Zingo

About Leo promoting psychedelics

27 posts in this topic

I was very surprised seeing how Leo didn't add any caveats in the video "How Psychedelics Work - Making Sense Of Psychedelics". He basically encourages all his viewers to take psychedelics in large amounts without thinking twice about how some people aren't mentally equipped to handle it, and may suffer severe mental damage. Don't get me wrong, I'm not demonizing psychedelics in any way, but it surely can be harmful if you're, for example, predisposed to mental illness.

Also, I haven't really heard Leo talk about the advantages it gives him in his everyday life once he's off the medicine. Sure, you realize that you're God and so on. That's great! Then what? Is he more at peace with himself having that knowledge? Does he feel happier? In short, what is the long term benefit?

Edited by Zingo

1 hour ago, Zingo said:

Also, I haven't really heard Leo talk about the advantages it gives him in his everyday life once he's off the medicine. Sure, you realize that you're God and so on. That's great! Then what? Is he more at peace with himself having that knowledge? Does he feel happier? In short, what is the long term benefit?

Yes, experiencing yourself as God makes you happier and more at peace.  And the question about the long term benefit can only come from the ego.  In the experience of eternity, the long term benefit is completely irrelevant as there is no self to be concerned about the benefit of.  Either way, the Truth is it’s own reward. 

11 hours ago, Zingo said:

what is the long term benefit?

Somebody in human history had the balls to call bullshit, bullshit.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Obviously viewers need to take responsibility for what they put in their bodies and need to take care of what they're prepared for.

This means, measuring an appropriate dose, and taking care of set and setting. Studies indicate that taking care of these things will assure a positive experience.

Secondly, psychedelics help with mental illness. I am diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, I have seen therapy for years, and psychedelics have significantly helped my progress, self-esteem, confidence, ability to conceptualize things, and improved my approach to challenges.

I have friends who deal with depression who have found it to be cathartic and overall positive in their life. It is best to take an individualized approach. It's also helped me out of a depressive funk!

There are so many benefits and you could easily look it up! Generally speaking by the end of the trip, you will just feel at home in your body, you will have sorted out any physical or mental tension, appreciation for basic things (breathing, water, and food), and you will learn to empathize with other living creatures. plus more!

If you really want to learn about this, you need to read up, I recommend The psychedelics explorers guide for a complete understanding.

https://www.amazon.com/Psychedelic-Explorers-Guide-Therapeutic-Journeys-ebook/dp/B0051OHLVG

Edited by SgtPepper

2 hours ago, wheelspawn said:

Many of the research hallucinogens Leo promotes are poorly researched and have only seen human consumption for a few years. There is little to no evidence establishing their lethal doses, addictive potential, risks of long-term use or capacity to permanently impair the user's judgment. Heavy use and careless promotion of these drugs is dangerous and reckless, both for Leo and this community. Leo's hyperreligiosity and insistent claims of godhood suggest that he is attempting and succeeding in permanently dissociating himself from reality. Any sensible person would be extremely cautious to go down this path...

Oh, I forgot, silly me. The brain doesn't exist. And neither do you or me. That's right. Everything is just spooky consciousness floating around trying to become God.

So go ahead and take as much as you want, whenever you want.

Go and try to become addicted to a psychedelic, I dare you. The word "addiction" is antithetical to psychedelics. The work being done here and the state psychedelics put you in transcend addiction. It a serious undertaking to trip and contemplate reality, facing your inner demons. It isn't a walk down the park having all these euphoric pleasurable experiences. Drop the scientific/rationally minded crusader act with all these beliefs you picked up from your culture and put your own skepticism to the test. These research chemicals are analogues of classic psychedelics which humanity has been using since the dawn of time to evolve and raise consciousness. "No long term studies" lol, with the war on drugs, one of americas biggest blunders to date, I wonder why there are no long term studies....

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

13 hours ago, Zingo said:

Sure, you realize that you're God and so on. That's great! Then what? Is he more at peace with himself having that knowledge? Does he feel happier? In short, what is the long term benefit?

Thanks for the good laugh! :)

Yes, realizing you're God is pretty cool and believe it or not has a few long term benefits!!

Leo has a video called "Benefits of Enlightenment." 

Perhaps you could start there.

P.S.

Please note that there are hundreds of hours of content on this channel. Many of Leo's recent videos require a proper intellectual foundation to grasp their full significance.

Do you expect to walk in to a 4th year calculus class without graduating from the first 3 years?

If you buckle down and devote lots of time and energy to studying this work in depth, it will be extremely rewarding in all aspects of your life.

This is real personal development.

What you're asking here is the equivalent of me (having never studied calculus) walking into a 4th year calculus class and asking the prof questions about what calculus even is.

The prof will just tell me to take 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, year calculus so that I can understand wtf is going on in 4th year calculus.

Study the content on this channel. Watching a couple vids isn't sufficient.

If you want to understand 4th year calculus then you better master 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year.

Edited by Adam M

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

@Johnny5 Who says it didn't? Maybe we'd all still be cavemen beating each other with clubs without the help of psychedelics :D

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

43 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

Didn't really work, did it.... :S

It was outlawed and demonized precisely because it worked.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Clever folk more often than not forget and underestimate how irresponsible your average Joe is.

