ‘yours’ and yours alone. You will not find these things in any sense you can point to them. Seems like it, but though thoughts are ‘things’, a thing is not your thought of it.

Also, the people mentioned here, write their own schedules, take weekends, holidays, & vacations as they choose, and do not have a boss. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Can you do a job as an assistant to a yoga teacher who is already established and then learn ways from there before you start on your own? You can even make a network of clients that way. 

This way, you integrate your purpose even in your job, you get to talk about your purpose to people you see, and get to express your values. 

Edited by rNOW

Do you have anything you are already good at? Any hobbies or anything like that? If you already know what you want to do, then I would try to focus on that as much as possible. 

I would go to a normal job at 3/4 time. You would earn enough to live on and still have 2-4 hours everyday to practice yoga.

Freelancing is a time stealer. In the beginning it takes way more effort than 9 to 5.

You could also take up some seasonal job and have a few months in a year to retreat on.