@Johnny5 I don't know what point you are trying to make here. Psychedelic use has been deeply, deeply intertwined with the evolution of society and culture dating back to ancient civilizations. One cannot pin all evolution of humanity to psychedelics, but through research you can see the huge influences of plant medicines of the past. 

Humans went from stage purple tribes in the jungle primarily into democracy. I think "it worked".

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

14 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise how's your turquoise coming along.

Not good, I'm still working on transcending beige. 

3 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Go and try to become addicted to a psychedelic, I dare you.

That is very reckless thing to suggest. Although psychedelics tend to have effects which makes it easier to take a break, you shouldn't underestimate human capability to get addicted to anything.

3 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

These research chemicals are analogues of classic psychedelics which humanity has been using since the dawn of time to evolve and raise consciousness.

Being analogue does not mean having same safety profile. It really doesn't.

30 minutes ago, ttm said:

That is very reckless thing to suggest. Although psychedelics tend to have effects which makes it easier to take a break, you shouldn't underestimate human capability to get addicted to anything.

I find this hilarious, because you think people are going to take it hyper-literally and legitimately try to get addicted because of me saying that...well they might be pissed to find out that they won’t be able to. Might even fuck around and realize reality is non dual in the process lol.

Its an invitation to find out that after a powerful trip you do NOT want to do it again for a while. Not even taking physiological tolerance into account where you cant day in and day out trip without exponentially increasing dosage if that would even work (referring to mushrooms/LSD). Some psychedelics are the best cures known to man for getting rid of addictive behaviors. For example there is no better known success rate for opioid addiction than ibogaine. 

Test it for yourself instead of fearmongering something you have no experiential knowledge or understanding of.

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

22 minutes ago, ttm said:

Doesn’t mean it is unsafe either. Why don’t you wait till science clears up that safety profile issue for you completely? Because you’d be dead before that happens. These analogues are so closely related.

LSD is a classical psych that is “synthetic” just like the research chems. The research chem 1-p LSD for example literally just breaks down into LSD in the body. 

Do some research and critical thinking instead of sucking on sciences tit for studies and proof you will never see most likely because of the legal situation.

1.png

"Do some research and critical thinking instead of sucking on sciences tit for studies and proof" ~ Mr Shroom 2020

Edited by electroBeam

@wheelspawn Heavy use and careless promotion of these drugs is dangerous and reckless, both for Leo and this community. Leo's hyperreligiosity and insistent claims of godhood suggest that he is attempting and succeeding in permanently dissociating himself from reality. Any sensible person would be extremely cautious to go down this path...

have you ever considered the possibility that he might be right. That if you went down this path, you would realise what he did. Notice your demonisation of something you don’t fully understand. If you think these theories of conciousness and science trying to explain psychedelics are sufficient then you are clearly the deluded one. These are just theories. Science isint even close. If you were truly skeptical of these claims then you wouldn’t be on this forum trying to convince people of your viewpoint and telling them that this is a cult. It’s very counterproductive. If you want to accept the mainstream narrative that’s up to you, but dont attack people that are seeking the truth. You assess the risks and dangers, ultimately YOU are responsible, not Leo not anyone else. If you really think it’s BS you wouldn’t be on this forum at all. Clearly you are looking for a fight at a subconscious level. 

Also most people that act “sensibly” are fucking miserable.

Edited by Mongu9719

4 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

I find this hilarious, because you think people are going to take it hyper-literally and legitimately try to get addicted because of me saying that...

I don't think that. Of course it is very possible that there could be people, who get one sided picture from comments like yours and get into trouble. Even if no one takes you seriously, your attitude to psychedelics and humanity is still naive.

7 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Test it for yourself instead of fearmongering something you have no experiential knowledge or understanding of.

I find this hilarious, because you think you know better than me how much experiential knowledge I have

1 minute ago, electroBeam said:

1.png"Do some research and critical thinking instead of sucking on sciences tit for studies and proof" ~ Mr Shroom 2020

Mr Shroom has spoken

But lets be honest, you're just arguing on here because shrooms like you are marginalised in society and you haven't got a support group yet. Don't fuzzy your feelings with all this science and rationale crap. 

Lol buddy, you are clearly deep in your own projections like quicksand.

37 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Lol buddy, you are clearly deep in your own projections like quicksand.

just buy yourself a quicksand watch with two stones inside and love will never run out. but you can’t do that, even though you can try.

If these these RC drugs are as powerful as most here seem to get behind Leo and claim, shouldnt we have see some psychedelic enduced enlightened beings / mystics by now? I mean in the calibre of Ramana Maharishi, Rupert Spira, Eckhart Tolle etc??
Guess Terrance Mckenna is as close as you get and he was far from enlightened. Really im interested to hear, give an example of a psychedilic induced enlightened person?

Psychelics is a wonderful tool if used correctly but im sorry to burst the bubble, it´s not the answer to everything. And it can be a terrible tool if used cautionless. Which people will do if you are not responsible in how you spread information. Which Leo is not. But he also spread good information so I´m not saying it´s a bad thing altogether, quite the opposite. 
But there is some truth to the concern raised by the topic starter @Zingo, don´t be blind to that.
It´s so interesting how people quickly get into dualistic for / against camps which only split and divide. Guess thats the play of life...

Edited by luckieluuke